HFWF OT X

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my area is pretty starved for Asian cuisine, so I was hyped when the next city over recently opened a Japanese owned restaurant

that was until I got there and discovered its basically a f***ing steakhouse except they cook all the meat on a teppan grill. talk about disappointment.

granted there is a small place that does ramen and sushi and whatnot but its pretty overpriced. I guess they really have no competition though

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
my area is pretty starved for Asian cuisine, so I was hyped when the next city over recently opened a Japanese owned restaurant

that was until I got there and discovered its basically a ****ing steakhouse except they cook all the meat on a teppan grill. talk about disappointment.

granted there is a small place that does ramen and sushi and whatnot but its pretty overpriced. I guess they really have no competition though

I don’t live in a large area either and I found this hole in the wall Burmese place where it’s just a family who cooks stuff and it’s amaaaazing. Favorite restaurant in my entire city. Cheap as hell too a large plate of food for like 6.50. I usually get a tea pickled leaves salad and a meal and have lots of take home for later.

They went back to Burma for three months this summer so the restaurant was closed and it’s like a piece of me had died.

Well since I do live next to a big university with one of the largest Chinese international student populations in the country there’s decent Asian cuisine that does pop up too. Some Himalayan restaurant opened I want to try.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If you find a place, let me know. I'm intrigued. All about trying new cuisines. I had Tibetan recently...it wasn't really for me though I think it might have just been what I ordered or the restaurant (even if it was well reviewed).

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I had Ethiopean food years ago...around Bloor/Ossington. I should give it another try because I don't remember much about it.

Bon. Stay away from Lalibela for the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Don Cherry must be rolling around in his grave. Three Canadian fanbases all hyped with their 3 young stars. A Swede, a Finn and an American.

And yeah, I realize Cherry isn't dead. But his ideals should be.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I got even money that Cherry will soon go into a rant about how this is the Leafs chance to trade Nylander for Nick Ritchie.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Don Cherry must be rolling around in his grave. Three Canadian fanbases all hyped with their 3 young stars. A Swede, a Finn and an American.

And yeah, I realize Cherry isn't dead. But his ideals should be.

its all good. the Devils will take care of Nylander and assimilate him into the Scandinavian/Swiss uprising.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
HF Leaf fans are annoying af. Not the ones in this thread but the others.

Can’t wait until we get Hughes/Dach/Kakko/Cozens.

Hughes
Kotkaniemi-Suzuki
Poehling

Kotkaniemi-Kakko
Suzuki
Poehling

Kotkaniemi
Dach/Cozens-Suzuki
Poehling

Plssss hockey draft gods.

Although after last night’s style I wonder if we’ll keep that style for long or Julien’s old ways will rear its ugly head back into things and go back to last years system.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Every fanbase is annoying. There's lots of annoying Leaf fans, but it's far from a one way street. Not to mention, we have a bunch of obsessed haters who pretend to be Leaf fans. There's not a single Leaf thread that doesn't get derailed by non-Leaf fans and then turn into a Leafs and Leafs fans bash thread. Not a single Matthews thread where he isn't shredded.

The GDT last night was all too happy to see the Leafs struggle and were projecting their entire season based on one game. Of course the Sharks or Bruins didn't get that treatment though.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Every fanbase is annoying. There's lots of annoying Leaf fans, but it's far from a one way street. Not to mention, we have a bunch of obsessed haters who pretend to be Leaf fans. There's not a single Leaf thread that doesn't get derailed by non-Leaf fans and then turn into a Leafs and Leafs fans bash thread. Not a single Matthews thread where he isn't shredded.

The GDT last night was all too happy to see the Leafs struggle and were projecting their entire season based on one game. Of course the Sharks or Bruins didn't get that treatment though.

It's such a damn large popular fanbase if I were a Leafs fan I would just go into seclusion and watch games by myself and not really talk about them with many people.

Of course the Leafs are Bud Light of the NHL, so mainstream. No wonder @Paris in Flames likes them. :D

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
It's such a damn large popular fanbase if I were a Leafs fan I would just go into seclusion and watch games by myself and not really talk about them with many people.

Of course the Leafs are Bud Light of the NHL, so mainstream. No wonder @Paris in Flames likes them. :D

Don't get me wrong, there's a shit ton of annoying Leaf fans, who warrant the shit they get.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Saw a Facebook post today, it said that false accusations don’t affect Men and they would keep living normal life so it doesn’t matter. That people should “get out of here with that shit” in terms of the #HimToo movement.

This is what I’m talking about with dangerous precedents being set with all of this.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Saw a Facebook post today, it said that false accusations don’t affect Men and they would keep living normal life so it doesn’t matter. That people should “get out of here with that ****” in terms of the #HimToo movement.

This is what I’m talking about with dangerous precedents being set with all of this.

:biglaugh:

Tell that to Brian Banks.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
False accusations are f***ed and anybody who thinks they don't ruin lives are morons.

10 years ago I was friends with a man and woman who were dating. We all worked together. They were going through some major issues and it was clear they were on their way to breaking up. Fast forward a few weeks and she and I were at a party. Obviously alcohol involved. She told me they had broken up. I'm not proud of it since he and I were friends but she and I hooked up. The next day I found out she lied and they were still together. A few days later people at work stopped talking to me and straight ignoring me. Found out she told him we hooked up but to soften the blow she told him that I took advantage of her when she couldn't even walk or see straight. It was 100% consensual but just to cover her ass...she told everybody that. I had to leave my job. I lost almost all my friends. I was straight up depressed over it.

She eventually wrote me a letter apologizing for lying about it and admitted it was 100% consensual etc etc. I still have that letter to this day just so my ass is covered.

So yeah. False allegations ruined at least a year of my life so f*** that Facebook post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad