How does the D Corps get fixed?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Counting on a 19 year old (Werenski next year), and two unproven 20 something year olds to save our defense. 'The good' old days have returned. :laugh:
Jones and Murray are both good enough that they represent a serious boost to our defense. The only question is whether or not either or both take that next step to be #1Ds, 'cause that's a position we need filled one way or the other. We have three shots at it (those two and Werenski), so there's a decent chance.

...I just wish we didn't have to lean on "decent chance" after trading Joey. :(

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jones and Murray are both good enough that they represent a serious boost to our defense. The only question is whether or not either or both take that next step to be #1Ds, 'cause that's a position we need filled one way or the other. We have three shots at it (those two and Werenski), so there's a decent chance.

...I just wish we didn't have to lean on "decent chance" after trading Joey. :(

This is the clip I tie to this trade, Johansen being the boat and Jones being the box. Jarmo/JD is Peter. Sure, the box could be awesome. But it could also be just 'good' or fine. Meanwhile the boat is a mostly known commodity that you know can only get better, and at minimum is a 60 point center.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

This is the clip I tie to this trade, Johansen being the boat and Jones being the box. Jarmo/JD is Peter. Sure, the box could be awesome. But it could also be just 'good' or fine. Meanwhile the boat is a mostly known commodity that you know can only get better, and at minimum is a 60 point center.

Really? Joey is a known commodity? I have to disagree with this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Really? Joey is a known commodity? I have to disagree with this.
He's well known. It's just that in this case some people have seen water on this metaphorical boat and are convinced it's sinking while others (including myself) are pointing out that it also happens to be raining.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
He's well known. It's just that in this case some people have seen water on this metaphorical boat and are convinced it's sinking while others (including myself) are pointing out that it also happens to be raining.

It seems to rain a lot on the SS Joey.

No way the boat is sinking though, maybe his bilge pump has a short in the wiring or something? He will be back, probably better than ever.

Metaphors are fun.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Ok, if it's a crappy boat with a hole in it that can't handle rough seas and wants to be paid like an ocean liner.

If Jarmo/JD thought Joey could only get better, they probably wouldn't have done this deal. And I agree with them, it can get worse with Joey.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Actually there is more than one "known" history with Johansen. There's at least 5 or 6 and most disagree on the details. I'm not sure your is any more or less accurate. Personally I think there's some truth in virtually every version I've heard.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Ok, if it's a crappy boat with a hole in it that can't handle rough seas and wants to be paid like an ocean liner.

If Jarmo/JD thought Joey could only get better, they probably wouldn't have done this deal. And I agree with them, it can get worse with Joey.

Well you know what they say about boats...

the best part of owning a boat is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Since we're going the metaphorical boat route.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Shattenkirk for Hartnell?

http://www.tsn.ca/mondaymustread-will-the-blues-move-shattenkirk-for-scoring-help-1.421109

Even cap hits. Hartnell has 2 years left; Shattenkirk one.

Would help balance the Jackets F-D cap imbalance.

Jackets D would be like Whoa!

JJ and Tyutin would be expendable

toss in the possibility of working a trade for Drouin around Savard and this makes all the sense in the world to me.

Hartnell has three years left, not two. And I suspect we'd have to add significantly. I sure as heck wouldn't propose it here; Blues fans would murder us all (he was in Johansen trade talks, for G-d's sake). If he's being disrespected that badly by the Blues org, tho... I dunno. It'd be damned nice, that's for sure. :)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Keeping Shattenkirk, Jenner, Murray, and Karlsson would be an unrealistic dream last this season

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Shattenkirk for Hartnell?

http://www.tsn.ca/mondaymustread-will-the-blues-move-shattenkirk-for-scoring-help-1.421109

Even cap hits. Hartnell has 2 years left; Shattenkirk one.

Would help balance the Jackets F-D cap imbalance.

Jackets D would be like Whoa!

JJ and Tyutin would be expendable

toss in the possibility of working a trade for Drouin around Savard and this makes all the sense in the world to me.

Shattenkirk's value far, far exceeds Hartnell.

I'd assume St. Louis would like a center so we could trade Anisimov, Letestu or Johansen.

Hartnell + Savard + Karlsson is probably the best we could reasonably offer, but I don't think they be too intrigued by that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hartnell has three years left, not two. And I suspect we'd have to add significantly. I sure as heck wouldn't propose it here; Blues fans would murder us all (he was in Johansen trade talks, for G-d's sake). If he's being disrespected that badly by the Blues org, tho... I dunno. It'd be damned nice, that's for sure. :)

Crap on the 3 years left - I thought it was only 2. If they are serious about trading Shattenkirk I would hope we would at least be talking regardless.

Hartnell plus for Shattenkirk plus. In the real world if they think they can't/won' resign Shattenkirk they may be willing to take less and no one is going to give up the farm for a guy one year away from UFA. I'd throw in some prospects/picks if necessary

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Crap on the 3 years left - I thought it was only 2. If they are serious about trading Shattenkirk I would hope we would at least be talking regardless.

Hartnell plus for Shattenkirk plus. In the real world if they think they can't/won' resign Shattenkirk they may be willing to take less and no one is going to give up the farm for a guy one year away from UFA. I'd throw in some prospects/picks if necessary

I imagine they kicked the tires on a deal involving Joey. I'm glad they went with Jones even though Shattenkirk is the better player right now. I don't want the uncertainty of trying to sign Shattenkirk over the next year.

Even though he has only 1 year left, he's going to be worth a lot to someone. I don't see a fit for what the CBJ could offer. Hartnell isn't going to cut it. If they were looking at a scoring winger to provide immediate help, they'd be asking about Saad.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

To get Shattenkirk; the player has to be young and I think they are looking for top six center help. Maybe you could start the conversation with Jenner. No idea if they would be interested and it doesn't help with our cap situation.

If you want to move Hartnell maybe you set your sights a little lower or maybe including Jenner starts the conversation.

For the record I'm not recommending any of this; than again I'm not saying don't do it either. You pull in Shatterkirk and you are looking at dumping JJ, Tyutin, and Savard. Shatterkirk, Jones, and Murray are going to take up more than enough cap space.

To be honest, I'm thinking that Foligno might get some interest from them.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I imagine they kicked the tires on a deal involving Joey. I'm glad they went with Jones even though Shattenkirk is the better player right now. I don't want the uncertainty of trying to sign Shattenkirk over the next year.

Even though he has only 1 year left, he's going to be worth a lot to someone. I don't see a fit for what the CBJ could offer. Hartnell isn't going to cut it. If they were looking at a scoring winger to provide immediate help, they'd be asking about Saad.

Friedman says that the Blues offered Shattenkirk for Johansen:

Elliotte Friedman: Rumored that the Blues offered Shattenkirk to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Ryan Johansen. Friedman thinks teams will be calling the Blues about Shattenkirk, asking if he’s available, and what it will take to get him.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/headlines-what-do-the-lightning-want-for-drouin/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad