Post-Game Talk: His name is Jeff!! Habs win 3-2 in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
70 games of data that says we're a bottom 10 team that should be picking 9th. Mickey mouse best of 5 when everyone comes back ice cold and we could pick 16th. Just an unbelievable ability for this team to constantly take the most mediocre course possible.

In positivity mode Suzuki was incredible. Will be an absolute treat to watch him play for the Habs. I always liked him as a middle six scoring winger prospect but was skeptical of the size/pace at center. He's absolutely demolished all my expectations, fantastic game from him. Great to see KK get a goal even if it was garbage, he looks much better fresh and stronger.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I had fun tonight because I was extremely calm. Usually I'm seriously intense during Habs games, but I figured they'd lose, so just sat back to watch and enjoy Suzuki and KK.

It's ok if KK ends up as a #2 because Suzuki is already a #1. What a hockey player! Love that kid.

The big 3 on D were solid and Price was a wall. Penalty killing team came through big time, but we can't keep giving Pens 7 PPs a game.

PP was awful but at least it didn't give up a goal, so that was something.

Drouin had a nightmare of a game. That penalty shot was brutal.

Pens need to play a lot better. Got off to a fast start but sucked the rest of the way.
Was a great game, TWO penalty shots lol man oh man

Just happy hockey's back

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
70 games of data that says we're a bottom 10 team that should be picking 9th. Mickey mouse best of 5 when everyone comes back ice cold and we could pick 16th. Just an unbelievable ability for this team to constantly take the most mediocre course possible.

In positivity mode Suzuki was incredible. Will be an absolute treat to watch him play for the Habs. I always liked him as a middle six scoring winger prospect but was skeptical of the size/pace at center. He's absolutely demolished all my expectations, fantastic game from him. Great to see KK get a goal even if it was garbage, he looks much better fresh and stronger.
Sounds like the typical habs fan luck in the last 30 years.
A whole of nothing.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
No real softies on Murray's part tonight, but wouldn't be surprised at all to see them shake things up for game 2 and go with jarry.

He didn't let softies in but he had a hard time controlling the puck near him, was often out of position and stance. He gave away so many rebounds too. On the other end of the ice, Price was calming the play everytime the puck came near him. Day and Night literally

Reactions: Rapala

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah much better to win a meaningless play-in and lose in the real 1st round while at the same time screwing us out of a decent shot at Lafren or a top 10 pick in a strong draft. It must be easy to act passionate about a team that made these "playoffs" on the back of a technicality when in reality the team should still be adding top prospects. The excellent play of Suzuki shouldn't serve to prove that "anything can happen" during a tournament but of the value of drafting/acquiring solid top 10 picks. I want multiple Suzukis, don't you?

LOL! It may be meaningless to you but it sure as hell wasn't meaningless to the two teams who played that game. Games like these are great for Suzuki's and KK's development. Do you realize how low a 1 in 8 chance is? Probably not.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
LOL! It may be meaningless to you but it sure as hell wasn't meaningless to the two teams who played that game. Games like these are great for Suzuki's and KK's development. Do you realize how low a 1 in 8 chance is? Probably not.

1 in 8 chance is actually very good in terms of statistics...But sure keep being condescending as if fans of long term success aren't real fans because they don't act on basic impulse and myopia. I like that you conveniently ignore the 7 out of 8 chance at a top 9 pick...As if that doesn't count as much (or more) than the experience of one play-in round. One of the youngest teams in the league with horrible season records shouldn't be chasing delusions of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad