HFJets STH renewal 2019

For those STH up for renewal this year, are you, or is your group renewing?

• Total voters

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I see from the email this morning that even the annual Paint the Rink event now requires use of Jets points to attend on Sunday. So for a family of four I have to redeem 2,000 points for an event that used to be openly free to ST holders.

By comparison, I am going to Blue Bombers Fan Fest at IGF on Saturday afternoon to pick up my ST. Free admission to everyone (even non-ST holders). Kids get to go on the field do activities (usually jumping in an inflated structure, tackling dummies, throwing target practice, kicking field goals, etc). Get to meet current and past Bomber players for autographs who are very accessible to ST holders. Also Let’s Talk officiating sessions with CFL official. And everyone in attendance gets free drink, hotdog, and mini doughnuts.

Hmmm.....

Yeah, but I'll bet you don't get to paint the field. ;)

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
It was good to see everyone's perspective on this. Thanks for all your input! We had a group of four tickets up for renewal in P5 this year and only renewed two of them. We have requested relocation into P7's but our ticket rep absolutely refused to move us until the "relocation process" begins. He said this will be occurring in May.

To be clear, we had to commit to renewing first. I actually spoke with the Director of Ticketing and he said every effort would be made to relocate us into the price range we requested. We will see if they actually stay true to their word.

If we do end up getting stuck with our current P5's, it's okay...we can afford them...and we actually like our seats. But we would much rather have a lower overall cost as I feel it will be way easier to unload tickets at a cheaper price point.

One positive note that I will say about our ticket rep...he is responsive. Even if I'm not thrilled with all his answers to my questions, he does answer every one in a timely manner (within one business day). We could've decided to not renew anything this year, but we decided to renew two tickets anyway. We'll see if they're able to keep their word and move us to a section that's more suitable for us...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It was good to see everyone's perspective on this. Thanks for all your input! We had a group of four tickets up for renewal in P5 this year and only renewed two of them. We have requested relocation into P7's but our ticket rep absolutely refused to move us until the "relocation process" begins. He said this will be occurring in May.

To be clear, we had to commit to renewing first. I actually spoke with the Director of Ticketing and he said every effort would be made to relocate us into the price range we requested. We will see if they actually stay true to their word.

If we do end up getting stuck with our current P5's, it's okay...we can afford them...and we actually like our seats. But we would much rather have a lower overall cost as I feel it will be way easier to unload tickets at a cheaper price point.

One positive note that I will say about our ticket rep...he is responsive. Even if I'm not thrilled with all his answers to my questions, he does answer every one in a timely manner (within one business day). We could've decided to not renew anything this year, but we decided to renew two tickets anyway. We'll see if they're able to keep their word and move us to a section that's more suitable for us...
Im mostly curious how you haven't had a "like" in 7 years ;) but this was an informative post.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Im mostly curious how you haven't had a "like" in 7 years ;) but this was an informative post.

Aw ****, now I had to throw a "pity like" his way. :laugh:

I threw a like his way as well. After all, your "like" doesn't really count since you're nobody important (Dad joke!)

Guys...I'm good. I'm not an attention hungry millenial who gets his sense of worth off the likes of fellow Jets fans who I've never met...but thanks for the sentiment.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
And you get a like for not being an attention hungry millenial. :laugh:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Channelcat

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
Its interesting how many complaints are directed at the customer service level... which quite frankly seems to get worse, 2-3 times this season I had TN staff members verbally abuse me to the point of gross unprofessionalism).

* the digital ticketing platform is horrible, and the Jets are clearly pandering directly to ticketmaster by committing to it. What on earth was wrong with the print at home version (or the cards)?... several times this season I was stuck waiting at the gate waiting for the ticket to DL. Makes it difficult on seniors, I gave tickets to my 70+ yr old parents. They don't have an iphone... the will call process was a fiasco and they missed most of the 1st period of the game they went to due to TN incompetence. They had to call me to sort it all out while I was out of town. Not at all what I envisioned when I gave them the tickets, and entirely avoidable. And just to be clear, I have attended games in Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal this year... all had a printed ticket option.

* I purchased an additional pair of ticket to the Oct game vs the Oilers this year (we share tickets and I didn't have the game) ... I bought the tickets directly through the Jets website via ticketmaster. Turns out I got sent out of the town for work, so I tried to sell them via seat exchange (which TN insists is the only way to do that sort of thing)... turns out because I bought them outside of my regular tickets I could not post them on seat exchange because they were considered a ticketmaster purchase and not a Jets ticket purchase (please make sense of that for me). Ultimately I had to eat the tickets (as in not sell them)... and I also couldn't believe the "non-season ticket" mark up on the price. How on earth that couldn't be resolved I still don't get, but my ticket rep was particularly useless in this endeavor.

*I also didn't like how payment for the 2019-20 regular season / 2019 Playoff tickets and tickets to the Heritage Classic were all due within weeks of each other. Surely that could have been thought out a little better.

Last edited:
Reactions: blues10

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Its interesting how many complaints are directed at the customer service level... which quite frankly seems to get worse, 2-3 times this season I had TN staff members verbally abuse me to the point of gross unprofessionalism).

* the digital ticketing platform is horrible, and the Jets are clearly pandering directly to ticketmaster by committing to it. What on earth was wrong with the print at home version (or the cards)?... several times this season I was stuck waiting at the gate waiting for the ticket to DL. Makes it difficult on seniors, I gave tickets to my 70+ yr old parents. They don't have an iphone... the will call process was a fiasco and they missed most of the 1st period of the game they went to due to TN incompetence. They had to call me to sort it all out while I was out of town. Not at all what I envisioned when I gave them the tickets, and entirely avoidable. ANd just to be clear, I have attended games in Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal this year... all had a printed ticket option.

* I purchased an additional pair of ticket to the Oct game vs the Oilers this year (we share tickets and I didn't have the game) ... I bought the tickets directly through the Jets website via ticketmaster. Turns out I got sent out of the town for work, so I tried to sell them via seat exchange (which TN insists is the only way to do that sort of thing)... turns out because I bought them outside of my regular tickets I could not post them on seat exchange because they were considered a ticketmaster purchase and not a Jets ticket purchase (please make sense of that for me). Ultimately I had to eat the tickets (as in not sell them). How on earth that couldn't be resolved I still don't get, but my ticket rep was particularly useless in this endeavor.

*I also didn't like how payment for the 2019-20 regular season / 2019 Playoff tickets and tickets to the Heritage Classic were all due within weeks of each other. Surely that could have been though out a little better.
There's no real pressure to fix what TNSE doesn't consider broken. Apparently there's some pressure to break what's working though...

Reactions: buggs

Joryh

Mar 26, 2016
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster!

Guys! I get being upset with customer service. But to those that say they’ve been verbally assulted and treated poorly? Really. I doubt it. I work in customer service and typically you get rated poorly if you can’t do what the customer wants. Regardless of how you treat them. Can’t get relocated? Have you thought that maybe it’s due to there being no where to relocate to? Or were you insensed that you took it personally and now claim to have been “mistreated”?

Also whoever posted about “keeping the franchise a float for 8 years”. My man. Grow up. You are not some key contributor to the success of the team. You pay for the tickets, you get the tickets. There’s a long list of people that want your tickets, and your privilege of being a ticket holder is just that, tickets. Never sign up for a service expecting more that the base reward or you’ll always feel jilted. If you think paying for season tickets is a bad gig, maybe cause you can’t relocate, or have had a hard time selling tickets or whatever, then leave. Posting here about some perceived moral high ground makes you sound like Larry David/Grumpier Old Men.

And I say all this an original day one ticket holder. I have had nothing but positive, prompt support. And yes my seats were obstructed by the loge seating as well.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
*I also didn't like how payment for the 2019-20 regular season / 2019 Playoff tickets and tickets to the Heritage Classic were all due within weeks of each other. Surely that could have been thought out a little better.

They have really begun to lose touch with the average fan. As has been discussed previously. It really appears that they have a corporate base on the wait list that will replace those that can’t cough up large sums of money over a 2 week- 1 pay check time frame.

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place

Guys! I get being upset with customer service. But to those that say they’ve been verbally assulted and treated poorly? Really. I doubt it. I work in customer service and typically you get rated poorly if you can’t do what the customer wants. Regardless of how you treat them. Can’t get relocated? Have you thought that maybe it’s due to there being no where to relocate to? Or were you insensed that you took it personally and now claim to have been “mistreated”?

If you call being sworn at (which I have been twice this year by TN employees - quite frankly over nothing each time) acceptable, then I question your ability to make such judgements.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Also whoever posted about “keeping the franchise a float for 8 years”. My man. Grow up. You are not some key contributor to the success of the team. You pay for the tickets, you get the tickets. There’s a long list of people that want your tickets, and your privilege of being a ticket holder is just that, tickets. Never sign up for a service expecting more that the base reward or you’ll always feel jilted. If you think paying for season tickets is a bad gig, maybe cause you can’t relocate, or have had a hard time selling tickets or whatever, then leave. Posting here about some perceived moral high ground makes you sound like Larry David/Grumpier Old Men.

And I say all this an original day one ticket holder. I have had nothing but positive, prompt support. And yes my seats were obstructed by the loge seating as well.
Let me give you your 1st like. Getting tickets to games is what you pay for. On another note I got a text today from a guy I use to work with who is now retired and he finally got the call that after 8 years on the wait list he was being offered ST. He was super pumped and the perfect ST holder. Passionate about hockey, very comfortable financially and life has slowed down a bit so easy to work most of the 41 home games into his lifestyle. He was also pretty prophetic back when we first got the team back. He knew I was part of a ST group and he missed out lucking out on the 1st morning frenzy of people scooping up the tickets. He called that a lot of ST holders wouldn't last because they were buying in beyond what was comfortable to afford. They will juggle for awhile but won't be able to maintain over the long term. He even called 6-8 years. Good for him.

Reactions: Sabadecade

iannn

Jan 7, 2010

Great post. I'm also a day one STH and my experiences have been nothing but positive. I consider being able to support TNSE and the Jets (or as some posters say, 'keep the franchise afloat') a benefit of being a STH, not something that they owe me for. I WANT to support this franchise and keep them here as long as possible.

It's also been my experience in life that customers with mentalities like we've seen in this thread are typically ones companies don't really mind losing. I'm not surprised some people have had negative experiences, but I'm much more inclined to believe it's a result of their own attitudes and not TNSE.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Great post. I'm also a day one STH and my experiences have been nothing but positive. I consider being able to support TNSE and the Jets (or as some posters say, 'keep the franchise afloat') a benefit of being a STH, not something that they owe me for. I WANT to support this franchise and keep them here as long as possible.

It's also been my experience in life that customers with mentalities like we've seen in this thread are typically ones companies don't really mind losing. I'm not surprised some people have had negative experiences, but I'm much more inclined to believe it's a result of their own attitudes and not TNSE.

I understand what you are trying to say. But let me counter with this. Since being a season seat holder from the start I've had increases each year, removal of regular tickets, removal of option to print tickets, removal of two types of cards for entrance, increased concession costs, removal of the right to leaving building during game, game program reduced to a poster line-up, having to use points to attend event that was free ( paint the rink) reduced give-aways at the end of games and even limited quantities given out. In return added was Jets reward points and a fan forum. Usually when you are a customer for awhile loyalty is something companies appreciate and often reward such as cable company giving better rates, free boxes etc. I can't say that I truly feel valued as a customer by True North, it feels more like take it or leave it.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
The fact of the matter is unless you sell your tickets on seat exchange for cost, you are not getting a sale. Next year is gonna be worse. If this is a get rich quick scheme for you guys, you might want to invest in pot stocks instead. Long live ACB and WEED! GJG!

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If you call being sworn at (which I have been twice this year by TN employees - quite frankly over nothing each time) acceptable, then I question your ability to make such judgements.

Uh huh, and I'm sure you were being just a perfect little angel and this swearing came about for no good reason. :sarcasm:

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
I understand what you are trying to say. But let me counter with this. Since being a season seat holder from the start I've had increases each year, removal of regular tickets, removal of option to print tickets, removal of two types of cards for entrance, increased concession costs, removal of the right to leaving building during game, game program reduced to a poster line-up, having to use points to attend event that was free ( paint the rink) reduced give-aways at the end of games and even limited quantities given out. In return added was Jets reward points and a fan forum. Usually when you are a customer for awhile loyalty is something companies appreciate and often reward such as cable company giving better rates, free boxes etc. I can't say that I truly feel valued as a customer by True North, it feels more like take it or leave it.

Removal of regular tickets / forced digital ticketing
This has almost nothing to do with TNSE. This is a push by the NHL as a whole, and many other NHL teams have the exact same thing (Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto, etc). The NFL as a whole has moved to digital ticketing, and many NBA teams have as well. This is a reality of the digital age, and regardless of what you believe it does have some benefits to consumers. I guarantee you in 5 years it will be the case for every team in the NHL.

Removal of the right to leaving building during game
Again something that has almost nothing to do with TNSE. This is standard at almost all sporting events I have attended (CFL games, NFL games, NHL games, NBA etc). This is something that I was surprised was ever allowed, and is certainly the standard. You know you can't leave bomber games either right?

Game program reduced to a poster line-up
This is such an insignificant complaint that it feels like you're really reaching. I would bet that probably 60% of printed game programs were thrown away, wasted, or left on the ground. I have seen hundreds of them left in seats or sitting on the ground.

Having to use points to attend event that was free ( paint the rink)
This is just entitlement here. It was free before so it should be free forever? This is an event that is put on by TNSE for no benefit of their own, and they likely have a reason to charge points for it that is not based in greed. This event loses TNSE money. It is something done for the community.

I think you need to re-evaluate your qualms with TNSE. All of your complaints are based on your perceived expectations about what they should do for you outside of providing you with a ticket to attend a Jets game. TNSE and the Jets do not exist to make you feel valued. It is very much a take it or leave it agreement, because there are a ton of other fans who do appreciate what TNSE has done for this city and don't have the level of entitlement you do who will easily take your place.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Removal of the right to leaving building during game
Again something that has almost nothing to do with TNSE. This is standard at almost all sporting events I have attended (CFL games, NFL games, NHL games, NBA etc). This is something that I was surprised was ever allowed, and is certainly the standard. You know you can't leave bomber games either right?

Google it, Look it up on TSNE web site. They publicly stated that the reason for the no re-entry policy was because fans in the lower bowl were complaining about the cold air being let in. They stated this even though they closed the doors that exit and enter into a heated mall at the south end. People were leaving and coming back all the time with no cold air quality issues. The "real" reason for the policy change... 100's if not 1000's of people were leaving at intermission to buy food and drinks at other venues around the arena. Period. It was a way to make sure people spend their money in the arena.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I think you need to re-evaluate your qualms with TNSE. All of your complaints are based on your perceived expectations about what they should do for you outside of providing you with a ticket to attend a Jets game. TNSE and the Jets do not exist to make you feel valued. It is very much a take it or leave it agreement, because there are a ton of other fans who do appreciate what TNSE has done for this city and don't have the level of entitlement you do who will easily take your place.

It's not about perceived expectations. Read the complaints... most of them have to do with something that was there on day 1 and has been taken away. It's not that the fans are saying we want "A" and TNSE is not giving us "A"... most of the complaints are because we had "A" and then TNSE took it away.

Use your computer and do some searches... The Winnipeg Jets by far have the worst Season Ticket Holder benefits in the NHL. It's not even close.

And as far as people taking STH places... it's dying. Most people now realize they can cheaply go to any game they want without having to have STs. And if they wait they will get tickets at ST cost or less, given the number of STHs trying to sell tickets each game. I give it one more round of seat renewals, and there will no longer be a waiting list.

Last edited:

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
Google it, Look it up on TSNE web site. They publicly stated that the reason for the no re-entry policy was because fans in the lower bowl were complaining about the cold air being let in. They stated this even though they closed the doors that exit and enter into a heated mall at the south end. People were leaving and coming back all the time with no cold air quality issues. The "real" reason for the policy change... 100's if not 1000's of people were leaving at intermission to buy food and drinks at other venues around the arena. Period. It was a way to make sure people spend their money in the arena.

Of course it is. The same way it is at literally every other sporting event. It's even the same at Bombers games lol. It's a way to manage security risks and make more money. This is standard practice at almost every major and semi-major sporting event. It was abnormal for it to be allowed in the first place.

It seems like if you had it your way TNSE would operate at a loss to keep fans from complaining about irrelevant things. Guess what that leads to? A shitty (or no) Jets team. Our organization is much better to it's fans than they get credit for. If you really want to know what bad ownership is like go talk to some Sens or Oilers fans. They would kill to have our ownership group and organization.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Of course it is. The same way it is at literally every other sporting event. It's even the same at Bombers games lol. It's a way to manage security risks and make more money. This is standard practice at almost every major and semi-major sporting event. It was abnormal for it to be allowed in the first place.

It seems like if you had it your way TNSE would operate at a loss to keep fans from complaining about irrelevant things. Guess what that leads to? A ****ty (or no) Jets team. Our organization is much better to it's fans than they get credit for. If you really want to know what bad ownership is like go talk to some Sens or Oilers fans. They would kill to have our ownership group and organization.

It’s not as if TNSE decided to go out on a limb and do something new. At the time that they did this they were one of only a half dozen venues in the NHL that allowed re-entry. I think some people are just hellbent about complaining about anything and everything.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

It seems like if you had it your way TNSE would operate at a loss to keep fans from complaining about irrelevant things. Guess what that leads to? A ****ty (or no) Jets team. Our organization is much better to it's fans than they get credit for. If you really want to know what bad ownership is like go talk to some Sens or Oilers fans. They would kill to have our ownership group and organization.

So in otherwords you agree that's it's OK to lie to your customer base and such a bad lie because TNSE thinks it's customers are idiots and will believe whatever they are told?

I'm not against the real reason. Locking the doors to keep people in the venue so they can't spend money else where makes sense. But then just say that. Instead TNSE comes out with some BS excuse that everyone knows is BS. TNSE lies to their customers as a whole and on an individual basis. And this was just one example.

The funny thing is, with most other teams the customers complain about team ownership because of poor results on the ice and they are just frustrated, yet in Winnipeg the results on the ice are fine. It's how the customers are treated when the team is doing well, that makes for an interesting way to run a business. What happens when the team really does poorly for an extended time... any benefits STHs had left are removed... and prices keep going up at a compounded 5 % each year?

Hey it's OK. As long as enough people keep drinking the koolaid I guess it will work out for them, but the list of customers willing to do so is getting smaller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->