HFWF OT X

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kanye's latest MAGA tweets made me change the topic of my essay from something on morality to confirmation biases.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Kanye also gave the single worst musical performance in the history of SNL. Like....I was embarrassed FOR him

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kanye lives in a giant bubble where no one will challenge him that’s in his circle so he never has to confront the blow back. The one time he did he was dead silent because he had no answer for Jimmy Kimmel about what he supports regarding Trump specifically.

I really look forward to writing this essay.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With the amount of limitations in this “investigation” can anyone deny that the GOP is hiding something regarding Kavanagh at this point?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With the amount of limitations in this “investigation” can anyone deny that the GOP is hiding something regarding Kavanagh at this point?

Haven't they just limited the scope of the investigation to this incident? That makes sense, no?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Haven't they just limited the scope of the investigation to this incident? That makes sense, no?
There’s a list of questions and people that aren’t allowed to be talked to. I don’t remember the list off the top of my head, but they’re essentially smoking guns to whether he did it or not and the FBI can’t even talk to anyone or ask them those important questions.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There’s a list of questions and people that aren’t allowed to be talked to. I don’t remember the list off the top of my head, but they’re essentially smoking guns to whether he did it or not and the FBI can’t even talk to anyone or ask them those important questions.

Ah, I'd have to look into it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I have a work playlist that's probably got 700 or so songs on it. It's been in rotation for awhile but because it's so long I don't really hear the same stuff over and over but this morning two Brand New songs came up and it made me sad. It's such amazing music...and yet....

It's made even worse because he was essentially the voice of an awkward generation so people related so hard to him.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Frank Turner is an actual saint amongst men. Brian Fallon seems like a fine guy but I always blame him for Gaslight's hiatus. So...shame!

Actually. Frank Turner's biggest flaw is that he really loves Little Changes as a song. I can't support that.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Apparently the acoustic Fallon show on Sunday was awesome. He only played like 9 songs but the rest of the time he just told stories and we all know how great Brian rambles are.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I heard that he didn't play a lot of songs and talked a lot BUT the person who told me wasn't impressed.

All a matter of perspective I guess.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My GF absolutely cannot stand when a musician talks too much. I get it. For the most part I don't mind assuming it isn't obnoxious, but yeah, you're there for music not a storyteller group.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It depends on my mood and musician. A lot of time I absolutely love when they barely talk and just power through their set and somehow have done 18 songs in just over an hour. Having said that...there's definitely some musicians out there I'm genuinely intrigued by so I would be fine with a lot of talking. Frank Turner....Laura Jane Grace from Against Me!...etc.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
My only complaint about the Gaslight show is that Brian didn't talk that much tbh.

That said, he was VERY grumpy that night. :laugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Get out of here, man. With a Gaslight "reunion" (even if it's temporary) I'm fine with him talking less to get 1-2 more songs into the set list. Especially IF THAT f***ING SONG WAS BLUE JEANS AND WHITE TSHIRTS WHICH THEY DID NOT PLAY...

Really. The only time Gaslight disappointed me was on the Get Hurt tour when Against Me opened for them at....I think it was still Sound Academy. They seemed to be trying to be something they're not. Crazy amount of strobe lights, etc. Guys. You, at your core, are a rock and roll band. Just be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad