Post-Game Talk: His name is Jeff!! Habs win 3-2 in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
12.5% chance to get Laffy or beat the Penguins? Sorry people, I've done a complete 180 and I'm gonna have to go with beating the Pens. Watching Crosby getting frustrated is priceless!! GO HABS GO!!!

it's not only 12.5% to get Lafreniere, there's a SIGNIFICANT drop between 9 and 15, even 9 and 10. I can't wrap my head around the people who'd rather win the play ins and get stomped in the playoffs then get a top 6 player that can help this for several years and actually having a chance to get out of this mediocrity we've been stuck in for so long. it's like people are so use to it, they don't care. they would rather watch an other week of hockey rather than wait and actually watch legit hockey for years. it's crazy how a single draft pick could equilibrate this team.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I feel so weird right now.. im pumped we won.. but i dont want to win.. unless id be 100% guarantee we miss out on Laffy and Leafs and Pens dont win the lottery.

F..k the league to put us in this situation.
Yes the odds were low for that to happen but they still should have put out a system in which the first pick team is already selected before the play-in.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He didn't let softies in but he had a hard time controlling the puck near him, was often out of position and stance. He gave away so many rebounds too. On the other end of the ice, Price was calming the play everytime the puck came near him. Day and Night literally

Price kinda turned back the clock with his performance tonight. He was very tidy.

This is how I normally see Murray in net though. Its usually not tidy or pretty wih him. He's a very hot and cold goalie.

Reactions: ArtPeur

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it's not only 12.5% to get Lafreniere, there's a SIGNIFICAN drop between 9 and 15, even 9 and 10. I can't wrap my head around the people who'd rather win the play ins and get stomped in the playoffs then get a top 6 players that can help this for several years and actually having a chance to get out of this mediocrity we've been stuck in for so long. it's like people are so use to it, they don't care. they would rather watch an other week of hockey rather than wait and actually watch legit hockey for years. it's crazy how a single draft pick could equilibrate this team.
100%. i'm just hoping suzuki and KK take the next step and claude plays evans, poehling and fleury

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I will try to stay calm over this win. After all reasonably, I think 1 win was expected right?

I just wish it wasn’t the first game because now we have a little bit of momentum.

Anyways, it was a fun game to watch. If we win Game 2 tho I will start freaking out.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A some point in OT, Suzuki was the leading ice getter of all habs forwards. I'm not sure if it finished this way too., but not an easy task for a young guy to gain so much trust from Julien.

Reactions: Habs Icing

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
pens should feel shame losing to a team that had AHLers Ouellet and Weise playing. Price and Suzuki were great, but if the top line can't produce I don't see us winning the series hopefully. That said since it would make so much sense to lose we will win and MB will be gloating over his shit team and how anything can happen. Drouin looked like shit, 2nd highest paid forward, what a cream puff.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
100%. i'm just hoping suzuki and KK take the next step and claude plays evans, poehling and fleury

This win was more than enough experience to me. i'd rather not play evans and fleury they would both be upgrade over Ouelette and Weal. this short experience won't magically turn everyone into super stars. Having an other legit player top 6 player would do better for their developpement than 3 summer hockey game where everyone is rusty.

Reactions: MisterY and Rozz

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Drafting 1st or 9th overall doesn't guarantee you anything either.

No scenario is a guarantee, stop mentioning this non sense. It's the worst kind of straw man as it makes it sound like the scenario you're presenting is a guarantee (when if anything your scenario has the lowest of odds).

Reactions: Habs Icing and Rozz

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
10% chance at even odds to get Lafreniere vs. 6.25% to get the cup if we beat Pitts where we're the underdog.

I'd rather take my chances on Lafreniere but I wont get involved in the next 3 games... let's see what happens. Call me a phoney if you want to.

Reactions: Habs Icing

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
it's not only 12.5% to get Lafreniere, there's a SIGNIFICANT drop between 9 and 15, even 9 and 10. I can't wrap my head around the people who'd rather win the play ins and get stomped in the playoffs then get a top 6 player that can help this for several years and actually having a chance to get out of this mediocrity we've been stuck in for so long. it's like people are so use to it, they don't care. they would rather watch an other week of hockey rather than wait and actually watch legit hockey for years. it's crazy how a single draft pick could equilibrate this team.

Classic short term vs long term thinking.
There's even less of an insentive for the short term this year. There is no excitement for these playoffs. No fans in the arenas. A long run which in normal years would have eased the loss of a high draft pick means nothing here.

Reactions: Gravity and HOPE

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
this is f***ing ridiculous, I'm already trying to figure out how bargain-bin can package:( all our 2nds and our first to move into the top 10

This would so be our luck and MB thing ....

Beat the Pens ... Lose Rnd 1 of playoffs . MB Trades all of our extra 2nd and 3rds to jump back into top 10 lololol This would be so sad :(:):)(

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If we beat the pens I guarantee we are going at minimum to the eastern conference finals. Why? Because it is so Habs to do that, these scrappy f***ing idiots. Plus of course they will go far in the playoffs in a year where I have season tickets but no games are played in the Bell Center.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I will try to stay calm over this win. After all reasonably, I think 1 win expected right?

I just wish it wasn’t the first game because now we have a little bit of momentum.

Anyways, it was a fun game to watch. If we win Game 2 tho I will start freaking out.
Except Pittsburgh don't look particularly organized. Crosby, Guentzel and Malkin all off their top games. A short series can catch them out big time. I couldn't believe seeing the Pens ice the puck so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille