Post-Game Talk: His name is Jeff!! Habs win 3-2 in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I am onboard with the losing plan. Still, it was fun to see MTL win this game. In theory, I know what is best to happen, but I still always prefer watching a win.

Also, I believe it's good for the team to try hard. Would Romanov be thrilled to watch a bunch of losers who won't play hard knowing he will join them soon? KK and Suz need to play well and experience tight checking situations and battle hard. Check, check and check for both those guys tonight.

I'm okay with losing in 4 or 5 now.

A couple of post-season series would do wonders for our kids. A 12.5% chance at Laffy certainly doesn't get me excited...that's a glass that's 87.5% empty.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Big fan of XO from his days in Detroit.
Nice to see him playing and doing so well on the PK. He got outmuscled by Crosby on the Pens' first goal, but I thought he played well.
Tatar was good all night too.
And, since I'm talking about Detroit, how about Dan Petry's son?
Are you shitting me?
Ouellet was awful all game.
Worst hab by a mile.

If he never sees the ice again it will be too soon

Aug 25, 2009
éal
-Suzuki was our best forward.
-Price was really good
-Kulak was surprisingly good
-JD ps attempt was hlarious.
-Lehkonen is still useless
-Weal is still Weal. He can be decent until he makes a pee-wee pass attempt that makes you question his intelligence.

I must admit that after 2 periods, the game got the best of me and I started cheering for the team (I almost feel dirty for it).

The lack of a crowd did not bother me as much I thought.

how can anyone call lehkonen useless after his penalty killing tonight?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am super happy they won! And it was an exciting game actually. But...

Next game I don't want to see
Drouin
Danno
Byron
Omlet
Weise

They were absolutely brutal. beyond brutal!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I agree with everyone except Danault, I thought his game was meh, too many penalties and didnt create any offense. He was good defensively. I'd rate it 6.5/10.
Danault was awesome defensively. He set up Gally early on but BG whiffed it. He took a lot of penalties, but that last one shouldn't have been called.

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Price showed up.

Suzuki was incredible. Even if he didn't score he seemed like the best skater out there.

Drouin... One game, but this guy was terrible.

Habs should try Evans, Poehling, or even Hudon over Weise.

Evan's should be fine out there.

Plus it would be good for him to get the experience.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Now next game:
Weise/Ouelet OUT
Evans or Poeheling / Feury or Folin IN
Drouin on the 4th
Domi on Suzuki line
Mete on LD
gnight.
I agree. In a series like this you need to play the young guys with stamina. Pens looked tired.

Reactions: Holystik

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
This game gave me hope regarding our young players. They acquitted themselves well in their respective roles and it showed that they will be quality players in a couple of years. Would have liked to have seen Romanov instead of the dumpster fire that was Ouellet but what can you do.

We just need to keep adding more depth and talent in the prospect pool at the draft, acquire more talent on the cheap given the flat cap and then maybe make a beneficial trade or two to round-out the team. In 2-3 years we could have a genuine good team on our hands if Weber, Petry and Price haven't declined too much.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Never underestimate the Habs to do whatever they can to be mediocre for the rest of our lives.

I dont know what deity I f***ing pissed off to curse this team this way, but f*** me.

this, this, this and this.

if Montreal passes the play ins i'm legit not watching the playoff run, it's gonna relevant hockey so of course their gonna suck and get stomped, but hey! We made the playoffs, who needs a legit draft pick?

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I am simultaneously mad and happy... mappy if you will....

I for see being mappy alot this series.

But seeing gally explode with excitement and the kids do great. Price looking to be locking into God mode.... f*** it ... good job boys you deserve this win.

Now no more pls

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Price showed up.

Suzuki was incredible. Even if he didn't score he seemed like the best skater out there.

Drouin... One game, but this guy was terrible.

Habs should try Evans, Poehling, or even Hudon over Weise.

Drouin looked a little nervous.

He's not at all a core player, but still an x-factor type of player. At any moment he could break out.

Reactions: Joe Malone

goldRIVER

Sep 21, 2017
Danault was awesome defensively. He set up Gally early on but BG whiffed it. He took a lot of penalties, but that last one shouldn't have been called.
Yeah the last penalty shouldn't have been called but I'm expecting a bit more from our #1 center :)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Again, we are an awful team.....but that matchup is the best we could have gotten. Not saying we'll win....but Pens are really the only team we have a shot against.
Yup the take I posted the other day. The Leafs against Columbus probably their worst nightmare. :D
Habs draw the Pens the only team we have a sliver of a hope against. Can you imagine Toronto Pittsburgh and Edmonton all with a shot at Laf.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad