HFJets STH renewal 2019

For those STH up for renewal this year, are you, or is your group renewing?

• Total voters

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
You can only increase costs well over the price of inflation for so long before people can no longer afford it. I gave up my tickets a couple seasons ago after then went to a 5% increase.

IMO the P5, P6 tickets are the least in demand on the secondary market. P7 are most affordable so people who just want to get in the door take them. Otherwise its the occasional game person who wants better seats in the lower bowl.
One person in our group P2 dropped out and went to a P7 group

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Well...if it matters, we asked him twice about the 50% renewal number in P5 because we were so shocked...and he confirmed it twice. And again, that number was based on ST packages that were up for renewal in 2019...not necessarily all ST packages in P5. I'll add that we know quite a few ST holders in P5 from all our years there...MANY chose not to renew this year (or were on the fence leaning towards not renewing when I spoke to them last).

P6 and P7 however was a different story. The whole point for us was to lower our price point. P6's and P7's were very VERY difficult to get. We did get presented with multiple options for P6 and none of them were very desirable or close to where we wanted to be. For all intents and purposes, we got the last pair of available full season P7's and those only came up because someone else decided not to take them at the last minute.

I find it interesting that, in the past it was "take it or leave it" when it came to what TN offered to those relocating or coming off the waitlist. In your particular case there's "multiple options" and another "last minute option" that came up to completely satisfy the customer.

TN was raked over the coals in these forums for the take it or leave it type of approach. Perhaps there are more options now due to turnover, perhaps TN has learned that they need to be more respectful to potential customers, or perhaps it's a combination of both? The tide appears to be turning for STH, in terms of commanding a certain level of respect to fill there requests, perhaps thanks to those who are not renewing?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
P3, P4 and P5 season ticket holders who've been in since the beginning in 2011 were all up for renewal this year. That's approximately 40% of the seats in the arena.

A 50% renewal rate would surprise me, though I think overall for this cycle 60%-70% sounds right.

P5s are probably less desirable since they're the highest priced tickets in the upper bowl (not including loge seats) and the sight lines for some of them have degraded since the introduction of those loge seats. A 50% renewal rate for that section doesn't seem unreasonable. I'd expect P3 and P4 to do better...but the inexorable rise in prices and the prospect of facing 5% increases every year for the duration of the deal will drive many out.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I find it interesting that, in the past it was "take it or leave it" when it came to what TN offered to those relocating or coming off the waitlist. In your particular case there's "multiple options" and another "last minute option" that came up to completely satisfy the customer.

TN was raked over the coals in these forums for the take it or leave it type of approach. Perhaps there are more options now due to turnover, perhaps TN has learned that they need to be more respectful to potential customers, or perhaps it's a combination of both? The tide appears to be turning for STH, in terms of commanding a certain level of respect to fill there requests, perhaps thanks to those who are not renewing?

It's almost like there's a supply and demand principle in play here. Now, if everybody would just stop buying beer till they lower the price to $5... :nod:

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
So...I have an update. We got moved from P5's to our requested P7's. Our ticket rep was awesome to deal with. We felt he worked hard to find a solution that worked for us. They WERE true to their word and I am thrilled with our new seats (especially at the price point). My kids are getting older now and I want to take them to more games (and send them to games with their Grandpa...whom I share the seats with). It makes it a heck of a lot easier at the P7 price point instead of the P5.

One point of interest...when I spoke with my ticket rep, he said about 50% of P5's that were up for renewal renewed this season. That shocked me!

IMO...that's gonna speak volumes to the management at TNSE. They can't ignore that...and it's gonna drain that wait list FAST! If you're on the wait list, I'd expect to get a call soon (likely with an offer for P5's). Once the wait list is gone, I expect TN to step up their game and provide other perks to ST holders and provide more "value" ala the Oilers. 50% has gotta be a much lower renewal number than they were expecting. I was guessing 80% and I thought that might be low...
Count me as a P5er who didn't renew.

I wonder if True North monitors/visits this site for an unscientific anecdotal survey of their STH.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
P3, P4 and P5 season ticket holders who've been in since the beginning in 2011 were all up for renewal this year. That's approximately 40% of the seats in the arena.

A 50% renewal rate would surprise me, though I think overall for this cycle 60%-70% sounds right.

P5s are probably less desirable since they're the highest priced tickets in the upper bowl (not including loge seats) and the sight lines for some of them have degraded since the introduction of those loge seats. A 50% renewal rate for that section doesn't seem unreasonable. I'd expect P3 and P4 to do better...but the inexorable rise in prices and the prospect of facing 5% increases every year for the duration of the deal will drive many out.

I knew it was just a matter of time before someone brought up the Logeheads. You would think if they were a factor, it would lower interest in the P6 seats, too. And once you get up into the P7 rows, the loges have no effect on the sight lines.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Count me as a P5er who didn't renew.

I wonder if True North monitors/visits this site for an unscientific anecdotal survey of their STH.
I'm sure they get a lot more scientific data directly from the fans. They used to do a survey but I didn't see one the last couple of years...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I knew it was just a matter of time before someone brought up the Logeheads. You would think if they were a factor, it would lower interest in the P6 seats, too. And once you get up into the P7 rows, the loges have no effect on the sight lines.
Didn't the loge seats get built a few months after the P5's last renewal? There's probably some resentment about that. And to go from what were probably the best bang-for-buck seats in the arena to obstructed views... I mean I talk about feeling like we were being taken for granted because prices rise faster than inflation and convenience/experience degrades - but how would those folks feel? 50% renewal for the P5s doesn't really shock me.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
[QUOTE="KingBogo, post: 160527521, member: 141435" Luckily we still have the wait list to fall back on.[/QUOTE]
Luckily we still have $50 million a year from city council to fall back on.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm in row 7 and I might be fortunate with the people in the loge near me but I'm not bothered by them. I can't see the far corner very well on my side but that's mainly because I'm in a goal line seat. Takes a second to look up at the screen.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
*Gulp* I’m on the Wait List in the 600’s and want P7’s for reasons you stated above. I have no interest in P5’s because the there’s too many sight obstructions along the near boards and the price point is a little high...

Will be interesting if I get a call and what my options are...

Limited...

You have the right to decline a seat offer only once. In the event you choose to decline the first seat offer, no other offer will be made available to you before the following season. If you decline a second seat offer, your name will be moved to the bottom of the priority ranking list for future season seat package opportunities.

So you can decline this year, and when P6 and P7 are up next year you can be in at your desired price for 2020-21.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So you can decline this year, and when P6 and P7 are up next year you can be in at your desired price for 2020-21.

One thing to keep in mind is that due to all the shuffling, dropouts, etc. not all the seats in certain price ranges are coming due at the same time anymore. IE.. I have P6 and I know for a fact my renewal is not the same as most P6 people. And it's the same for all price points. You have the standard calendar dates for people that have been in their price range since day 1 , but not everyone follows that anymore.

You really have no idea or control over what TNSE offers you.

Say you want to relocate to P7... TNSE offers you P5... you use your 1 free decline to say no because you don't want P5. A year rolls by and someone walks away from their P2 seats , so TNSE thinks they are doing you a solid and offers these seats to you. Now what do you do? If you take them they are out of your budget , if you turn them down you go to the back of the bus..

The waiting list is like playing roulette. You have no idea what is going to come up.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
One thing to keep in mind is that due to all the shuffling, dropouts, etc. not all the seats in certain price ranges are coming due at the same time anymore. IE.. I have P6 and I know for a fact my renewal is not the same as most P6 people. And it's the same for all price points. You have the standard calendar dates for people that have been in their price range since day 1 , but not everyone follows that anymore.

You really have no idea or control over what TNSE offers you.

Say you want to relocate to P7... TNSE offers you P5... you use your 1 free decline to say no because you don't want P5. A year rolls by and someone walks away from their P2 seats , so TNSE thinks they are doing you a solid and offers these seats to you. Now what do you do? If you take them they are out of your budget , if you turn them down you go to the back of the bus..

The waiting list is like playing roulette. You have no idea what is going to come up.
If P5's are renewing at 50% and say P4 and P3 are renewing at 75%, that means about 1,800 seats will be up for grabs. How many people are on the waiting list...?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If P5's are renewing at 50% and say P4 and P3 are renewing at 75%, that means about 1,800 seats will be up for grabs. How many people are on the waiting list...?

Other than the initial 8,000 seats ( published at the time ) that were on the waiting list ...which doesn't equate to people , because each person on the waiting list could take up to 4 seats, you probably started anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 people, and if people were replaced that would probably be the max at anyone time.

But who knows... since TNSE doesn't publish the numbers. If you really want an accurate number it will cost you $100... just join the list and they will tell you what place you are in. ;)

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I don't know the details on other cities but perhaps it's time for True North to drop the multi year commitment.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Other than the initial 8,000 seats ( published at the time ) that were on the waiting list ...which doesn't equate to people , because each person on the waiting list could take up to 4 seats, you probably started anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 people, and if people were replaced that would probably be the max at anyone time.

But who knows... since TNSE doesn't publish the numbers. If you really want an accurate number it will cost you $100... just join the list and they will tell you what place you are in. ;)

@Sabadecade posted this last year:

2011-12 Missed out on STH but got on the Wait List #202 (2 Seats) – 100$ Fee
2012-13 Got the call for Seats in P5 (Front to Back), Joined the Wait List again #2507 (2 Seats) – 100$ Fee
2013-14 Wait List #2077 (Up 430 spots) – 100$ in Account
2014-15 Wait List #1882 (Up 195 spots) – 200$ in Account
2015-16 Upgraded to Loge Seats and still on the Wait List #1615 (Up 267 spots) – 300$ in Account
2016-17 Wait List #1352 (Up 263 spots) – 400$ in Account
2017-18 Wait List #1001 (Up 351 spots) – 500$ in Account
2018-19 Wait List #720 (Up 281 spots) – 600$ in Account
We'll see where this leads in a couple of years...

The only STH renewals last year would've been P6/P7 seat holders who opted for 4 year renewals after 2013-14 (the original agreement for those STHs was 3 season: 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and they had the option to lock in for up to 6 or 7 years I believe). Even if 25% of P6/P7s took the 4 year option after their first deal, that's only 1100 seats - and with a 75% renewal rate, that would mean only 275 seats (137 pairs, +1 single) would've hit the market.

Sabadecade joined the list for the 2nd time in the summer of 2012 at position 2507. I can't imagine there are a lot of people behind him...aside from those who got shuffled to the back after rejecting offers, I guess. I would be surprised if there are more than 1200 remaining on the list.

Does anyone here have a position from last summer 1000 or higher?

This year is going to see MASSIVE movement in the list. Possibly the end of the list (except for those hanging on for specific sections only).

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I don't know the details on other cities but perhaps it's time for True North to drop the multi year commitment.

I can live with the multi-year commitment, just make it more beneficial.

This is Nashville's perks for making a multi year commitment:
  • 50 percent average savings on Stanley Cup Playoff tickets
  • 45 percent average savings off Box Office pricing for regular-season home games
  • 20 percent Predators Team Store and NashvilleLockerRoom.com discount, subject to restrictions
  • 10 percent concession discounts
  • Ticket price increase won't exceed four percent per year for duration of your commitment
  • First priority access to purchase 2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic tickets
  • Complimentary meeting space in Bridgestone Arena, subject to availability
  • First priority access to purchase additional full-season tickets, if they become available
  • Access to tickets for 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff home games
  • First priority access to presale offers for Bridgestone Arena events and Preds games
  • 12-month, interest-free monthly payment plans
  • 10 Exchange Nights, for games you can't attend*
  • Access to the 7th Man Marketplace**
  • Personalized My Smashville Tix account
  • A dedicated Guest Experience Team Member
  • Priority access to PredsFest
  • Smashville Rewards account***
  • 10,000 Smashville Rewards points for extending your plan
  • Access to select private Predators morning skates
  • Private Team Store shopping day for Season-Ticket Citizens
  • 2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic themed gift
  • Loyal Legion face-off gift with soccer-style scarf
  • Loyal Legion member card with lanyard
  • Loyal Legion holiday gift
  • Loyal Legion sun visor
The Jets give you:

- Up to 75% per seat per game over the price of individual tickets
- Jets rewards
- 15 % off store purchases
- seat holder of the game ( 1 in ~15,000 chance of winning, or never more likely )

*** And NOTE: Nashville actually has a one time cancellation fee, based on seat value ( $300 - $1200 per seat ) regardless of how many years are left on your contract... without the threat of being sued by the hockey club.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

• 45 percent average savings off Box Office pricing for regular-season home games
  • 20 percent Predators Team Store and NashvilleLockerRoom.com discount, subject to restrictions
  • Ticket price increase won't exceed four percent per year for duration of your commitment
  • First priority access to purchase additional full-season tickets, if they become available
  • First priority access to presale offers for Bridgestone Arena events and Preds games
  • Loyal Legion sun visor
The Jets give you:

- Jets rewards
- seat holder of the game ( 1 in ~15,000 chance of winning, or never more likely )

*** And NOTE: Nashville actually has a one time cancellation fee, based on seat value ( $300 - $1200 per seat ) regardless of how many years are left on your contract... without the threat of being sued by the hockey club.
You forgot the annual key chain, luggage tag, puck, pin, etc. that comes with your season ticket package. ;)

I wonder if they'll even continue with that next year, now that it's going totally digital.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB

I hope they drop the multi-year commitment "requirement" as well. I'm guessing that they would still offer it as an option, if they did.

Perhaps they're holding back on some STH perk ideas in order to split them up into tiers such as those who go with multi-year commitments vs. those who don't. etc.

Regarding my wait list position. I re-joined early on because it worked well for me but also for two main reasons:
1. To ensure I would be able to get out of my front-to-back seats I had just signed up for, which happened before my original TPA was completed with the construction of the loges.
2. To potentially get another set of seats, possibly with my group at the time or splinter off and create another group... essentially to create more options for me down the road.

It's working out quite well as my number is getting close to being called at a time where there is high turnover (and possibly added selection) as well as my current TPA is up for renewal (lucky timing), giving me more options, leverage, or confidence at least, when it comes to my next TPA.
Mainly because I have an option many don't, letting one set of seats go for another on my own terms, without losing deposits while fully using up my wait list investment.

Also, I have to say I have been managing an awesome group of share partners, which has been key.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

• Loyal Legion sun visor
The Jets give you:

- Jets rewards

You forgot the promise to keep increases to only 5%!

Reactions: cbcwpg

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I'll just throw this out there. Several years ago (I think 2013) I joined the season ticket waiting list, even though I live in Edmonton. The thinking was that it would give me a good excuse to take one of my kids to Winnipeg to visit a couple times per year, and sell off the remaining tickets (hopefully at a profit).

As time has gone by, that no longer seems like a viable plan. Am I correct that people are having problems selling their season tickets reliably online? I know it's no problem to be able to buy single game tickets, so there's no reason from that perspective to need to have season tickets.

If that is so - I now have I think $500 sunk in my wait list account. I'm aware of the principle of "sunk costs", but is it possible to "sell" your wait lost spot (even at a partial loss)?

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg

The "multiple options" in P6 were honestly not that good. Granted, I am pretty picky with where I prefer to sit in the arena due to access, and washrooms. Because very few P6's and P7's were up for renewal this year, the pickings were SLIM! I'm sure next year will be a whole different story as I believe the bulk of those tickets will be up for renewal.

That being said, it was a completely different vibe from our ticket rep than what we've experienced in the past. He seemed much more interested in us personally. He was very engaged and never made us feel rushed in any way. Instead of the "take it or leave it" attitude, it seemed like he was working hard to try to find a solution for us. Because we were actively considering new seats, he would often respond to my email or phone call within half hour. I was skeptical because of my past dealings with my ticket rep's, but they delivered in a big way.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I'll just throw this out there. Several years ago (I think 2013) I joined the season ticket waiting list, even though I live in Edmonton. The thinking was that it would give me a good excuse to take one of my kids to Winnipeg to visit a couple times per year, and sell off the remaining tickets (hopefully at a profit).

As time has gone by, that no longer seems like a viable plan. Am I correct that people are having problems selling their season tickets reliably online? I know it's no problem to be able to buy single game tickets, so there's no reason from that perspective to need to have season tickets.

If that is so - I now have I think $500 sunk in my wait list account. I'm aware of the principle of "sunk costs", but is it possible to "sell" your wait lost spot (even at a partial loss)?

The last season I had seats in P6 I had a lot of trouble with certain games I couldn’t make it to. Granted the team missed the playoffs that year. There were 3 or 4 games I couldn’t find people for a fair bit less than my cost and I just donated them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: