Post-Game Talk: His name is Jeff!! Habs win 3-2 in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Yet how you teach those young guys already on the team to win, if you dont push them to win whatever format or challenge presented.
You cant be sad our potential next top center in suzuka was lights out and helped us win do you? what should they tell him, dont play hard, we need to have a chance at 1st overall??

Personally I want every player to do great and play their hearts out. I want this team to push it the game 5 but ultimately lose... but just barely.

This will be great development for the youth as It will let them hold their heads up high while driving them and pushing them to do better and try harder.

Never ask players to do anything but give it their all.

Leave the coach and GM to get their hands dirty and make the tough/ "bad" decisions that will ultimately set us up for the future... I know that's putting alot of trust in a couple of guys that many dont trust or have concerns about, and rightfully so. But that's what they're there for. To do what's best for the club now and the future.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I know we're comparing the crumbs at the bottom of the cookie jar and it matters little, but if you follow their progression from their draft year on, Weal has outscored Hudon at just about every level. The only exceptions being their 20 year old AHL rookie year and the 23 year NHL rookie year.

I mean Weals ahl production is better than what Danault, Armia, Byron, Gallagher, Tatar, etc. did when they were in the ahl, yet those players are all superior offensively in the nhl.

The eye test shows that Hudon can offer a lot more offensively than Weal. I would scratch Weise before Weal though.

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I also am not sure what most people are talking about...
Malkin seemed like the most dangerous penguin out there for most of the game...in fact it was down right scary at times how much he had his way with us early

People just view games differently, learned that a loooong time ago
I think the issue is people evaluate player based on either 1) expectation or 2) based on how above average players play. Malkin could have been better, sure. But after 2 periods, guy had like a 85% xGF%, which is insane. It dropped as the Habs starting getting some control back, but still not enough to state he had a bad game overall.

Reactions: Redux91

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
What do I love best about this win?

The kids started it, the vets/core ended it. Both of them got it done.

Also I loved how accurate our shooting was, especially in contrast to how atrocious Malkin and co. were doing. (I'm sure they'll be much better in Game 2)

Reactions: jaffy27 and Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yet how you teach those young guys already on the team to win, if you dont push them to win whatever format or challenge presented.
You cant be sad our potential next top center in suzuka was lights out and helped us win do you? what should they tell him, dont play hard, we need to have a chance at 1st overall??

Suzuki is where he is at for three reasons 1 talent 2 ice time 3 coach's confidence.
The participation while good has zip all to do with it until we have a team able to compete with the top tiers.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There will be no you aren't a true fan, I want the team to lose or win bullshit. Everyone is free to root for the Habs to win, if you don't want the Habs to win it's your right but keep it out of the GDT, PGT, talk.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad