How does the D Corps get fixed?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I don't think you're going to like the responses you're going to get to this proposal...

I know you value Murray very high, but I assumed with the group you have, you'd be relatively content and survive trading Murray to get someone like Matthews or Laine. Could the deal be altered to include a Klefbom or Nurse if the guys added something as well?

Again this is specifically if you guys are picking around pick #4 and have missed on Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Hey guys, had a question.

Let's say the Oilers end up with pick 1-2 and you guys end up with pick 3-4. Would you be interested in something like:

CBJ 1st, Murray, Jenner

for

EDM 1st, Eberle, and a defenceman like Davidson or Schultz? You bolster your offence adding Matthews/Laine and Eberle while Edmonton bolsters their defence with Murray and Chychrun.

Would Edmonton need to add more?

I think the CBJ have shown they are committed to improving our blue line, so I doubt if we would move Murray. Who knows maybe the CBJ would fall in love with someone in the draft and make the deal (lord knows we've never really followed through with a plan before) but I would assume not.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think the CBJ have shown they are committed to improving our blue line, so I doubt if we would move Murray. Who knows maybe the CBJ would fall in love with someone in the draft and make the deal (lord knows we've never really followed through with a plan before) but I would assume not.

I thought Columbus was looking for an all star forward and were moreso content with the blueline after trading for Jones. Maybe I was wrong.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I know you value Murray very high, but I assumed with the group you have, you'd be relatively content and survive trading Murray to get someone like Matthews or Laine. Could the deal be altered to include a Klefbom or Nurse if the guys added something as well?

Again this is specifically if you guys are picking around pick #4 and have missed on Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi.

Murray will be part of our top pairing (with Jones) for hopefully the next 6 or 7 years. We have gotten to watch them for all of 10 games so far. No way I would break that up to move up a measly spot in the draft. And we're throwing in Jenner as well? A 20-goal/20-assist power forward who is 22?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Murray will be part of our top pairing (with Jones) for hopefully the next 6 or 7 years. We have gotten to watch them for all of 10 games so far. No way I would break that up to move up a measly spot in the draft. And we're throwing in Jenner as well? A 20-goal/20-assist power forward who is 22?

That's fine. I can see why you'd want to stick with Murray. Great player. Like I said I thought you guys were going to roll with Jones, Savard, Johnson for the next while and would look to ship out a D (Murray) to return an all star calibre forward (or two).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I'm the mad trader here so if you were picking 1st I'd consider it but not as you suggested. make it Hall and Nurse for Murray and Jenner and I'm in.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I'm the mad trader here so if you were picking 1st I'd consider it but not as you suggested. make it Hall and Nurse for Murray and Jenner and I'm in.

What if it was second overall? Is Matthews the only player you'd accept in this trade? What about Laine? I don't think we can trade Hall and Nurse for Murray and Jenner. I do think we can trade Matthews/Laine, Eberle, and a defenceman and maybe even some more picks for Murray, Jenner, and a lower quality player in this draft like Chychrun.

I'm basing it off this: Matthews/Laine > Murray in terms of star power which when I proposed this I was assuming was CBJ's biggest need. A star forward. I don't believe you could acquire a player of that calibre without trading Murray, and every cup winning team has 1-2 of them.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What if it was second overall? Is Matthews the only player you'd accept in this trade? What about Laine? I don't think we can trade Hall and Nurse for Murray and Jenner. I do think we can trade Matthews/Laine, Eberle, and a defenceman and maybe even some more picks for Murray, Jenner, and a lower quality player in this draft like Chychrun.

I'm basing it off this: Matthews/Laine > Murray in terms of star power which when I proposed this I was assuming was CBJ's biggest need. A star forward. I don't believe you could acquire a player of that calibre without trading Murray, and every cup winning team has 1-2 of them.

While I agree we need a "star" forward if its not Matthews I'm not giving up Murray unless I get Hall & Nurse. If we pick 2d or 3rd then we get our potential star anyway so not a lot of pressure on us to trade.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
4th overall, a top pairing defenseman, and one of the only bright spots we have at forward for Mathews and Eberle? Get outta town! That's atrocious for us. Our defense finally has potential, but without Murray it becomes a major weakness again. Screw that.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I thought Columbus was looking for an all star forward and were moreso content with the blueline after trading for Jones. Maybe I was wrong.

Fixing our blue line with the Jones trade is kind of contingent on having Murray there for the two of them to play together.

That said, Klefbom + Draisaitl + 1st OV, and I'd think about this trade; maybe..... eh, I dunno.

Jenner is likely a 50-55pt forward (C/LW) at his peak, but he brings a very Dubi presence to the game. Murray is pretty much a #2D, he just has to continue to show it. With where our team is, it's hard to want to give up those pieces for Mathews though he is flipping good. Hence, this ones going to be painful for the oilers.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Fixing our blue line with the Jones trade is kind of contingent on having Murray there for the two of them to play together.

That said, Klefbom + Draisaitl + 1st OV, and I'd think about this trade; maybe..... eh, I dunno.

Jenner is likely a 50-55pt forward (C/LW) at his peak, but he brings a very Dubi presence to the game. Murray is pretty much a #2D, he just has to continue to show it. With where our team is, it's hard to want to give up those pieces for Mathews though he is flipping good. Hence, this ones going to be painful for the oilers.

So you think Draisaitl, Matthews, and a player of similar skill to Murray for that package is fair?

If we call Klefbom and Murray a wash, you are proposing:

Draisaitl, Matthews for Jenner, Chychrun. I don't think I need to say anything more.

I don't want to start a fight here. What if we make a trade like Murray, the 1st, Rychel, and Jenner for Matthews/Laine, Klefbom, and Eberle?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Sorry guys, a little edit of this proposal:

Matthews, RNH, Klefbom

for

Murray, Chychrun, Jenner, Rychel

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sorry guys, a little edit of this proposal:

Matthews, RNH, Klefbom

for

Murray, Chychrun, Jenner, Rychel
That likely puts us over the cap.

Frankly, if we miss out on Matthews, I think our most likely and reasonable outcome is to shrug, say "Oh well", draft BPA, and move on.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
It's hilarious to me that in the "How does the D corps get fixed" thread, a discussion involving trading Ryan Murray is being held :shakehead

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That likely puts us over the cap.

Frankly, if we miss out on Matthews, I think our most likely and reasonable outcome is to shrug, say "Oh well", draft BPA, and move on.
This. /conversation. We're not rebuilding this team with giant trades of core players.

Also we don't NEED a #1C/pick to straighten the ship, so no were not giving up our top pair D man, top 6 50+ pt c/w JUST to move up a few spots.

If we're getting both picks it makes more sense (not gonna happen way too many unknowns) but still unlikely.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hey guys, had a question.

Let's say the Oilers end up with pick 1-2 and you guys end up with pick 3-4. Would you be interested in something like:

CBJ 1st, Murray, Jenner

for

EDM 1st, Eberle, and a defenceman like Davidson or Schultz? You bolster your offence adding Matthews/Laine and Eberle while Edmonton bolsters their defence with Murray and Chychrun.

Would Edmonton need to add more?

Totally the wrong thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad