How good is Larkin?

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
4C????

Have you ever watched him play?

It's hilarious how little credit he gets league wide, and how underrated he is because he plays on Detroit.
There are a lot of people who say that about a lot of our players, I for one am fine with it! Let them keep thinking that.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
I can't wait to see how well he does with Zadina and hopefully one of Hughes/Kakko/Lafreniere on his wings in a few years.

Reactions: TheMule93

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Hes borderline 1C, but a very good 2C on a contender. Funny thing is that he would probably play mostly 2C on my team, but my team is not very good.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He's super underrated.

Back then, whenever people would name off 1C's, there's always those common names like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Getzlaf, etc. And everyone would forget about Backstrom.

That's how I feel about Larkin. The same happened to Monahan, people don't pay much attention to the teams that are winning consistently. Now that the Flames are winning and Monahan is a PPG with some good 2-way play, people are recognizing him as a top center in the game (not top 10).

Reactions: SirloinUB

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Jason spezza couldn't make it as a 1c and Larkin is never going to be that good ever

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Larkin is a win at all costs type of guy. Think of Toews with better better wheels. That's where he's trending.

Ideally, Detroit still needs to get their Kane ( not to mention Keith), but Larkin is the type of guy that every team would kill for. A guy who can play and excel in any situation: offensively, defensively, special teams, leadership.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
great player but its too bad his talents will be wasted in Detroit. Holland is the new Chiarelli

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Ken Holland who last lost about ~0 trades on his 20 year career vs. Chiarelli who has lost about ~100% of his trades.

it wasn't too long ago that Chiarelli was talked of like a god with his fleecing of Toronto and building a team that went to 2 finals in 3 seasons. now he's a complete joke which is where Holland is heading. the red wings have been mismanaged for nearly a decade now.

Last edited:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
in what way?

1st for Kyle Quincey. Weiss, Nielsen, Abdelkader (Given NTC), Helm (Given NTC), Howard, Ericsson (Given NTC), Daley, Bernier (3 million per season) Dekeyser (Given NTC), and Glendening were all bad to terrible signings. Trading Jarnkrok and a pick for the corpse of Scott Legwand in 2014. Keeping Trashill for this long too.

He kept the "streak" going after 2013 at all costs. His reward? A team that won 0 postseason series (5 total games) between 2014-2016. He is now by far the worst GM in the league. Or darn near close to it.

Detroit Red Wings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
1st for Kyle Quincey. Weiss, Nielsen, Abdelkader (Given NTC), Helm (Given NTC), Howard, Ericsson (Given NTC), Daley, Bernier (3 million per season) Dekeyser (Given NTC), and Glendening were all bad to terrible signings. Trading Jarnkrok and a pick for the corpse of Scott Legwand in 2014. Keeping Trashill for this long too.

He kept the "streak" going after 2013 at all costs. His reward? A team that won 0 postseason series (5 total games) between 2014-2016. He is now by far the worst GM in the league. Or darn near close to it.

Detroit Red Wings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
And yet none of which come even close to as bad as Chiarelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad