How does the D Corps get fixed?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Seems to me that when healthy we have Murray, Johnson, Savard and Gploubef, that is 4 solid d-men. I think Bodnarchuck has looked ok. So it is not like we have to start from scratch.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This year we've seen:
Murray
Johnson
Savard
Tyutin
Goloubef
Connauton
Prout
Falk
Bodnarchuk

That's 9 different defensemen each getting decent minutes. Every year there are opportunities usually because of injuries.

No need to open a hole just to see if someone will fill it. The holes will occur naturally.

True but you need someone(s) to go to improve the group from which to make call-ups.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This year we've seen:
Murray
Johnson
Savard
Tyutin
Goloubef
Connauton
Prout
Falk
Bodnarchuk

That's 9 different defensemen each getting decent minutes. Every year there are opportunities usually because of injuries.

No need to open a hole just to see if someone will fill it. The holes will occur naturally.
We basically need to push the entire lineup down a spot.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Seems to me that when healthy we have Murray, Johnson, Savard and Gploubef, that is 4 solid d-men. I think Bodnarchuck has looked ok. So it is not like we have to start from scratch.

The issue is that when you compare that to 1/2's around the league with elite teams, it's pretty poor. Murray isn't quite ready yet.

We, as a fan base, will, sadly, need to be patient.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The issue is that when you compare that to 1/2's around the league with elite teams, it's pretty poor. Murray isn't quite ready yet.

We, as a fan base, will, sadly, need to be patient.

I feel like hes going to be similar to Wennberg, where as the more he plays, even if it looks bad, hes just going to get better. In Murrays case he should be further ahead but due to his injuries hes probably right around where Wennberg is at in their development paths. If that makes sense.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We basically need to push the entire lineup down a spot.

I agree, as did May 29, 2015 me, following the Goloubef contract.

Still hoping for a solid top 4 addition, moving Connauton down into a 6-8 bunch with Cody and Prout. I don't know how the depth is handled from a waiver/NHL roster standpoint but that's what I hope.

OK sure, but those four are not a "top" four. You may not have to start from scratch but you do need to start from above and not below those four.

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Prout blows. He needs to go. J.J. this guy looks good at times then looks like a rookie at times. Surely they can find someone else cheaper and better

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Everyone is forgetting Vladislav Gavrikov. He was #1 defenseman at the WJC last year, just like Werenski and was team captain, just like Werenski nd is playing great in Russia this year. He's 20, 6'3'' 205 and can move bodies. He can be special. If HE pans out? Holy crap.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Everyone is forgetting Vladislav Gavrikov. He was #1 defenseman at the WJC last year, just like Werenski and was team captain, just like Werenski nd is playing great in Russia this year. He's 20, 6'3'' 205 and can move bodies. He can be special. If HE pans out? Holy crap.

If everyone pans out then maybe we can trade Seth Jones for a player like Ryan Johansen.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So when Cody came back we were basically forced to put Bodnarchuk on waivers

Does this mean Falk or Cotton has to go on waivers??????????????????????

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The best part of this trade is that it forces deadweight off the back end of the defense

Now its some combination of..

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Tyutin-Goloubef

Falk/Prout

If Goloubef turns out to be what he has been and Jones continues to develop I think we're looking rock solid on the right side. And if Werenski and Murray can push Johnson out of the top 4...this D is going to be deadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad