How do we get rid of Bobrovsky?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Crazy question.

Since we’re “stuck” with Bob, feeling ok with Driedger, and...who knows, maybe another goalie like Montembeault can step up and be good because goalies are weird that way (happened with Driedger)...

What if we can get a very good offensive player for Knight? Jack Eichel, maybe? Goalies are volatile as we’ve seen over the years. Heck, the last great goalie prospect we had (Markstrom) did nothing for us.

Adding another elite talent to the current team would be amazing.
teams don’t trade 24yr old star centerman under contract for goalie prospects. I’d do that in a heartbeat, love knights development but goalies are still unpredictable and you don’t need a world beater to win. If you get a player of that caliber for him you obviously do it, but they’d have to take salary back and they’d never do it in general anyways unfortunately

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
teams don’t trade 24yr old star centerman under contract for goalie prospects. I’d do that in a heartbeat, love knights development but goalies are still unpredictable and you don’t need a world beater to win. If you get a player of that caliber for him you obviously do it, but they’d have to take salary back and they’d never do it in general anyways unfortunately

I don’t think it would be a 1-for-1 trade. I meant including Knight in a trade package for a guy like Eichel.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Nah, Yandle in the lineup in the first place is another venue for "excuses", and these excuses are again go back to cap mgmt. They just have to keep playing players who do not live up to their contracts because of their dollar amount. Buyout Bob and Yandle, maybe Connolly too, and let's see how Zito can assemble a competitive team.
Yandle being 6th is fine, overplaying Yandle because of his salary was and would still be idiotic.

If you considered the cap it would be obvious why
Ego driven decision like you advocate for is how this loser franchise remains the laughing stock of the NHL. It's pathetic to give so much playing time to such a bad player, the Rangers didn't play Redden on the first pair because he was paid 6.5M. No, he was in the AHL because that's the level of play he was at. Decisions like these are why this franchise has been by far the worst in the league over the past 20 years.

Agreed. ~$3mil for Driedger would make it so that the combined cap hit for goalies would reserve about 17% of the entire cap. Doesn't sound like mr. smart money Zito would opt for that kind of a route.
There's way to many backups/fringe NHL goalies in the FA market coupled with the fact that Monty and Bednard could be options as well at that time.
I can't wait to roll in next season with Bob+Monty, we may break the record for goals against in a season :laugh:

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Bob with 3.05 GAA and .897 SVP in about 9 games...

If he gets a shutout of 30 saves in the next game... His stats would look like 2.74 GAA and .908 SVP !

Maybe not 10M good, but still much better than his last year !

Hope he can sustain the level of performance he showed in Dallas and in a couple of other games this year...

Maybe the beast is healing ! :)

Reactions: IceKitties

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He hasn't been bad at all this season. His numbers are more reflecting his play now. If not for a 6-5 otl collapse and a 6-1 drubbing by Tampa where his team hung him out to dry, he'd be above league average.
alas another example showing the problem with stat lumping

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
Is it possible to sell off portions of his contract for picks for example:

Florida gets: Detroit 7th in 2021
Detroit gets: Bob and Florida 2nd + 3rd 2021

Then they turn around and trade back only Detroit retains some salary.

Florida gets: Bob (minus $2 million retention)
Detroit gets: Detroit’s 7th in 2021 back

Basically sell picks for Bobs contract. Then do it again with another team. If we could do that and get Bob’s contract down to $6 that would help if no one wants to keep him.

It would take trust with the GMs because if Zito said no I changed my mind the other team would be screwed.

Reactions: harv33173

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Basically sell picks for Bobs contract. Then do it again with another team. If we could do that and get Bob’s contract down to $6 that would help if no one wants to keep him.

It would take trust with the GMs because if Zito said no I changed my mind the other team would be screwed.

That’s intriguing. Has anything like this ever happened before? Something tells me the league would step in and put a stop to it

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He hasn't been bad at all this season. His numbers are more reflecting his play now. If not for a 6-5 otl collapse and a 6-1 drubbing by Tampa where his team hung him out to dry, he'd be above league average.
If you take away the worst 20% of pretty much any goalie, they'll look decent enough.

You can't.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If you take away the worst 20% of pretty much any goalie, they'll look decent enough.

Lol horrible take.

Yes, if you take away all the games where his team played like clowns in front of him, he looks decent enough. Shocker.

Funny you say this on the night he single handedly got the Panthers a point.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Lol horrible take.

Yes, if you take away all the games where his team played like clowns in front of him, he looks decent enough. Shocker.

Funny you say this on the night he single handedly got the Panthers a point.

You could say that for any goaltender in the league pretty much. Newsflash, Bob is being paid to me a difference maker when we do play like clowns in front of him. He hasn't done it very often so far in his Panthers career.

So yeah, horrible take by you.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

He's had a couple of decent games. Incredible. Exciting that he is now above .900% from last season. What an achievement. Can't wait until he's above league average! A lot of the games he was bad actually. The continued excuses for this guy are mind-blowing.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You could say that for any goaltender in the league pretty much. Newsflash, Bob is being paid to me a difference maker when we do play like clowns in front of him. He hasn't done it very often so far in his Panthers career.

So yeah, horrible take by you.

If you guys keep getting hung up on his contract, you'll always be disappointed. Yeah, he isn't worth 10M. The sky is also blue.

Reactions: MaWa

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He's had a couple of decent games. Incredible. Exciting that he is now above .900% from last season. What an achievement. Can't wait until he's above league average! A lot of the games he was bad actually. The continued excuses for this guy are mind-blowing.

He's already above league average.

No, he's been pretty decent and consistent all season. A lot of posters here overreact to his goals allowed and just see what they want to see and whatever fits their narrative.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He's already above league average.

No, he's been pretty decent and consistent all season. A lot of posters here overreact to his goals allowed and just see what they want to see and whatever fits their narrative.

Pretty rich coming from you considering you stated just a couple of weeks ago how you purposely defend Bob to the extreme just for the sake of it. And he has not been decent and consistent all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad