How good is Larkin?

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I wasn't going to make a separate thread for this but I didn't get any replies where I posted it, so what the hell. I'm curious where he stands league wide.

How many centers are better than Larkin right now?

For reference,
#20 in goals
#23 in points
#8 in ToI/GP
#6 in "Clutch" according to NHL Players excelling in game-changing goals

Where would he be on your team if you got him?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
How he finishes this year will be telling. Very low end 1C before this year but he’s nearly ppg this year.

Time will tell.

Reactions: gwh

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Good, not great.

I think that's what Larkin is right now and will be going forward.

Just my opinion, i don't see a superstar in him for some reason.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
So who is doing the 1C role in Red wings then?
Cuz wings are not any pushovers atm...

The Wings are 40-48-15 over in the previous season and the start of this one (76 point pace over 82 games). They've had a great couple of weeks and I'm not trying to take that away from them or Larkin but let's be honest, they have not been a good team while he's been 1C.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
So who is doing the 1C role in Red wings then?
Cuz wings are not any pushovers atm...
No team can have success with Larkin as their 1c. I wish people would realize its 20 games. Pretty much every team is in the hunt. Come to me at game 50 when the standings open up. You're going to have to scroll to the bottom to find the Wings.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The Wings are 40-48-15 over in the previous season and the start of this one (76 point pace over 82 games). They've had a great couple of weeks and I'm not trying to take that away from them or Larkin but let's be honest, they have not been a good team while he's been 1C.
Do people believe the team having a poor record is due to Larkin being the 1C (or being slowly upgraded to the 1C) and not the roster as a whole being garbage?

How many impact players do you see on the Wings right now?

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Pseudo elite, who will often be called underrated for most of his career, but will never actually break into the top 10-15 centers minus one big season imo.

I like the Toews, Duchene, and Kesler comparisons in terms of level of impact. Good swiss army knife player, but not a 1c at this stage on a contending team unless the rest of the team is stacked

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I think he is in the category of Turris/Kadri/Duchene kind of centers. You probably don't want them as a #1 center, but they can play that role if needs be. A very strong #2 center if depth allows it. He is young enough that he could establish himself as a legit #1.

I mean at the age of 21 he already has a higher career high than Kadri and one point behind Turris.

Definitely looking like a #1C this season so far.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
I mean at the age of 21 he already has a higher career high than Kadri and one point behind Turris.

Definitely looking like a #1C this season so far.
.... Enjoyed your time on the simpsons.. Kadri has had a better career so far and Turris isn't a number 1 that Leeds you to the cup. Larsen isn't ether yet he might get there but he's not yet

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
.... Enjoyed your time on the simpsons.. Kadri has had a better career so far and Turris isn't a number 1 that Leeds you to the cup. Larsen isn't ether yet he might get there but he's not yet

The guy with 8 seasons has a better career than the guy with 3? Amazing take. It took Kardi 7 seasons to be a 60pt player.

Reactions: FMichael

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Lower end #1C. Kinda guy who is ideally on your 2nd line if you want to win. But if you surround him with good winger and a good d-corp, he can be the best C on a solid team.

Reactions: Thenameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->