HFJets STH renewal 2019

For those STH up for renewal this year, are you, or is your group renewing?

• Total voters

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Can't answer yet.

Out of six guys in our group one is dropping out for sure. Another wants to go from 10 games down to 5. One hasn't made up his mind yet. I'm already carrying 15 games, I have no desire to carry 30 (which would assure me of 3 preseason games each season, among other issues like travel and subsequent resale of tix).

Reactions: ps241

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
God damn I wish I could. The burden of travel is hard enough for 2 games a year.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Our ST aren't up for renewal, but when they are we will renew without question. We have a very stable group of 4 guys for 2 tickets at a comfortable price point and amount of games for all. I usually get about 14 games 1/2 where I have both tickets and 1/2 where I go with someone else in the group.

I just realized we now have 2 season ticket threads going.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Our ST aren't up for renewal, but when they are we will renew without question. We have a very stable group of 4 guys for 2 tickets at a comfortable price point and amount of games for all. I usually get about 14 games 1/2 where I have both tickets and 1/2 where I go with someone else in the group.

I just realized we now have 2 season ticket threads going.
Perhaps the mods can add the poll to the other thread. I couldn't find an option to disable comments on this one.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I’m in both Jets and Moose season ticket groups and can say that we will be stopping our Moose groups as 3 people want out.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I will renew but might need another ticket partner.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
My seat agreement does not expire until end of 2019-20. According to my rep, "Seat Holder Agreement is a legal-binding contract so there is no opportunity to opt-out prior to the expiration". My financial standing has drastically changed since I signed my agreement 5 years ago. Has anyone here had any experience terminating their agreement prior to expiration?

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
We renewed, but like others, we added a third person to our pair of seats. The amount of games became too much when they are difficult to sell at STH value.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
My seat agreement does not expire until end of 2019-20. According to my rep, "Seat Holder Agreement is a legal-binding contract so there is no opportunity to opt-out prior to the expiration". My financial standing has drastically changed since I signed my agreement 5 years ago. Has anyone here had any experience terminating their agreement prior to expiration?

Pretty sure you can get out of your contract, you just will forfeit your deposit.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I can’t see TrueNorth going to the extent of suing you if you were to opt out due to financial reasons. That would be public relations suicide.

Reactions: Hobble

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Pretty sure you can get out of your contract, you just will forfeit your deposit.
That's why they asked for a small deposit. You get out you lose it. No biggie.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
My P3 s seats (pair) have gone up from $94 to $120 per ticket next year in 2019-20. With the new 5 % increase rule .... if I renew for 4 years at the end of 2019-20 these tickets could be costing me $150 per ticket by the end of that contract 5 years from now.

4 pre-season games would cost me $1200.

I have be footing the bill mostly alone so far..... At these rising costs I will have to get some partners or get out completly.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
My P3 s seats (pair) have gone up from $94 to $120 per ticket next year in 2019-20. With the new 5 % increase rule .... if I renew for 4 years at the end of 2019-20 these tickets could be costing me $150 per ticket by the end of that contract 5 years from now.

4 pre-season games would cost me $1200.

I have be footing the bill mostly alone so far..... At these rising costs I will have to get some partners or get out completly.
I feel your pain bro same here with our P4s in 222. The my in law, share partner leader, is gonna his money. For this I don’t yell True North anymore:mad:.

Guess Laine and Connor need a new Ferrari Testarossa ala Dr Dre. Funny they’ll buy it off Birchwood so Chipper can get a double dip.

I got a buddy to split my share next year at $1800 for 9 games 2 seats each as it was to much to bare. $900 for 4-5 games is easier to digest.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I would suggest to anyone that has season’s in their name to just find some share partners. If you have good seats that’s not going to be an issue. Then that leaves you in control of the tickets.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I would suggest to anyone that has season’s in their name to just find some share partners. If you have good seats that’s not going to be an issue. Then that leaves you in control of the tickets.
You sound like my STH rep. Not so easy these days. Many of the people who were STHer's around me during first 8 years have been slowly dwindling away. You can see the pattern. They lose interest (and probably the financial fortitude to continue forking over thousands of dollars a year) and start selling their tickets on the ticket exchange. Once their contract expires, they are gone. I saw far more non-regulars around me this year than I've seen any year prior. I'm a P6er in row 2 in the corner, so it's not like the seats suck.

Last edited:

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
BTW, just reviewed my Ticket Purchase Agreement and paragraph 10 reads as follows:

10. Default. In the event of default or failure by the Primary Account Holder to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement
(including, but not limited to, payment for Tickets, breach of the assignment, transfer and resale provisions, or breach of the
Winnipeg Jets Fan Code of Conduct), the Team shall be entitled to all rights available at law or in equity including, but not limited
to: (i) the termination of this Agreement, the Account and all Tickets whether for future Home Games or playoff games (revoking
the personal license represented thereby), without compensation to the Primary Account Holder; (ii) the right to resell any revoked
Tickets; (iii) retaining the Deposit referred to herein; (iv) retaining all amounts paid to the Team for such Tickets; and/or (v) the
commencement of legal action for any outstanding amounts owing for the remainder of the Term as well as for any other damages
the Team may suffer
. No failure or delay by the Team in the exercise of any remedy provided for in this Agreement shall be
construed to constitute a forfeiture or waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy available to the Team.

Sounds to me that they might sue me for the balance on my term if I let my account go into default by not selecting a payment plan by April 5, 2019.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I am not ready to bail just yet, but I am finding it harder and harder to see that tix are going up 5% yearly...I may be getting priced out.

I have 2 P3s for 10 games and bring one of my 3 boys for the other seat. I enjoy the games and it’s great to get to go to the games with my sons. I can make it work, but I am getting close to retirement and my wage has not been going up at all, never mind 5%. Going to have examine things a bit closer over the next year or two. It’s kind of sad...

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
When we inquired about not renewing a couple of seasons ago, they told us we would forfeit our deposit and that they would take us to court for breaching our contract. They actually threatened to sue us.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Having signed a new TPA when the loges were built, the 20/21 season is our "contract year" so after this current payment, we have to sign a new TPA. At this point next year our pricing will be brought in line with the other TPAs signed after 16/17. This means that our price jump next year will be more than the typical 3% and likely be closer to 5 or 6%. Likely for another 5 year term into 2025 (at 3% increases every year until then).

We have 5 group members currently. As the account owner/manager, I've proactively asked everyone if they were in for another 5 year term knowing all these details up front. Two have told me they are likely out of the group. The three remaining have been with me since the beginning and are family members. We are planning to try and "save" our ticket group. We went through a shuffle/change when we upgraded to loge seats, in less time than we have now so we feel confident that we can do so again, even with the seemingly waning interest.

As we have loge seats they are pretty expensive, however they are coveted. We have approximately one year to find at one or two new share partner to commit to a 5 year term for two seats to, up to a max of 11 games (approximately 3500$-4000$ a year, STH price, with a the possibility of drafting one pre-season game). I have some people in mind. Also, the industries some of my share partners work in involves quite a bit of networking with large and small businesses which might be interested as well. They may not want to commit to a 5 year term, it's still a good avenue to "sell off" some "expensive" tickets.

Worst case senario, we fold our group and start over from the beginning. I pro-actively joined the waitlist in 2012 and my number is currently at 720 as of August 2018. With the exodus that appears to be happening, I might be able to jump back in right away with a smaller group and tickets to more games at a lower price point. Not my preference but this is my backup plan.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm still waiting to see if we actually get an offer for different seats within our P3 area. We've been asking from the start with absolutely zero movement or even a hint of movement. I do believe the renewals will be lower going forward from this year based on conversations on here and with people that sit around us. We did renew for 3 more years so I'm hopeful that we're at the very least able to move closer to the aisle (we have seat 11/12 in a 24 seat row).

I'm 99% certain I won't renew when this contract is up. It's in my name so unless someone in the group is willing to pay the transfer fee ($500?) and the deposit ($750) over and above the cost of the cost of the seats our group will be done after 11 years. I'm thinking I might try to glom onto another group for about 5 games a year at that time but I'm no longer interested in the 15-20 games a year I attend.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I have a pretty solid group that split a full season in P5 and half season P7s. We were at 5, but I added one into our group last season to reduce the number of games I have to sell on kijiji.

I think we'll keep renewing for the foreseeable future. If we lose a member or two, I could see us dropping the P7s eventually.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
I might try to glom onto another group for about 5 games a year at that time but I'm no longer interested in the 15-20 games a year I attend.

This is how I feel the the future will settle in... Others have already said so in this thread as well. People will expand their groups to include more people to keep the costs down and accept going to less games. Those people they've added to their group likely came from other groups that have dissolved. etc.

More mini-packs will become available to people who don't want to sign up for a term commitment forgoing some of the STH price break and benefits (however few at the moment but are expected to grow).

Cherry picking games will always be an available option to those who want to do so, however I suspect they will become more rarely available at the STH price as the STH desperate to move their seats will become less as well.

Reactions: jefferoni

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

IIRC for the most part you lose your deposit, but as others have stated, they will probably want the amount owing on your contract as well. Then TNSE will turn around and sell your seats to someone else and double dip for the years remaining..

Reactions: gibber1600

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad