OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thought you got banned? And odd you and @Tom Hanks show back up on the same day.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@Gurglesons "You’re right. I worry every time @Tom Hanks disappears for a stretch that he died"

200.gif

Thanks for the concern mate. Work has been crazy for me lately. I actually talked to them about that as my brain couldn't keep up the pace I was working at. They took a bunch of work off me straight away so that was good. I haven't seen a game or really followed whats going on.

.....checks standings..... looks like we are doing really well ( :laugh: @ Philly ). Should be around more soon-ish.

Not sure that 'I can't do all my work and fulfill my appearance obligations at HFBoards, so you'll need to lighten my work load' conversation would've gone over so well at many (or, more precisely, any) other places . . . :popcorn:

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I'm thinking of trying Labatt Blue and Molson Canadian since I've been getting into beer lately after quitting the green stuff for the army. Opinions on these Canadian brews

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I'm thinking of trying Labatt Blue and Molson Canadian since I've been getting into beer lately after quitting the green stuff for the army. Opinions on these Canadian brews
Labatt Blue used to have a promotion where they included a Penguins beanie in a case of beer. My friends and I drank a lot of Labatt’s that year haha. They also had a Penguins mesh hat promotion. It is a pretty good beer. Kind of a basic lager.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Labatt Blue used to have a promotion where they included a Penguins beanie in a case of beer. My friends and I drank a lot of Labatt’s that year haha. They also had a Penguins mesh hat promotion. It is a pretty good beer. Kind of a basic lager.

Damn, i'm in Caps country so idk if they'd offer that here. But I'd order Labatts online just to get the pens beanie tbh. How was the beer, my dad said he finds the Canadian stuff kinda skunky, but then again he drinks Sierra Nevada Pale Ale so idk if i can trust him on that

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Damn, i'm in Caps country so idk if they'd offer that here. But I'd order Labatts online just to get the pens beanie tbh. How was the beer, my dad said he finds the Canadian stuff kinda skunky, but then again he drinks Sierra Nevada Pale Ale so idk if i can trust him on that
To me it is more comparable to a beer like Miller High Life and not a craft beer. I like it, but wouldn’t go out of my way to order it. Back in the day, kind of before craft beers were popular, the most “exotic” beer that the bars that I used to frequent would get was Labatts haha.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think they are both better than the Miller's and Budweiser's. If you want a Canadian lighter lager, my favorite is Moosehead. I think it's a step better than Labatt or Molson. But all of those are solid choices for beers before hitting the craft beer scene and the price jump that comes with it.

Last edited:

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I think they are both better than the Miller's and Budweiser's. If you want a Canadian lighter lager, my favorite is Moosehead. I think it's a step better than Labatt or Molson. But all of those are solid choices for beers before hitting the craft beer scene and the price jump that comes with it.

To me it is more comparable to a beer like Miller High Life and not a craft beer. I like it, but wouldn’t go out of my way to order it. Back in the day, kind of before craft beers were popular, the most “exotic” beer that the bars that I used to frequent would get was Labatts haha.

Thanks for the recommendations boys. Idk how much of the craft beer scene really interests me. Some of it seems kinda pretentious, some of it actually looks nice. But It has yet to peak my interests. I want to tour the basic stuff first I guess, I quit drinking at 20 (lol) and am back at it at 25, so i'm a little new to the scene still. I took some time away from the game like Mario.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad