OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
uKWYoXJa8qjAtSBl_w7akWZpLEw=.gif

UxT88usj4aWIAu5FCCmVDQpQJS0=.gif

ZsWu3XlIy3zYrYWwEBiidzN8SgE=.gif

suIfbJHCEtJWvxCZaIJ6aiA0MaQ=.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Got approved to adopt Onnie, I'm taking her in tomorrow at 4 PM. I may call her Onyx instead but Onnie is a pretty great name too :laugh:

Turns out it was also unnecessary for me to try and explain my living situation. They don't have a walk-through with this. Just checked with my landlord and vet and ran a quick background check. Luckily my landlord is really nice and is letting me have 3 cats despite the rules saying I can only have 2, but it's only for 3 weeks so it's nbd regardless.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@Big McLargehuge . . . first you and me, now AOC and Cruz . . . 'This is unacceptable': AOC, Ted Cruz and others side with retail investors, slam Robinhood and Wall Street amid GameStop mania

4A6C71AF-2581-48C9-8C3E-7EDE230E69E3.gif

The Empire has struck back, just as we have foreseen.

Jokes aside, Robinhood, TD Ameritrade, and others limiting their people to only being able to sell GME (but not to buy it) while the hedge funds are free to do their whole Revenge of the Short Sellers tour is some next level bullshit.

cc: @That1Kid

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Steven Cohen, just a guy trying to make a living like everybody else.

edit: now it looks like you can buy the restricted stocks on some platforms

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also the OP of this thread makes me really want to restart me rewatch of Futurama I think I got to around the episode when Fry's head was attached to Amy's body, which was in late season 2. It's a great show IMO, shame it's done at this point.

Speaking of watching/doing things that came out years ago, I started replaying skyrim on my new PC last night. It runs like an absolute gem on it, loading screens take absolutely no time and the graphics look great. I forgot how good of a game this was.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Nice . . . now that the hedge funds have recouped some cash with this buy restricted sell off and have walked away, everyone can play again.

Supposedly, GME float has increased to 250% and there’s allegations that Citadel increased their short position before telling Robinhood to restrict GME

I shared this Tweet in the other thread before it closed

I find all this fascinating, and I gotta say, this has been one of my least productive work days in a while :laugh:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Doesn't make sense to me that Citadel would be telling Robinhood to shut down trading. Citadel makes their money on flow not by make up or down bets. Essentially, they're a bookie taking a vig so they don't care if the underdog wins the big game.

Now Point72 doing shady stuff is very on brand...

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
GME has been a rollercoaster. I have a friend on Discord who shared a screenshot of his 200 shares and he called off work tomorrow to either celebrate or check into a hospital.

Reactions: That1Kid and KIRK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What are roguelikes and what is this game called Hades?
roguelikes are games where you are expected to lose most of your runs , get a bit stronger between each run, and then try again. And then most of them have harder modes where you kinda keep doing it once you can win. Every run has randomly generated world combinations and other things that make each run a bit different. They are great games to play off and on without forgetting what's going on since they are focused on a fun gameplay loop where you constantly start over instead of a big long story exploring a big world.

Hades is a roguelike action game where you are fighting your way out of...Hades. It's sort of like diablo with the overhead action style, but its more combo and movement based and designed for a controller instead of mouse. You choose your weapon each time which changes your main attack style. Each run you will get different power combinations as you go. Some will give you a shield, some let you shoot lightning, some make your spells explode or heat seek, etc. You can end up with a ton of fun combinations.

It's one of the best sit down and play for an hour games I can remember playing, but I've also sat and played it for 5 hours at a time a few times. It's my goty last year.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
roguelikes are games where you are expected to lose most of your runs , get a bit stronger between each run, and then try again. And then most of them have harder modes where you kinda keep doing it once you can win. Every run has randomly generated world combinations and other things that make each run a bit different. They are great games to play off and on without forgetting what's going on since they are focused on a fun gameplay loop where you constantly start over instead of a big long story exploring a big world.

Hades is a roguelike action game where you are fighting your way out of...Hades. It's sort of like diablo with the overhead action style, but its more combo and movement based and designed for a controller instead of mouse. You choose your weapon each time which changes your main attack style. Each run you will get different power combinations as you go. Some will give you a shield, some let you shoot lightning, some make your spells explode or heat seek, etc. You can end up with a ton of fun combinations.

It's one of the best sit down and play for an hour games I can remember playing, but I've also sat and played it for 5 hours at a time a few times. It's my goty last year.

Thanks. I've seen videos on Hades and it certainly looks and sounds good. The only roguelike I think I've ever played was Enter the Gungeon and I think I only played that for 20 minutes.

Certainly not a roguelike, but I saw that the Borderlands Collection for Switch was only $30...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Thanks. I've seen videos on Hades and it certainly looks and sounds good. The only roguelike I think I've ever played was Enter the Gungeon and I think I only played that for 20 minutes.

Certainly not a roguelike, but I saw that the Borderlands Collection for Switch was only $30...

Hades has been described as a roguelike for people who don't like roguelikes.

As someone who doesn't like roguelikes and considers Hades nearly flawless...yeah, that sounds about right.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I slipped on ice the other day, went a couple feet in the air, and landed on the upper part of my right thigh bone.

I don't think I could be a professional hockey player.

We saw the footage

GlisteningSpotlessHeifer-small.gif

My first Canadian winter one week in, I was walking home from the bar. Slipped on ice multiple times black eye and very sore coccyx. To this day I have random coccyx mild pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad