How do we get rid of Bobrovsky?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He didn't, but that's beside the point of this thread.
If he played every game like tonight, he'd still be backup level and wouldn't block Knight in any way from taking over. The ball is truly in his hand with regards to how soon he's the starting goalie.
First of all, I meant to say “first” goal. Something happened on my phone, didn’t check what I typed.

Second of all, he played well last night. I know we’re not going to agree on this, but you and others insisting he sucked last night will continue to get my objection. I just can’t agree that the goals were on Bob, other than maybe the first.

And yes, I watched every second of the game. The difference is, I don’t have a blame Bob or defend Bob filter on immediately. The blame Bob side comes out of the woodwork as soon as there are 3 goals or more allowed, but they don’t always seem to have facts on their side. Bob has played like a bad backup this season. Last night was not one of those times.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
He's crippling us out of 7 to 8M dollar. You pretending that couldn't be use for a good player is ridiculous.
are you suggesting if we could, we should replace him with 2-3m net minder? that's nonsense really..

cmon now-don't exaggerate numbers to prove your point, it undermines credibility. if we didn't sign him we would be paying someone else (lehner, varlamov) 6-7m so this argument comes across as disingenuous.

3-4m could get you a nice roster piece, especially now.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Which starting goalie in UFA was signed for 2-3 million that season?

Only Lehner, but he sucks this season, definitely worse than Bob. He only would have been an upgrade last season. And not jumping to any conclusions yet, but he's not playing for them, not on ir or ltir, and came to camp 50 lbs overweight, with a history of substance abuse. Him and S.Florida would have been a disaster in all likelihood.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Only Lehner, but he sucks this season, definitely worse than Bob. He only would have been an upgrade last season. And not jumping to any conclusions yet, but he's not playing for them, not on ir or ltir, and came to camp 50 lbs overweight, with a history of substance abuse. Him and S.Florida would have been a disaster in all likelihood.
Pretty sure he is getting 5+

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

The overweight thing is a rumor. None of us know the validity of it. What is known is that Lehner had postseason surgery. I personally think his performance early this season was due to surgery, not weight gain, but that's as much conjecture as running with the 50 pound story is.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Pretty sure he is getting 5+

Robin Lehner - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The overweight thing is a rumor. None of us know the validity of it. What is known is that Lehner had postseason surgery. I personally think his performance early this season was due to surgery, not weight gain, but that's as much conjecture as running with the 50 pound story is.

Why isnt he on ir?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Cannot defend his contract, but he was far and away the best goalie on the market, and we just had a season where the fans were sure it was the goaltending that was still the main issue.

Dale in UFA, no one can defend his batting average. It was a bad contract from the moment it was signed. Check the threads in here no one called it a good contract, but that also doesnt preclude Bob from having some value, he is not worse than a 2-3 million tender, lol.

The D has been a problem for years, too much imbalance which we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel this season, but they still have nights like last night just fewer of them than previous years. Offensively we have been good enough for 3-4 years now.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Why isnt he on ir?

He is on IR. He wasn't at the beginning of the season. Maybe he felt he could fight through minor issues and perform, most athletes do, even to the point of failure. We don't know if he's on IR now because of a new injury or because trainers and doctors realized he needed time to heal. The secretive nature of the NHL precludes us from ever knowing. Another rumor (that's all we ever get) is that this is a back injury.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He is now, but last season he signed with Chicago for 1M. But even that was more as a 1B role.

He started on a tear, and then the team abandoned him for some reason. To the point of trading him for Malcolm Subban and a 2nd.

Malcolm.

Subban.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I never said it couldn't be used for a good player. It can. Nice strawman.
You say stuff like that though; The worst that happens is Horny or Gudas doesn't get extended.
Which is blatantly false unless you don't think that missing out on a top flight player like Pietro to be worst that not re-signing Gudas.

are you suggesting if we could, we should replace him with 2-3m net minder? that's nonsense really..
cmon now-don't exaggerate numbers to prove your point, it undermines credibility. if we didn't sign him we would be paying someone else (lehner, varlamov) 6-7m so this argument comes across as disingenuous.
3-4m could get you a nice roster piece, especially now.
If we could we should replace him with anyone not name Carey Price, but that's not the point I was making.

That's the amount he's overpaid by (and probably more than that), not the amount we could have theoretically have if we had brought somebody else. It was said that the worst thing this overpayment does is maybe prevent us from re-signing two players we shouldn't worry about re-signing. I disagree, I think we can be more imaginative in what we could get with 7 or 8M.

Reactions: I am not exposed

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
First of all, I meant to say “first” goal. Something happened on my phone, didn’t check what I typed.

Second of all, he played well last night. I know we’re not going to agree on this, but you and others insisting he sucked last night will continue to get my objection. I just can’t agree that the goals were on Bob, other than maybe the first.

And yes, I watched every second of the game. The difference is, I don’t have a blame Bob or defend Bob filter on immediately. The blame Bob side comes out of the woodwork as soon as there are 3 goals or more allowed, but they don’t always seem to have facts on their side. Bob has played like a bad backup this season. Last night was not one of those times.
I don't blame him for the sake of blaming him, I blame him when his play deserves it, and it did.

My standard for a starting goalie is higher than; if you don't give up 2 bad goals = you are playing well. Maybe my standard is too high, but it is what it is. I believe that NHL starters have to make tough saves from time to time and that if you let in a soft one, you need a few steals for you to be having a good game.

I think dreadclaw said it best, if you take away 20% of his start this season, he gives the team a decent enough chance to win in those games. This season he's playing like a mediocre backup, which is a marked improved over how he played last season.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You say stuff like that though; The worst that happens is Horny or Gudas doesn't get extended.
Which is blatantly false unless you don't think that missing out on a top flight player like Pietro to be worst that not re-signing Gudas.

First of all, Petro has to want to come here. Vegas has a much stronger rep of being a winner, and even though we all hoped here Florida would be good this season, nobody knew for sure. Supposedly his wife had a big say in where they ended up too. I dont think Florida was a ever a strong consideration in his mind.

Petro would be nice to have obviously but not having him doesnt cripple us, and that's all I ever said. I said Bob being here three more years doesn't cripple us. You keep trying to put words in my mouth and move goalposts.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don't blame him for the sake of blaming him, I blame him when his play deserves it, and it did.

My standard for a starting goalie is higher than; if you don't give up 2 bad goals = you are playing well. Maybe my standard is too high, but it is what it is. I believe that NHL starters have to make tough saves from time to time and that if you let in a soft one, you need a few steals for you to be having a good game.

I think dreadclaw said it best, if you take away 20% of his start this season, he gives the team a decent enough chance to win in those games. This season he's playing like a mediocre backup, which is a marked improved over how he played last season.
Complete bull take but whatever. Can’t stop you.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Everyone's in agreement that Bob hasn't fulfilled his end of the contract agreement as far as earning the $10 mil. Would there be a way for the Panthers and Bob to re-structure his contract to be fair to Bob and keep the Panthers out of cap hell? Yeah, Bob probably says screw off, but it's not completely foreign in pro sports. Brady did it with the Patriots.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida

If we could we should replace him with anyone not name Carey Price, but that's not the point I was making.

That's the amount he's overpaid by (and probably more than that), not the amount we could have theoretically have if we had brought somebody else. It was said that the worst thing this overpayment does is maybe prevent us from re-signing two players we shouldn't worry about re-signing. I disagree, I think we can be more imaginative in what we could get with 7 or 8M.
The amount he is overpaid by is irrelevant, unless you want to trade him then you better believe you have to give something important up. you never get back the amount you overpay for something the same way you reap the benefit of signing ekblad for 8 years. We had a set of options when he was signed, and signing a 1A for 2+3m was not realistically one of them if you are DT. Your point is moot.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Dales plan was the worst kept secret of the offseason, he dumped a 4 million dollar tender in Reimer, and was going after a top starter, but it was literally us and the Islanders that needed a goalie and I think we can all agree Dale bent over hard.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

Nashville announcers bashing Bob for diving when Forsberg tripped him from behind.

They have a point but the homerism towards their own team is unbearable. Glad that our announcers are quite decent at remaining objective...

Bob had a good game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad