HFJets STH renewal 2019

For those STH up for renewal this year, are you, or is your group renewing?

• Total voters

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster!

Guys! I get being upset with customer service. But to those that say they’ve been verbally assulted and treated poorly? Really. I doubt it. I work in customer service and typically you get rated poorly if you can’t do what the customer wants. Regardless of how you treat them. Can’t get relocated? Have you thought that maybe it’s due to there being no where to relocate to? Or were you insensed that you took it personally and now claim to have been “mistreated”?

Also whoever posted about “keeping the franchise a float for 8 years”. My man. Grow up. You are not some key contributor to the success of the team. You pay for the tickets, you get the tickets. There’s a long list of people that want your tickets, and your privilege of being a ticket holder is just that, tickets. Never sign up for a service expecting more that the base reward or you’ll always feel jilted. If you think paying for season tickets is a bad gig, maybe cause you can’t relocate, or have had a hard time selling tickets or whatever, then leave. Posting here about some perceived moral high ground makes you sound like Larry David/Grumpier Old Men.

And I say all this an original day one ticket holder. I have had nothing but positive, prompt support. And yes my seats were obstructed by the loge seating as well.
You must work for TNSE. I got that same “you don’t like it then f*** off” attitude from them too. Your comments insinuating that being a season ticket holder is a privilege and your reference to the wait list were particularly on point.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You must work for TNSE. I got that same “you don’t like it then **** off” attitude from them too. Your comments insinuating that being a season ticket holder is a privilege and your reference to the wait list were particularly on point.

Probably isn't, but I would be ecstatic if Scott Brown or one of his team had the cojones to come onto this board and engage with the people in here. They could even tell us to f*** off once in a while, I would be OK with that. :laugh:

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
You must work for TNSE. I got that same “you don’t like it then **** off” attitude from them too. Your comments insinuating that being a season ticket holder is a privilege and your reference to the wait list were particularly on point.

I for one definitely DON’T work for TNSE. There’s a balance. On the one hand yes you’re paying for season tickets. I don’t understand why people that buy season tickets figure that TNSE owes them a debt of gratitude. They are selling a product and you’re willing to pay for it. Having said that no one should be treated with disrespect. I have had a few disagreements with them and they have always been respectful and endeavoured to accommodate. I’m sure if you’ve been disrespected and you escalated with senior management you would get an immediate apology.

It sounds like you’re bitter about something. They’re not holding a gun to your head. If you feel slighted or disrespected, simply move along.

Reactions: iannn

Joryh

Mar 26, 2016
As some have suggested I will clarify. I do not work for TNSE. I’m just a grumpy entitled customer who expects more than what is the agreed upon terms. I’m glad to see some more reasonable people chime in after my comment. This is a place for the negative loud few, and I thought I could inject a bit of reality, perspective and positivity into this.

Reactions: Sabadecade

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
As some have suggested I will clarify. I do not work for TNSE. I’m just a grumpy entitled customer who expects more than what is the agreed upon terms. I’m glad to see some more reasonable people chime in after my comment. This is a place for the negative loud few, and I thought I could inject a bit of reality, perspective and positivity into this.

Just like every seat in the arena is different so is every person's interaction with TNSE. Sure most people have probably had a good experience with customer support and TNSE in general. And that's fine, but you can't generalize and state that just because someone has a complaint, they don't have a legitimate complaint, and they are just being an a-hole on some forum.

In certain cases I have had great interactions with TNSE, but in other cases I have been blatantly lied to. And I have all the emails to back it up. So it varies from person to person.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
If some people are happy paying for season tickets and simply going to the games, great.

The reality is that less is now being provided for more $$$. Yes, STH still have tickets but as mentioned throughout the thread TNSE has taken away some things that ticket holders previously enjoyed. It’s really been about the way TNSE has delivered the message. They have never provided the STH with honest answers but rather treated the STH like a bunch of fools being led to the kool aid trough. Many STH saw though these claims and have since moved on. The silliest being having digital tickets to protect us STH. Protect me from what? They should just state why they are moving to a digital ticketing format without the animal dung. I have no issues with that, but rather the way the message is delivered.

Yup, STH can choose not to renew and many are taking that path. I renewed for now but they can be doing a much better job building relationships with their STH and maintaining that relationship.

Most major sporting teams in North America provide their STH with a few perks for their loyalty. Again, I’m not talking hats and t-shirts but the ability to trade tickets back in for tickets to another game (Nashville etc...)not purchasing pre- season games (Leafs etc...), selling below cost on a team approved platform, concession discount cards, interest free payments and much more. These are easy to do and help maintain loyalty. TNSE seems to do everything the hard way or simply our way and if you don’t like it we will replace you. It’s been like this since the seat selection process in 2011.

Here are some examples other teams have done in the past including some jerseys and things. Not important to me but perhaps more so to others.

Melnyk one of the most despised owners in the league has given STH a free jersey and a STH only free Eagles concert.

Even the Leafs have had for STH buy a slice of pizza get a free slice. Buy a popcorn get a free drink

Devils, have given a jersey every 5 years.

Pens have done 40% of at team store and a canvas print at Christmas.

This is older but gives an idea of what STH money gets you in some markets.

League-Wide Evaluation of STH Benefits

I’d be happy with 0% interest as offered by most teams, trade up to 8 games back in for additional tickets to another game. Sure a concession discount would be gravy and a team store discount with a higher value than most people get through their work would be nice too. The biggest thing would be for TNSE just tell the STH the truth behind changes rather than the junk they have been spewing in their emails.

The fact my season tickets and others went up more than 5% and TNSE did not reveal that to the STH is simply bad business practice. Just tell me you brought my seats in line with the new ticketing prices after the last TPA that I signed. Is it that hard to tell people that your tickets actually are going up 7% or whatever it works out to be.

For those STH that are content good for you. For those STH that expect some better treatment good for you too.

There are certainly 2 sides to everything.

TNSE has done the bare minimum to retain its STH and we will see what this looks like down the road. Yup, they are honouring everything in the TPA.

I don’t believe the wait list will go on forever and a pretty big chunk will be taken out of it this year.

Decent discussion amongst STH.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'll bet there are a lot of unsatisfied customers that never complain because they are fearful that TNSE will put them on some shit list that could affect them negatively down the line.

You would like to be relocated? Certainly, one moment please while I look you up and... oh, sorry doesn't look like anything's available. Or ever will be. However, rest assured that your many complaints to us in the 2013-14 season regarding concession prices, washroom lineups and uncomfortable seating are still being actively considered. We only want the best possible experience for you, our valued customer. :sarcasm:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Removal of regular tickets / forced digital ticketing
This has almost nothing to do with TNSE. This is a push by the NHL as a whole, and many other NHL teams have the exact same thing (Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto, etc). The NFL as a whole has moved to digital ticketing, and many NBA teams have as well. This is a reality of the digital age, and regardless of what you believe it does have some benefits to consumers. I guarantee you in 5 years it will be the case for every team in the NHL.
This has everything to do with True North as you mentioned other teams still have tickets. I have no problem with digital ticketing as a option but not forced. By the way I think you missed the point of what is being said. Let me clarify that things are being removed by True North and nothing is being added but higher costs. The problem with this type of business method is that ticket demand has decreased since the first season to the point it is hard sometimes to sell tickets at cost. People are dropping out and the only perk left is playoff tickets at a lower price than the general public. For many people that is not enough to say I'm staying as a seat holder. Especially now that playoff tickets are not hard to get anymore just expensive.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'll bet there are a lot of unsatisfied customers that never complain because they are fearful that TNSE will put them on some **** list that could affect them negatively down the line.

You would like to be relocated? Certainly, one moment please while I look you up and... oh, sorry doesn't look like anything's available. Or ever will be. However, rest assured that your many complaints to us in the 2013-14 season regarding concession prices, washroom lineups and uncomfortable seating are still being actively considered. We only want the best possible experience for you, our valued customer. :sarcasm:

Well, I can tell you that is not a myth. I was "discussing" a relocation with the Jets starting in the first season. And I kept asking and asking and asking. Six years later. a STH that sat in the exact same section and row as me got relocated to the exact seats that I have been asking to be relocated to. Fine, he was asking as well I thought. He was, except he hadn't even asked until the 7th season...He asked once, 6 years after me, and instantly got moved.

So, after talking to the Jets, they said they don't know what happened to my request each and every year. Well, after that discussion, I can guarantee there is a shit list and I'm on it. In not so many words, IMO, I have been told my only option for relocation is out of the building.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well, I can tell you that is not a myth. I was "discussing" a relocation with the Jets starting in the first season. And I kept asking and asking and asking. Six years later. a STH that sat in the exact same section and row as me got relocated to the exact seats that I have been asking to be relocated to. Fine, he was asking as well I thought. He was, except he hadn't even asked until the 7th season...He asked once, 6 years after me, and instantly got moved.

So, after talking to the Jets, they said they don't know what happened to my request each and every year. Well, after that discussion, I can guarantee there is a **** list and I'm on it. In not so many words, IMO, I have been told my only option for relocation is out of the building.

You were my inspiration. I was tempted to add, loosely based on true events. ;)

Reactions: cbcwpg

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
As a Bomber season ticket holder I had a GREAT time at Blue Bomber Fan Fest today. Got free hotdogs, free drinks, and free mini doughnuts for the whole family. Got to take the family down on to the field and take part in all the activities. Kids got free airbrushed tattoos, player autographs, and there were discounts at the Bomber shop. There must have been at least a couple of thousand fans there at minimum.

Picked up my season ticket package as well. In addition to tickets was provided free buddy tickets for a pre-season game, STH car decals, STH entry cards, STH lanyards, and free printed beverage cups.

What did I get last year as. Jets ST holder and spending 5x more on Jets season tickets? A Jets key chain in a box.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not just one thing - it's death by a thousand cuts and the feeling that you're being taken for granted. Prices up, enjoyment down. Unless there's an unlimited supply of suckers, this can't continue forever. Lucky for the Jets, there seems to be at least a limited supply of suckers.. ;)

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
As a Bomber season ticket holder I had a GREAT time at Blue Bomber Fan Fest today. Got free hotdogs, free drinks, and free mini doughnuts for the whole family. Got to take the family down on to the field and take part in all the activities. Kids got free airbrushed tattoos, player autographs, and there were discounts at the Bomber shop. There must have been at least a couple of thousand fans there at minimum.

Picked up my season ticket package as well. In addition to tickets was provided free buddy tickets for a pre-season game, STH car decals, STH entry cards, STH lanyards, and free printed beverage cups.

What did I get last year as. Jets ST holder and spending 5x more on Jets season tickets? A Jets key chain in a box.

Yes you’re paying 5x more for Jets season tickets but you’re getting close to 5x more games as well. The athletes also make on average much more than 5x more. Therefore let’s out that into perspective.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Toomuts

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As stated by Adam Lowry after that 7-1 loss to Colorado “the team is fat and comfortable”. Well I believe that’s also true for how the organization is run in terms of its paying customers.

I am a life time sucker season ticket holder because I love the team and the sport and am fortunate to be able to afford season tickets but to me as a season ticket holder it is the little things that make all the difference in keeping the paying fans coming back even when the team is point where they won’t be a contender for a stretch of years.

There are so many example of the small cuts that take away the little bit extra, but this is the NHL and it should have the extras when you’re paying $100-300 for a regular season game. The way paying fan and especially a season ticket holder should be treated to something special as a whole and when they go to a game should be standard. This is how you keep fans coming back.

One thing that bugged me other than the forced digital tickets was the removal of the In Flight programs for every game, I really like reading the stories on the player and the prospects and the charity work etc, now a get a f***in poster.. I guess they save on paper and the effort to write the stories..

Also I’ve been on the seat relocation list for 7 years with not even 1 offer, if I hear of a wait lister getting offered the seat location I requested over a loyal 8 year season ticket holder dropping close to $80 000 on the season tickets since the return, this life long loyal paying customer may not be one any longer...

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Tell your ticket rep that if you don't get what you want you'll stop buying cars from Chipman.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Yes you’re paying 5x more for Jets season tickets but you’re getting close to 5x more games as well. The athletes also make on average much more than 5x more. Therefore let’s out that into perspective.

Nope, the perks and conveniences should be proportional. A $10,600 Jets spend and getting a key chain does not even come close to what the Bombers give for a $2,000 spend. That’s the point.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
It’s not as if TNSE decided to go out on a limb and do something new. At the time that they did this they were one of only a half dozen venues in the NHL that allowed re-entry. I think some people are just hellbent about complaining about anything and everything.

It's not the policy, it's the attempted spin on the policy.

"Dont you see? we're doing this clearly anti-consumer practice for YOUR benefit."

Reactions: cbcwpg and blues10

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016

Nice if the bombers to spend taxpayer money on free food and drinks for 200 people

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
It’s not as if TNSE decided to go out on a limb and do something new. At the time that they did this they were one of only a half dozen venues in the NHL that allowed re-entry. I think some people are just hellbent about complaining about anything and everything.

And every other NHL rink I've been to aside from the Saddledome is like a freaking shopping mall. The 300's concourse here is like 4 bodies wide.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Nope, the perks and conveniences should be proportional. A $10,600 Jets spend and getting a key chain does not even come close to what the Bombers give for a $2,000 spend. That’s the point.

Really? What do the Bombers give you? I’m in on a suite and outside our first year which was 7 years ago we have gotten nothing!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
And every other NHL rink I've been to aside from the Saddledome is like a freaking shopping mall. The 300's concourse here is like 4 bodies wide.

It would help if groups of people wouldn't stand in the middle of them to carry on their conversations. They need to mark a big swath down the middle that is a no-standing zone. :mad:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad