OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Cool.
Yeah I read 4 was a bit more light-hearted than 3 or 5.

I can only play whats on pc so I went with 4 Golden.

I'm about to go into the TV again after the 2nd murder thingy....

I am a big FF7 FF9 fan... not sure why I never tried this before... I've always loved anime shows and movies, lately watching a ton of anime, but just now trying some japanese games.

Hell, I missed 3 & 4 until the Vita came out. The originals of both of those were released on the PS2 after my PS2 had been mothballed, so most of the western audience came well after the fact...and that's probably for the better. The upside to this is that the handheld versions of P3 & P4 that came after the fact are significantly better than their PS2 counterparts, just for quality of life improvements alone (not being able to control your party members is a sin in JRPGs). Plus there's a ton added to the games, even characters. P4G is the proper way to play that game and the PC version is just a prettier version of the Vita version.

I think Persona 3 will either get properly remade or at least a heavily tweaked modern port before we're too deep into this modern generation. Now that there's an audience for Atlus games on PC, I think you'll either see a lot of these games straight-up ported there (such as P4G being the Vita game with graphics settings) or at least receive ports moving forward after the fact. I hope P5R gets a PC port...I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up in the next year. I have to imagine there is some sort of exclusivity deal with Sony because there isn't any other good reasons for 0 of these games to be on Switch otherwise...hopefully it's just timed exclusivity for the mainline games. I think P5R showing up or not on Steam later this year would answer that question.

I'm always baffled at how little anime tends to interest me given my adoration of JRPGs, but that just goes to show how different things can be. FFVII & FFIX are 2 of my all-time favorites and I'd say appreciating FFIX without being a huge FF fanboy bodes well for you here. That game was filled to the brim with references to older games that you don't need to know to necessarily appreciate and wore its weirdness proudly, which certainly applies to the Persona series as well. Just replace the Shakespearean theatre angle with Jungian psychology.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
MLB The Show just got confirmed for the xbox for the first time and I've already pre-ordered it :laugh:

I was thinking of getting a PS5 for the new ratchet and clank game and that game, but now that I have MLB on my xbox 1 and I have PS Now to play a bunch of old Ratchet and Clank games, I don't think I'm gonna get a PS5.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
MLB The Show just got confirmed for the xbox for the first time and I've already pre-ordered it :laugh:

I was thinking of getting a PS5 for the new ratchet and clank game and that game, but now that I have MLB on my xbox 1 and I have PS Now to play a bunch of old Ratchet and Clank games, I don't think I'm gonna get a PS5.

Oh what I would have given for this in the 360 generation...bad baseball games were enough to get me to finally buy a PS3 in 2012.

I'm still waiting to find availability on the new consoles that isn't gobbled up in the 5 seconds between me clicking a link and hitting add to cart...

Reactions: Empoleon8771

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hell, I missed 3 & 4 until the Vita came out. The originals of both of those were released on the PS2 after my PS2 had been mothballed, so most of the western audience came well after the fact...and that's probably for the better. The upside to this is that the handheld versions of P3 & P4 that came after the fact are significantly better than their PS2 counterparts, just for quality of life improvements alone (not being able to control your party members is a sin in JRPGs). Plus there's a ton added to the games, even characters. P4G is the proper way to play that game and the PC version is just a prettier version of the Vita version.

I think Persona 3 will either get properly remade or at least a heavily tweaked modern port before we're too deep into this modern generation. Now that there's an audience for Atlus games on PC, I think you'll either see a lot of these games straight-up ported there (such as P4G being the Vita game with graphics settings) or at least receive ports moving forward after the fact. I hope P5R gets a PC port...I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up in the next year. I have to imagine there is some sort of exclusivity deal with Sony because there isn't any other good reasons for 0 of these games to be on Switch otherwise...hopefully it's just timed exclusivity for the mainline games. I think P5R showing up or not on Steam later this year would answer that question.

I'm always baffled at how little anime tends to interest me given my adoration of JRPGs, but that just goes to show how different things can be. FFVII & FFIX are 2 of my all-time favorites and I'd say appreciating FFIX without being a huge FF fanboy bodes well for you here. That game was filled to the brim with references to older games that you don't need to know to necessarily appreciate and wore its weirdness proudly, which certainly applies to the Persona series as well. Just replace the Shakespearean theatre angle with Jungian psychology.

I think P5R comes out on Steam next month.

How long would you say P4G takes to completion?

I see there are 69 quests... I didnt even get 1 yet, haha... I'm about 3h49m in but I had to run out for an hour while the game was open because you can only save at certain intervals...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I think P5R comes out on Steam next month.

How long would you say P4G takes to completion?

I see there are 69 quests... I didnt even get 1 yet, haha... I'm about 3h49m in but I had to run out for an hour while the game was open because you can only save at certain intervals...

Sorry, the abbreviations can cause confusion. P5S comes out on Switch & Steam next month. Strikers is a misou/Dynasty Warriors-style game that apparently acts as a pseudo-sequel. P5R (Royal) is the enhanced version of Persona 5 that's still PS4/PS5 exclusive.

I'm the wrong person to ask about game lengths because I take my sweet time with everything, but P4G took me around 80 hours the first time around. It's long, but not on the extreme side like P5 was even before Royal added a semester and characters. These are games meant to be savored, not rushed through...which is why it made sense for the enhanced versions of 3 & 4 to be on handhelds and why the insanely long 5 not being on Switch kinda sucks.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sorry, the abbreviations can cause confusion. P5S comes out on Switch & Steam next month. Strikers is a misou/Dynasty Warriors-style game that apparently acts as a pseudo-sequel. P5R (Royal) is the enhanced version of Persona 5 that's still PS4/PS5 exclusive.

I'm the wrong person to ask about game lengths because I take my sweet time with everything, but P4G took me around 80 hours the first time around. It's long, but not on the extreme side like P5 was even before Royal added a semester and characters. These are games meant to be savored, not rushed through...which is why it made sense for the enhanced versions of 3 & 4 to be on handhelds and why the insanely long 5 not being on Switch kinda sucks.

Oh yeah... I'm a savorer so... haha

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Just a kitten pic, because she's being a shifty jerk at the moment:

4wE0lZb.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yep! She's also fairly tiny-- just a hair over 5 lbs and seems to have stopped growing already. She's also a veritable terror between the hours of midnight, to 6 man. For the first time from Jamaica.

I'm curious, how old is she? I just adopted Onyx on Friday and she's currently 5.2 lbs at 6 months. I expect her to get closer to the 10-11 lbs that my 2 other cats are at, but I didn't know that some cats would remain that small.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I'm curious, how old is she? I just adopted Onyx on Friday and she's currently 5.2 lbs at 6 months. I expect her to get closer to the 10-11 lbs that my 2 other cats are at, but I didn't know that some cats would remain that small.
We adopted our cat and no one knows the exact age, but around 12 years old, and she weighs around 6 lbs.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

We don't know for sure, but the shelter estimated she was about 8 weeks old when we got her in early November, so best estimates are she's about 5 months or so. I thought she was going to grow more too, but we'll see.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
@Empoleon8771

One of our cats was kinda sickly when we got him as a kitten. He's only grown to about 7lbs. Figure he was stunted a bit.

Got another that's 12ish and another that's 16+ lol

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Sox used to be just shy of one (1) stone in weight ! 13lbs of solid fatty cat. Then her thyroid went to shit and is now about 4-5lbs and skinny as f*** :(

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Our family had a Yorkshire terrier, and it usually weighed between 6-8 lbs. Anything more prompted monitoring her diet and exercise. lol

My pugs used to be 17-18 pounds in their younger days. Now hover around 22 lbs.

Don’t really weigh them much but just look to see if they curve in a bit just before their hind legs. If they are completely round there it’s time to cut back on any treats

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
My used to be 17-18 pounds in their younger days. Now hover around 22 lbs.

Don’t really weigh them much but just look to see if they curve in a bit just before their hind legs. If they are completely round there it’s time to cut back on any treats

Sorry... Ours was a Yorkshire poodle, hence the smaller size.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad