How good is Larkin?

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, cause so many contenders have 22yo PPG Cs carrying a line offensively and defensively :laugh:

[mod] And he’s not PPG (not even this season right? I know he’s close)

Either way, it’s not a knock on him, he’s a great player. He’s a 2C on 20ish teams in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Would love him as 2C in Carolina between Svechnikov and Teravainen.

That said he is young and well rounded. He can be a 1C on a contender.

Reactions: Helistin

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
[mod] And he’s not PPG (not even this season right? I know he’s close)

Either way, it’s not a knock on him, he’s a great player. He’s a 2C on 20ish teams in the NHL.

Please name these twenty teams. I really don’t see it at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Larkin is just outside the top 20 in scoring for Centers, played less games then the majority of those centers, plays with less talent, and is also very responsible on both ends of the ice... He's a #1C ... And is continueing to push to the upper echelon if he keeps trending in the current direction.

Reactions: Sweet Leaf

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
Larkin is just outside the top 20 in scoring for Centers, played less games then the majority of those centers, plays with less talent, and is also very responsible on both ends of the ice... He's a #1C ... And is continueing to push to the upper echelon if he keeps trending in the current direction.
Not sure a lot of these posters watch him to realize what he is. I agree with you

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Maybe you're right. 15ish teams is probably more accurate. That being said, the other 15 teams aren't contenders.

I’m looking at the playoff teams in the league and I’d say he’s right there competing as the 1C or that team doesn’t skip a beat with him as the 1C on Calgary, Nashville, New York Islanders, San Jose, Columbus, Vegas, Carolina, St. Louis.

Yeah many teams that win have multiple elite centers like Crosby/Malkin, Datsyuk/Zetterberg. But teams can also win with the Toews, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Bergeron types and a solid 2C behind them. If we’re contending for a cup, Larkin is going to be the farthest thing from the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad