HFWF OT X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Tensions are running high right now. Here's a clip of THE BIG DOG's amazing snipe to cool the air:

GOAT release.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I can't believe people are actually saying the commentary is biased. This coming from Hughson who famously stated, "Nothing better than beating the Leafs on a Saturday night." Or something to that effect.

Are the commentators not allowed to talk about the Leafs at all? They were praising Domi and Kotka left and right. Price too.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Sportsnet has awful commentary for the most part. I still have absolutely no idea how the edmonton group is still employed to do their national games. They're so...unenthusiastic for literally everything save for an oil goal.

Everyone has their homer commentators and all, but edmonton's are next level.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Montreal reminds me of the Leafs of a few seasons ago.

Good speed. Great effort. Results in a lot of shots but you never really feel under a huge threat because barely any of them can finish.

They certainly played better than expected though.

yeah... that was err... something. Not what I expected considering who our coach is and then it clicked that Ducharme is behind the bench, too. The style was completely different.

We may be bad, but at least the games will be fun for a change until Julien gets to do whatever the f*** he does.

Kotkaniemi is going to be so good for us. I'm so excited for him. I hope he can do for us what Barkov does for Florida, and if we hit some lottery luck can add Hughes this summer, and if not, grab one of the top centers in this upcoming draft to slot behind Kotkaniemi for the future with Poehling on the 3rd line.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I can't believe people are actually saying the commentary is biased. This coming from Hughson who famously stated, "Nothing better than beating the Leafs on a Saturday night." Or something to that effect.

Are the commentators not allowed to talk about the Leafs at all? They were praising Domi and Kotka left and right. Price too.

Yeah, Hughson and Simpson are faaaaar from biased for the Leafs.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

another post about the Leafs smh

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Matthews always destroys the Habs, season opener or not. This is the first season opener in his career against them anyway.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Quite frankly the Leafs are brilliant and should be addressed as such.

Not wanting Jack Hughes in their division for over a decade, they've decided a system to give Montreal a point every time they play but as soon as OT starts play time is over. Hence Matthews ending it a minute in.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Listen, if any of your teams were worth talking about we would gladly do that.

Lies! Both the Habs and the Sens had much better teams to talk about for a looooong time.

I get it though, large population blah blah blah. But it's also way so many people love to see the Leafs fail and take such a joy in it. :D Doesn't even have much to do about the roster.

But CBC HNIC commentary for the Leafs was still far superior with Neale and Cole to what we have now on Sportsnet. I get the pleasure of Chris Cuthbert now, who is better than any person on Sportsnet by a landslide so it worked a little bit in my favor.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think it had more to do with AM usually starting off strong....think he's got 7 goals in his first three season-openers now. :laugh:

I will never forget his epic 4 goal performance to open vs the Sens. If you didn't like watching that as a Sens fan, you apparently have no soul. It's like who won the game didn't even matter, it had that much soul filled vigor.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Lies! Both the Habs and the Sens had much better teams to talk about for a looooong time.

I get it though, large population blah blah blah. But it's also way so many people love to see the Leafs fail and take such a joy in it. :D Doesn't even have much to do about the roster.

But CBC HNIC commentary for the Leafs was still far superior to what we have now on Sportsnet. I get the pleasure of Chris Cuthbert now, who is better than any person on Sportsnet by a landslide so it worked a little bit in my favor.

Leafs haters speak loud. Leaf fans respond louder. Haters come back louder. Leafs fans...louder...and louder and louder. It's a vicious circle. It's why I generally don't leave this forum anymore (and if I do it's not often to talk about the Leafs). Leafs fans suck. Leafs haters suck. HFWF OT is a fairly safe space.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Leafs haters speak loud. Leaf fans respond louder. Haters come back louder. Leafs fans...louder...and louder and louder. It's a vicious circle. It's why I generally don't leave this forum anymore (and if I do it's not often to talk about the Leafs). Leafs fans suck. Leafs haters suck. HFWF OT is a fairly safe space.

We need more drama. Someone at that vdb guy.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
@BonMorrison This question isn't because you're Asian but because you're clearly a social butterfly who gets around.

Best Ramen in Toronto? I feel I go to Kinton the most just because there's so many locations but it's definitely not my favourite.

I used to low key love Ryoji. Was 2 minutes from the Mod Club - nobody really knew of it but I went before most shows there.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah. f*** Momofuku in general. The idea behind ramen is to generally be obscene amounts of food for pretty cheap. They ruin the whole system.

I edited my post to mention that Kinton is definitely the usual location but that's just because they're the Starbucks of ramen.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Raijin Ramen is also really good and I like Touhenboku Ramen on Queen St W.

Like with a lot of Asian food tho, I feel like a lot of the charm in finding good ramen places are finding those hole in the wall ones that a lot of people don't know about haha.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Raijin was my first experiences with "real" ramen about 6 years ago so it's always got a spot in my heart for sure. I love the broth from Touhenboku and the noodles but their toppings have generally upset me...I dunno.

I could probably frankenstein myself an amazing bowl of ramen by picking elements from each place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad