HFWF OT X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's the standard practise, sure

But when your own GM comes out earlier in the offseason after landing the biggest fish in free agency, and more or less guarantees that the key cogs (Matthews, Marner, Nylander) will remain intact and signed, perhaps it sends the wrong message to suddenly get frustrated and jettison one of them into the sun the way Shanahan just did. :laugh:

I don't think he jettison'd him at all. He also said they love Willy, think he's a great player, and want him to be apart of this team for the long haul.

However I think this was a clear message, not even to William himself, but to Michael Nylander and Lewis Gross that they aren't going to jeopordize their plan and structure they have to overpay a player.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think it was fantasy thinking to think ALL of their young players would take pay cuts and buy in. I saw some hoping he’d sign 8x6.5 for example and Matthews, Marner and Nylander would take pay cuts to make it work. The only one I can see taking a pay cut is Marner because he grew up a Leafs fan. I never bought for a second Matthews and Nylander would take pay cuts to make it work, and I wonder if Nylander is traded for a RHD instead at this rate.

Also, Wilson at 20 games. Good. f*** Wilson.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Sportsnet app seriously gave me a push notification for Matthew's scoring a goal ?

This is what makes Toronto so insufferable.

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Sportsnet app seriously gave me a push notification for Matthew's scoring a goal ?

This is what makes Toronto so insufferable.

Roman Reigns of the NHL

Apart from the titles of course

Reactions: Serac

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
This "national" broadcast is so damn terrible they're all over the Leafs jocks. :laugh:

Gonna turn it off soon.

I was annoyed when I got a notification for the Carrick trade yet none of the other minuscule moves that day.

A push notification for an Austin Matthew's goal is just on ridiculous levels though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Push notification about a great goal by Matthews?

“Oh my god so dumb, blah blah blah”

Push Notification about a great goal by any non leaf or in spots in general?

*Crickets*

You guys get angry over nothing.

Reactions: Max Money

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I've had 0 push notifications from any other game that has been going on today except for the leafs and Habs game, in where I have had two notifications.

They were both about leafs goals. If you're going to do notifications about every damn thing, then do it equally.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Leafs were complete trash tonight and still win. Can't wait until they actually click.

Also, Matthews' line was trash, still he got 2 goals. GOAT. He's truly THE GUY.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Montreal reminds me of the Leafs of a few seasons ago.

Good speed. Great effort. Results in a lot of shots but you never really feel under a huge threat because barely any of them can finish.

They certainly played better than expected though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I made a thread saying I wouldn’t be surprised if Matthews won the Hart, Art Ross and the Richard and it got deleted.

Yet someone makes a thread saying they wouldn’t be surprised if Kuznetsov won the Art Ross and it’s fine.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I made a thread saying I wouldn’t be surprised if Matthews won the Hart, Art Ross and the Richard and it got deleted.

Yet someone makes a thread saying they wouldn’t be surprised if Kuznetsov won the Art Ross and it’s fine.

I love how the people whining didn't get what the whole point of the thread was. Honestly, it was a work of art. Bravo!

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I would be impressed with getting an infraction for talking hockey on the NHL general board.

I’d be easy to get removed, and would prove a point

Hope so.

Did you read the post on the Leafs board about the poster being called a gay slur in the main board GDT? Apparently, he got thread banned, while the guy who posted the slur stayed there.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hope so.

Did you read the post on the Leafs board about the poster being called a gay slur in the main board GDT? Apparently, he got thread banned, while the guy who posted the slur stayed there.

Yeah. It’s not a surprise.

Leaf fans are a major reason why this board was kept running, but it’s constanly those fans not allowed to voice their opinions on the main boards, even if it’s simply innocent support of their players.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Pettersson just scored a beauty for his first NHL goal. Where's my damn push notification, sportsnet ?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Kuznetsov Art Ross thread is still up and running btw.

Matthews for Art Ross? Art Ross thread highlighting Matthews? Gotta delete that. Too soon for that!

Main Boards #exposed

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Leafs were complete trash tonight and still win. Can't wait until they actually click.

Also, Matthews' line was trash, still he got 2 goals. GOAT. He's truly THE GUY.
Yeah, I guess it's just the first game but this "super leafs" team didn't look good against a mediocre Montreal team. I expected a lot more speed and dominance, but then again they had pre-season to warm up so shouldn't have many excuses for game 1. Still got the W though, which is all that matters.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Yeah, I guess it's just the first game but this "super leafs" team didn't look good against a mediocre Montreal team. I expected a lot more speed and dominance, but then again they had pre-season to warm up so shouldn't have many excuses for game 1. Still got the W though, which is all that matters.

Whenever the main players played in pre-season, they played well, so it was really surprising to see their play today. Their breakouts and zone entry defence were complete trash tonight and the biggest reason for them being dominated. They need to be much better there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad