Post-Game Talk: His name is Jeff!! Habs win 3-2 in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
A some point in OT, Suzuki was the leading ice getter of all habs forwards. I'm not sure if it finished this way too., but not an easy task for a young guy to gain so much trust from Julien.

He did such a good job on that long 5on3 as well.

The lone forward, on a 5 on 3, against Malkin/Crosby both, during the playoffs, in your rookie year. And he killed it!

Reactions: 417 and Rozz

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Sounds like the typical habs fan luck in the last 30 years.
A whole of nothing.

I'm not a big believer in the supernatural but the forum curse lives on...What are the odds of having a special scenario where all the other bad teams don't get the 1st overall and Habs would be eligible with a loss in the play-in and a local superstar is available...It seems almost picture perfect but in reality we know what we are going to get out of all of this...Royally screwed.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
It is very interesting to see your team play hard and win, even though you want them to win the 1st overall. They played well tonight. There were some heart in the throat moments, at both ends of the ice. I only tuned in for overtime, but it was entertaining. Go boys. I want you to win every game, but if we get a top pick, I don't mind if we don't win this series. Penguin spoilers?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well... gotta give the boys credit for a strong, disciplined game. They earned this. Lucky for the Habs, Malkin didn't show up. We tend to cover Crosby very well, but nobody can shut down Malkin when he's on fire.

When the game started I told my wife, "Just let Kotkaniemi and Suzuki have good games and I'll be happy". Serves me right for not being more precise.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Well... gotta give the boys credit for a strong, disciplined game. They earned this. Lucky for the Habs, Malkin didn't show up. We tend to cover Crosby very well, but nobody can shut down Malkin when he's on fire.

When the game started I told my wife, "Just let Kotkaniemi and Suzuki have good games and I'll be happy". Serves me right for not being more precise.
''Disciplined'' you sure :sarcasm:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
1 in 8 chance is actually very good in terms of statistics...But sure keep being condescending as if fans of long term success aren't real fans because they don't act on basic impulse and myopia. I like that you conveniently ignore the 7 out of 8 chance at a top 9 pick...As if that doesn't count as much (or more) than the experience of one play-in round. One of the youngest teams in the league with horrible season records shouldn't be chasing delusions of grandeur.

LOL! Please stop it! That means 7 in 8 chance that it ain't happening.

Top 9 pick? You just asked me before if I want more Suzuki's. Suzuki went #13.

As far as being condescending, I was just agreeing with another poster that these games are great for our kids before you sounded off with an angry post. I'm sorry that you get so upset when your team wins a post-season game.

Last edited:
Reactions: tazsub3

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Go back and look at my posts, I said Suzuki would end the year top center. It's been a weird ass ride but I was correct! He is our best center.
I was sold on him very quickly also. The day I changed my Avatar. Doug Gilmore 2.0 in the making.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
it's not only 12.5% to get Lafreniere, there's a SIGNIFICANT drop between 9 and 15, even 9 and 10. I can't wrap my head around the people who'd rather win the play ins and get stomped in the playoffs then get a top 6 player that can help this for several years and actually having a chance to get out of this mediocrity we've been stuck in for so long. it's like people are so use to it, they don't care. they would rather watch an other week of hockey rather than wait and actually watch legit hockey for years. it's crazy how a single draft pick could equilibrate this team.
To each his own. I don't necessarily agree that by winning the play ins you'll get stomped in the playoffs. There are worse teams than the Penguins like Columbus, Leafs, Hurricanes Rangers, Islanders etc that can make it through. The Pens had 86 points, beating them is no easy feat.

Last edited:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
If we beat the pens I guarantee we are going at minimum to the eastern conference finals. Why? Because it is so Habs to do that, these scrappy f***ing idiots. Plus of course they will go far in the playoffs in a year where I have season tickets but no games are played in the Bell Center.
This short series, with both teams out of their groove, has a way of reducing the effect of the talent disparity between the two teams, and Price's play has also negated the shrunken difference that remains. This, plus a bit of randomness that we get with a best 3 of 5, may be enough to tip the scales, especially if the confidence of the Habs players builds. Beating a top team like the Pens could give our guys some mojo.
maxresdefault.jpg

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yup! Suzuki w

LOL! Please stop it! That means 7 in 8 chance that it ain't happening.

Top 9 pick? You just asked me before if I want more Suzuki's. Suzuki went #13.

As far as being condescending, I was just agreeing with another poster that these games are great for our kids before you sounded off with an angry post. I'm sorry that you get so upset when your team wins a post-season game.

When did we win a post season game? This a 5 game play-in round which resembles an exhibition more than playoffs. Stop pretending like we deserved to be here and gaslighting my posts...This team was collectively bad all season, adding more top picks is rarely a bad thing. I can't be happy with a 1200 stimulus check if I don't have a job lined up in the near future. Short term success will only impede our long term goals, unless we are trying to emulate the exceptional cases rather than the most commom scenarios of success.

Reactions: habsfan891

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
When did we win a post season game? This a 5 game play-in round which resembles an exhibition more than a playoff game. Stop pretending like we deserved to be here and gaslighting my posts...This team was collectively bad all season, adding more top picks is rarely a bad thing. I can't be happy with a 1200 stimulus check if I don't have a job lined up in the near future.
Even if habs were to beat Pittsburgh , i still dont put habs as in the playoffs.
still missed the playoffs 5 years in the last 6.

Pittsburgh is literally the best ''top team'' we could have played against.
They have terrible goalies , overrated D squad with Jack f***ing Johnson and im sorry but Brian Rust is not a top 6 forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad