How do we get rid of Bobrovsky?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if SJ would entertain the idea of Karlsson for Bob. I haven't seen Karlsson play in a while, but I've heard he has been dreadful.
I'm sure they would. Karlsson's contract is worse than Bob's and judging by the numbers, so is his performance.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The franchise has no choice but to play Bob, like it or lump it.

Yuup.

Wanna keep Bob as a starter? Keep playing him.
Wanna get rid off Bob asap? Keep playing him.
No team out there will become interested in Bob if he sits two out of three games.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The franchise has no choice but to play Bob, like it or lump it.
Is there a clause in his contract that dictate that he needs a certain % of starts? :laugh:
It's their choice to overplay him, it's silly to make excuses for poor play and poor decisions. It's no different than defending having Yandle with Ekblad on the first pairing to play against the toughest opponent because he's the second highest paid dman.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Is there a clause in his contract that dictate that he needs a certain % of starts? :laugh:
It's their choice to overplay him, it's silly to make excuses for poor play and poor decisions. It's no different than defending having Yandle with Ekblad on the first pairing to play against the toughest opponent because he's the second highest paid dman.

Nah, Yandle in the lineup in the first place is another venue for "excuses", and these excuses are again go back to cap mgmt. They just have to keep playing players who do not live up to their contracts because of their dollar amount. Buyout Bob and Yandle, maybe Connolly too, and let's see how Zito can assemble a competitive team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I read a funny News Thread with the upcoming expansion Draft where someone asked could Seattle a team that start with names, like Subban, Karlson and Bobrovsky and other high payed big names that doesnt connect with the current Team.
Also NHL Top 25 Goalies. judge over Bob is listed.

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
Could the Panthers actually give their $10M goalie a 30% share of the crease if Driedger keeps playing this well?

It's a PR nightmare, but it seems like Driedger has been the more reliable of the two.

It’s not a PR nightmare.

Pretty much every fan likes Driedger more than Bob. And every real fan understands that Zito wasn’t the one who gave Bobrovsky that contract anyway.

Also, there are no PR nightmares if the team keeps winning.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Who cares? We’re in a playoff spot, play the goalie that gives you the best chance to win at the moment.

And the opposite of that is to play the goalie that doesn't give the best chance to win when the team isn't in a playoff spot?

This Zito-dude cares about how the players are utilized. Just look at Matheson: he got benched and scratched for games but he still got to play regardless how badly he played in order to keep him marketable.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Driedger has probably played his way out of Florida, can't see them having the cap $$$ to resign him.

Agreed. ~$3mil for Driedger would make it so that the combined cap hit for goalies would reserve about 17% of the entire cap. Doesn't sound like mr. smart money Zito would opt for that kind of a route.

There's way to many backups/fringe NHL goalies in the FA market coupled with the fact that Monty and Bednard could be options as well at that time.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Agreed. ~$3mil for Driedger would make it so that the combined cap hit for goalies would reserve about 17% of the entire cap. Doesn't sound like mr. smart money Zito would opt for that kind of a route.

There's way to many backups/fringe NHL goalies in the FA market coupled with the fact that Monty and Bednard could be options as well at that time.

When he is that smart he take the only real option this Season, when our Main Goalie Continue to play like this and his stats in total are badder then a Back up Goalie.
I mean since Bobrovsky is here, he has to much up and downs for a Main Goalie. I mean from. .969 to 786 you find anything and last Season it was from Shutout to .571, sorry that is Philaelphia Bobrovsky.
Sure we are good now, but cap Situation it what it is. And then you must ask yourself if its worth to keep 10,6% on a up and down Goalie where you see no ongoing process from Season to Season.
And the Player infront of him getting better this Season.

Only option if he still is inconcistent as a Back Up Goalie strict Buy out.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If you considered the cap it would be obvious why

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
When he is that smart he take the only real option this Season, when our Main Goalie Continue to play like this and his stats in total are badder then a Back up Goalie.
I mean since Bobrovsky is here, he has to much up and downs for a Main Goalie. I mean from. .969 to 786 you find anything and last Season it was from Shutout to .571, sorry that is Philaelphia Bobrovsky.
Sure we are good now, but cap Situation it what it is. And then you must ask yourself if its worth to keep 10,6% on a up and down Goalie where you see no ongoing process from Season to Season.
And the Player infront of him getting better this Season.

Only option if he still is inconcistent as a Back Up Goalie strict Buy out.
PHI Bobrovsky? You mean Bryzgalov?

His cap hit is actually over 12% of the salary cap.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
PHI Bobrovsky? You mean Bryzgalov?

His cap hit is actually over 12% of the salary cap.

Bobrovsky was horrible in PHI he played there 2 Years, before he joined Columbus where his Number was raising.
2010-1122PHINHL54522813813015271397.9152.590301734.6546983.02.969.40222Calder-7
2011-1223PHINHL29251410278769691.8993.020155011.4405117-11.53.563.30000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
Crazy question.

Since we’re “stuck” with Bob, feeling ok with Driedger, and...who knows, maybe another goalie like Montembeault can step up and be good because goalies are weird that way (happened with Driedger)...

What if we can get a very good offensive player for Knight? Jack Eichel, maybe? Goalies are volatile as we’ve seen over the years. Heck, the last great goalie prospect we had (Markstrom) did nothing for us.

Adding another elite talent to the current team would be amazing.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Crazy question.

Since we’re “stuck” with Bob, feeling ok with Driedger, and...who knows, maybe another goalie like Montembeault can step up and be good because goalies are weird that way (happened with Driedger)...

What if we can get a very good offensive player for Knight? Jack Eichel, maybe? Goalies are volatile as we’ve seen over the years. Heck, the last great goalie prospect we had (Markstrom) did nothing for us.

Adding another elite talent to the current team would be amazing.
It would hurt but if they’re throwing Eichel around like that then I probably pull that trigger quite easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad