HFJets STH renewal 2019

For those STH up for renewal this year, are you, or is your group renewing?

• Total voters

DREGER21

Mar 26, 2018
I had no idea that the STH perks given by other teams are far superior to ours. I do remember the Jets gave away the jerseys off their backs at the end of the last home game of season. Do they still do that?? After 8 years I am giving up my sweet seat in P4 right below the corporate boxes. My partner picked up my seat so it's all good. I am just not feeling the excitement level........or maybe I'm just getting older. Haven't had a teenager walk on my grass for years.. LOL... biggest factor is I have a bad sense we will regress as a time. The return from trading Trouba has to be solid.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I had no idea that the STH perks given by other teams are far superior to ours. I do remember the Jets gave away the jerseys off their backs at the end of the last home game of season. Do they still do that?? After 8 years I am giving up my sweet seat in P4 right below the corporate boxes. My partner picked up my seat so it's all good. I am just not feeling the excitement level........or maybe I'm just getting older. Haven't had a teenager walk on my grass for years.. LOL... biggest factor is I have a bad sense we will regress as a time. The return from trading Trouba has to be solid.

Nope, it has been a number of years since this happened. 3-4 years would be my guess. I know not this year or last at the very least but pretty sure it has been longer than that.

Fan appreciation night seemed to consist of shooting t-shirts out of a cannon this year and not much more. (Islanders game, end of March). I used to opt for the last game of the season as a pretty high choice in our group draft but no longer as there is little done. This year I just ended up with the Islanders game (which wasn't the last game of the season, Montreal was, but it was fan appreciation night).

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It would help if groups of people wouldn't stand in the middle of them to carry on their conversations. They need to mark a big swath down the middle that is a no-standing zone. :mad:

This is a people problem in general, an obliviousness to everyone around them. Often made even worse by acting inconvenienced when they have to move 6 inches to let someone through. It's just like the drivers who sit in the middle of a parking lot in Costco with their signal on so no one can pass, or people who stand with their carts right at the entrance and exit doors at grocery stores.

Also, to confirm what was stated earlier, I did get the legal contract thing when I contacted my rep about not renewing for the last season. Not a big deal I guess, but this will be my last season as a STH barring a big salary increase or lottery win.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I for one definitely DON’T work for TNSE. There’s a balance. On the one hand yes you’re paying for season tickets. I don’t understand why people that buy season tickets figure that TNSE owes them a debt of gratitude. They are selling a product and you’re willing to pay for it. Having said that no one should be treated with disrespect. I have had a few disagreements with them and they have always been respectful and endeavoured to accommodate. I’m sure if you’ve been disrespected and you escalated with senior management you would get an immediate apology.

It sounds like you’re bitter about something. They’re not holding a gun to your head. If you feel slighted or disrespected, simply move along.

I have, in fact, moved along and I feel great about it. At this point my only concern with how TNSE treats their customers stems from the fact that I don’t want the city to lose the team again.

Reactions: blues10

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I have, in fact, moved along and I feel great about it. At this point my only concern with how TNSE treats their customers stems from the fact that I don’t want the city to lose the team again.

If you truly don’t want to lose this team then you will continue to support them. Those that can afford to and choose not to then really don’t care If they leave.

Reactions: Deedog99

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If you truly don’t want to lose this team then you will continue to support them. Those that can afford to and choose not to then really don’t care If they leave.

Oh what a crock of horse shit. Becoming a STH (or share of) doesn't mean (nor should it mean) making a f***ing lifelong commitment. There's 800,000 people in this city. I figure someone else can pick up my slack. In fact, I've already hooked up the group I'm leaving with a willing replacement, if they want him. I've given them 8 years of disposable income and now I want to do something else. That doesn't in any way mean that I don't care if the team stays or goes. :mad:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

But even if you have the money, why would you blindly give it to the team by being a STH when you get no benefit from doing so? And sure you will say, you have tickets to the game, that’s your benefit. Except I can get tickets to as many games as I want without being a STH for pretty much the same cost If STHs and their partners are the only reason this team exists, then TNSE needs to get their heads out of their asses and start treating their customers properly, because once they lose them they aren’t getting them back.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
But even if you have the money, why would you blindly give it to the team by being a STH when you get no benefit from doing so? And sure you will say, you have tickets to the game, that’s your benefit. Except I can get tickets to as many games as I want without being a STH for pretty much the same cost If STHs and their partners are the only reason this team exists, then TNSE needs to get their heads out of their asses and start treating their customers properly, because once they lose them they aren’t getting them back.
And if not enough fans support the team they will do what all organizations do, they will move to a market that can afford them. TNSE is at a bit of a disadvantage in Winnipeg as it is a small market with rather limited corporate base to prop up the team. Chipman's ties to the city and the Infrastructure laid down by the Moose got us the team. As a die hard fan I'd prefer not to push how far he and Thomson are willing to go to keep the team in Winnipeg. Luckily we still have the wait list to fall back on.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Oh what a crock of horse ****. Becoming a STH (or share of) doesn't mean (nor should it mean) making a ****ing lifelong commitment. There's 800,000 people in this city. I figure someone else can pick up my slack. In fact, I've already hooked up the group I'm leaving with a willing replacement, if they want him. I've given them 8 years of disposable income and now I want to do something else. That doesn't in any way mean that I don't care if the team stays or goes. :mad:
Yet you'll watch every game and follow the team without spending any money. If everyone thought like that they would be gone!

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Oh what a crock of horse ****. Becoming a STH (or share of) doesn't mean (nor should it mean) making a ****ing lifelong commitment. There's 800,000 people in this city. I figure someone else can pick up my slack. In fact, I've already hooked up the group I'm leaving with a willing replacement, if they want him. I've given them 8 years of disposable income and now I want to do something else. That doesn't in any way mean that I don't care if the team stays or goes. :mad:

Look I’m sure you care. But like someone else pointed out if everyone else thought like you then this team would be doomed. Then we’d once again regret it. However it does happen again we will NEVER get a team back here.

Reactions: KingBogo

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
At the end of the day those that truly care about this franchise and have passion for the game will support them in some way. If you can’t afford season tickets then buy some gear and show up for practices and other events and possibly to some games.

For those of you that can afford them but have a bee in your bonnet because you didn’t get a free jersey and are now holding a grudge, get over it. Think back to what it was like losing them, then not having them here. I for one DO NOT want to go back to those days!!!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

800K means little in this city when half that can't even afford to pay attention and are supported by the other 400K in the city, this isn't Calgary or Edmonton where you probably still have 800K in each city still working!

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Hockey buzz Edmonton article today states.....

1) Edmonton season ticket renewal came out with a zero 0% increase.
2) season ticket holders get 15 % off concession card at games.
3) Monthly draws for team stuff/promos
4) free tours of new building dressing rooms and behind the scenes areas of rink.
5) plus

#trying to keep...s.t.h

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB

I'll have to respectfully disagree, it's not quite that black and white. Just because a former STH doesn't renew, doesn't mean they support the team leaving. There are different levels of support.

It's a little bit of both level of interest and level of disposable income. The more you're interested, the more of your disposable income you will spend. It's important to note that there are very different levels of disposable income, the net money spent can be very different between one person and another.

A fanatic STH supporting the team with a 1/2 season in P7 for 10 years going to every game they can possibly afford is just as valuable as a typical STH supporting the team for 5 years with a 1/5th share in the Loge seats. To each their own level of interest and support.

I've said before in this thread, passed present and future STH are all the same and have put the same effort in "keeping the team afloat". You can't have new STH without some leaving and you need new STH to "keep the team afloat" for years to come. Just because some STH are leaving, the sky isn't falling. It's natural. No matter what the reason for leaving is. Also, It's not the past or current STH's job to sell what TN is selling.

I can confirm this. Since our group is losing at least one member, and possibly another, other potential share partners have come to light. It's not hard to find interest. You just need to network. Trust that TN knows this too. It's still too early to say that the team is going to move again just because there is a little attrition, that's fear mongering if I've ever heard it.

I suspect that getting tickets to games at STH cost will always be a possibility however become a little more rare as there seems to be a little of an STH turn over and groups are restructuring with new members that are more likely to go to the games they have as opposed to reselling them.

Ironically, the tickets may find at STH cost will likely be all the same games the former STH complain about having to pay for when they were STH... the pre-season and the Tuesday & Thursday night games against some random struggling NHL team that plays boring trap style hockey all while the Jets are in a slump.

Hockey buzz Edmonton article today states.....

1) Edmonton season ticket renewal came out with a zero 0% increase.
2) season ticket holders get 15 % off concession card at games.
3) Monthly draws for team stuff/promos
4) free tours of new building dressing rooms and behind the scenes areas of rink.
5) plus

1) GOD I hope we never become like Edmonton, perpetual draft lottery winners and regular season losers. I'd pay 3% increase every year to avoid that steaming pile of crap player/asset management!
2) No concession discounts for Winnipeg STH, yet. However, I can easily see this happening in the near future. Especially if they reduce the amount of STH they actually maintain to allow more walk up tickets at higher than STH price but lower than (STH+TM fee) price.
3) The Jets have draws every home game where and STH is deemed the "STH of the game" and given VIP treatment. To me that pretty much equivalent or better than a monthly draw, IMHO.
4) Sure, in Winnipeg, tours are not "free" but you can use your Jets Rewards. I agree with this method of managing the interested parties. If you have to give up something, however fictitious, the people that will spend these fictitious points on something like this will value it more than "someone who went for free". I guess the opposite is true too, they will expect a high quality event for having spent their hard earned fictitious points.
5) Wait for the plus, I mean, it can only go up from where we are no? :P
6) Question, How many other NHL teams give away perceived valuable "points" in the style that the Jets do, that can be used for experiences or merchandise? One could argue that these points benefit, not only the STH but ANY Jets fan with a Jets account! From the "Bonus Code" Thread in these forums, we appear to really like our points and easily forget that this is a benefit we get on behalf of TN for being Jets fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
That's what I did... I gave them 8 years and thousands upon thousands of dollars, while so many of the Jets fans in the city watched for free at home. Now it's my turn to go to a handful of games each season and watch the vast majority of games at home. And at the prices True North demands, it's just good business sense to offer more to season ticket holders than they have up to this point.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
6) Question, How many other NHL teams give away perceived valuable "points" in the style that the Jets do, that can be used for experiences or merchandise? One could argue that these points benefit, not only the STH but ANY Jets fan with a Jets account! From the "Bonus Code" Thread in these forums, we appear to really like our points and easily forget that this is a benefit we get on behalf of TN for being Jets fans.

As far as the points go, I have asked and have never gotten an answer... " why do the points have to expire? "

The points were great, now they are just whatever. Keep them... get rid of them... for most it makes no difference anymore.

Before, people could save up their points to get a good "reward", be it a jersey, a golf bag.. etc. Now that they expire only the rich few can get enough points to make it really worth while. I'm in P6 with 2 seats and basically at this point I'm left to using my points to enter contests, which really means I'm just cashing in my points for nothing.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
As far as the points go, I have asked and have never gotten an answer... " why do the points have to expire? "

The points were great, now they are just whatever. Keep them... get rid of them... for most it makes no difference anymore.

Before, people could save up their points to get a good "reward", be it a jersey, a golf bag.. etc. Now that they expire only the rich few can get enough points to make it really worth while. I'm in P6 with 2 seats and basically at this point I'm left to using my points to enter contests, which really means I'm just cashing in my points for nothing.

I think that they have to expire because after a certain point they become a liability to True North.
Similar to the guy who collected and bought enough Pepsi points to get a harrier jet.
Given enough time, a single person may amass enough points to clear out all of the rewards inventory in one shot.

I agree, they shouldn't have to expire. They could get out of the liability issue by allowing people collect up to a maximum amount of points to cover their butt as opposed to having them expire. This would keep the "high rollers" rolling over their points and the "average joes"can save them to possibly get "bigger" reward items.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I think that they have to expire because after a certain point they become a liability to True North.
Similar to the guy who collected and bought enough Pepsi points to get a harrier jet.
Given enough time, a single person may amass enough points to clear out all of the rewards inventory in one shot.

I agree, they shouldn't have to expire. They could get out of the liability issue by allowing people collect up to a maximum amount of points to cover their butt as opposed to having them expire. This would keep the "high rollers" rolling over their points and the "average joes"can save them to possibly get "bigger" reward items.
Well, some of the "prizes" cost upwards of 100,000 points or more. If you're a shlub sitting in P7, it may take you longer, but you should be able to get that box seat eventually even if it takes you 15 years.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Well, some of the "prizes" cost upwards of 100,000 points or more. If you're a shlub sitting in P7, it may take you longer, but you should be able to get that box seat eventually even if it takes you 15 years.

When they initially launched the program that was the case and I was happy to save up my points to eventually get a free jersey after 10 years. Then they changed it so your points expire after 5 years so you'll never really be able to save up points for the bigger things. (terrible decision imo and obviously made without any sort of focus group with the fan base) I get that they don't want these points to linger out there forever, but 5 years was way too short to be expiring the points when it was taking people 10 years or more to save up for the reward they wanted... and people were excited to do that.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3