HFJets STH renewal 2019

For those STH up for renewal this year, are you, or is your group renewing?

• Total voters

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I have had my season tickets since year one as well. Sorry but there is no point that makes any sense. I don’t need a cap or a jersey to feel appreciated. I am paying to go watch and support something that I love. Something that I missed out on for 16 prime years of my life and I’m not willing to lose that again.

The point isn't the jersey or anything like that. The point is that STH's were having fun and wearing flight helmets, that was banned. Helmet Pardy, that was shut down.

We don't need perks to want to go watch hockey games. It may sound like a minor thing but you can get tickets at season ticket holder prices if you really want. There isn't any "hey, thanks for being a customer all these years". That guy's story about Trouba was great, but it's definitely not the norm, and I bet that they do that whether he's a seat holder or not.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
The whole helmet Pardy thing was done to prevent insulting a very important franchise. That was TrueNorth making sure that they continue to earn respect among the league and it worked. As far as flight helmets I’m not aware of them being banned at all. In fact just saw a guy wearing one a few games ago... unless that’s changed since then?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The problem for me isn't the price so much as what you get as a STH. It's really just a token gesture - other teams give out jerseys, in-game benefits, etc. We get luggage tags and keychains. It's like they're doing us the favour by playing

I care less about free stuff and more about the terrible customer service provided. We’ve been on the relocation list for 7 years and raise it every year and haven’t receiver any reasonable offer or discussion on the matter. We feel we’ve exhausted all channels available. It’s ridiculous. There’s no appreciation for time and money invested into their product by STH’s. They can’t even reasonably listen to a concern and in our view they’ve made our seats obstructed view with changes they’ve made, specifically the loge seats. The chances of us signing another TPA after what we’ve went through during this one is zero without a relocation or adjustment in price point on our current seats.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I care less about free stuff and more about the terrible customer service provided. We’ve been on the relocation list for 7 years and raise it every year and haven’t receiver any reasonable offer or discussion on the matter. We feel we’ve exhausted all channels available. It’s ridiculous. There’s no appreciation for time and money invested into their product by STH’s. They can’t even reasonably listen to a concern and in our view they’ve made our seats obstructed view with changes they’ve made, specifically the loge seats. The chances of us signing another TPA after what we’ve went through during this one is zero without a relocation or adjustment in price point on our current seats.

This is it in a nutshell.

They consider anything negative being said as just whining about nothing. I also am in a seat that wasn't obstructed until the Loge was put in. I've been polite with them in discussing the issue and my desire to move ( even to more expensive seats ) and all I get is "we will make a note of it" . I have even asked them to have my rep sit in my seat so they can see first hand the problem... they refuse. Actually IMO, they have sat in my seat, and that's the problem. They have seen what the view is like and they know that nobody would want to sit there. So they won't relocate me , because they will just have the same issue with the next person that sits there.

But, this is just me, but I believe on the whole in regards to all customers....

This franchise is making a huge mistake by operating on the premise that there will always be someone to replace a dissatisfied customer who gets out.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
STH renewals aren’t about a jersey or hat but they are about feeling appreciated as a consumer. Yes, I pay money and get to watch live in person NHL hockey 10 minutes from my home. That was fantastic in 2011.

My group has contributed roughly $150 000 to the coffers of TNSE. 4 tickets P3

15 years ago I contributed $300 to the Manitoba Moose in the form of a mini pack.

Randomly in the mail I received a Mike Keane autographed team photo. Prior to the next season I was invited down to the exchange restaurant for free beer, appetizers and full team autograph session. It’s the little things a company does to show that you are an appreciated customer. TNSE has moved away from this and developed an “we know best policy and if you don’t like it you are replaceable”.

It’s now 2019 and Jets STH perks are amongst the worst in the entire league. Worse than what a Moose mini pack Ticket holder got 15 years ago. Is it that difficult to have a concessions discount card for STH? Straight trade up to 8 tickets a season back into ticket inventory? (Can’t make Dallas game will trade for 2 extra ticket to the Isles and take kids to game) .0% interest on monthly ticket payments. Start billing July to July to account for the Stanley Cup Playoffs and realize people are living in a real world out there (playoffs currently due April 3 and 2019/2020 due April 15). There are so many ways TNSE could improve the STH experience.

It is also the way in which TNSE has gone about their business. The smokescreen around re-entry policy as it harms ice conditions when you can clearly enter from city place. Digital tickets to keep us STH safe. Why would a STH be harmed we already have our tickets. 5% ticket increase where you have to do the math yourself to see that the increase is actually higher than 5% as long term STH are brought in line with more recent TPA. The Jets flexible ticket pricing where the Jets sell their ticket inventory at a lower cost on ticketmaster than STH can on seat exchange as STH have a ticket floor and large fees charged to the secondary customer by TNSE and ticketmaster.

I’m in complete agreement with those posts suggesting BellMTS will become a corporate lower bowl. TNSE are doing very little to keep Joe and Jane fan as STH.

Last edited:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
STH renewals aren’t about a jersey or hat but they are about feeling appreciated as a consumer. Yes, I pay money and get to watch live in person NHL hockey 10 minutes from my home. That was fantastic in 2011.

15 years ago I contributed $300 to the Manitoba Moose in the form of a mini pack.

Randomly in the mail I received a Mike Keane autographed team photo. Prior to the next season I was invited down to the exchange restaurant for free beer, appetizers and full team autograph session. It’s the little things a company does to show that you are an appreciated customer. TNSE has moved away from this and developed an “we know best policy and if you don’t like it you are replaceable”.

It’s now 2019 and Jets STH perks are amongst the worst in the entire league. Worse than what a Moose mini pack Ticket holder got 15 years ago. Is it that difficult to have a concessions discount card for STH? Straight trade up to 8 tickets a season back into ticket inventory? (Can’t make Dallas game will trade for 2 extra ticket to the Isles and take kids to game) .0% interest on monthly ticket payments. Start billing July to July to account for the Stanley Cup Playoffs and realize people are living in a real world out there (playoffs currently due April 3 and 2019/2020 due April 15). There are so many ways TNSE could improve the STH experience.

It is also the way in which TNSE has gone about their business. The smokescreen around re-entry policy as it harms ice conditions when you can clearly enter from city place. Digital tickets to keep us STH safe. Why would a STH be harmed we already have our tickets. 5% ticket increase where you have to do the math yourself to see that the increase is actually higher than 5% as long term STH are brought in line with more recent TPA. The Jets flexible ticket pricing where the Jets sell their ticket inventory at a lower cost on ticketmaster than STH can on seat exchange as STH have a ticket floor and large fees charged to the secondary customer by TNSE and ticketmaster.

I’m in complete agreement with those posts suggesting BellMTS will become a corporate lower bowl. TNSE are doing very little to keep Joe and Jane fan as STH.

This is the most accurate thing I've read on the internet in some time.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Couldn't agree more. There is no incentive to be a Jets STH, and TNSE customer service can be described as poor-to-awful, with a dash of arrogance. At first we didn't believe the narrative of STHs would be "taken for granted" and there will always be ticket buyers, but appears this is now the case. The in-game experience has definitely degraded from the earlier seasons, and there are some TNSE/MTS Centre staff that treat fans as if they were schoolchildren in detention. Note these are all bigger issues before the ticket prices, price increases, and contract lengths. Looking forward to our STH contract being over.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
No word on renewal rates. I've typically read about that in the news and never got a report from my ticket rep. I would expect that the local media will be on that topic as soon as the season and playoff excuses are done being debated.

As for relocation, from my experience they should be starting those soon, now that the renewal rates are all done and paid up.

Then they'll be going to the waitlist sometime in June-July, from my experience.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
The whole helmet Pardy thing was done to prevent insulting a very important franchise. That was TrueNorth making sure that they continue to earn respect among the league and it worked. As far as flight helmets I’m not aware of them being banned at all. In fact just saw a guy wearing one a few games ago... unless that’s changed since then?
I saw some helmets last month at a game

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
What will be the increase on concessions next year? I’m sure the jets not going to far will effect some of the profits

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Has anybody heard anything from their ticket reps on potential renewal rates or relocates?

Nothing on my end. I should point out that meets my expectations. I do not expect them to be exceeded.

As for concessions and increases I'd expect $0.25 on cans of beer, $0.50 on pints and hard liquor. Popcorn thankfully will stay the same.

thexfactor82

May 25, 2016
Nothing on my end. I should point out that meets my expectations. I do not expect them to be exceeded.

As for concessions and increases I'd expect $0.25 on cans of beer, $0.50 on pints and hard liquor. Popcorn thankfully will stay the same.

I was told that they were busy with the playoff push a few weeks ago so I'm hoping to get an update soon. I can see the prices going up again for concessions. A double shot was $15 during playoffs so without the change the staff aren't getting much for tips.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Well, the end of an era has taken place. I've been a season ticket holder (two seats) since the Jets returned in 2011. Starting next year, I won't have the massive financial burden of being a season ticket holder. I figure that being one of the folks keeping the franchise afloat for eight seasons was enough... time to cherry-pick the games I attend like the rest of the non-season ticket holders. I feel strangely... liberated.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I see from the email this morning that even the annual Paint the Rink event now requires use of Jets points to attend on Sunday. So for a family of four I have to redeem 2,000 points for an event that used to be openly free to ST holders.

By comparison, I am going to Blue Bombers Fan Fest at IGF on Saturday afternoon to pick up my ST. Free admission to everyone (even non-ST holders). Kids get to go on the field do activities (usually jumping in an inflated structure, tackling dummies, throwing target practice, kicking field goals, etc). Get to meet current and past Bomber players for autographs who are very accessible to ST holders. Also Let’s Talk officiating sessions with CFL official. And everyone in attendance gets free drink, hotdog, and mini doughnuts.

Hmmm.....

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Well, the end of an era has taken place. I've been a season ticket holder (two seats) since the Jets returned in 2011. Starting next year, I won't have the massive financial burden of being a season ticket holder. I figure that being one of the folks keeping the franchise afloat for eight seasons was enough... time to cherry-pick the games I attend like the rest of the non-season ticket holders. I feel strangely... liberated.

No matter how many years or seasons you've supported the team, no matter the price range or quantity of seats you have/had, you are a part of what attracted, kept and keep the team here for everyone's entertainment. Not to mention driving the local economy. There shouldn't be any hard feelings or guilt for adjusting your level of commitment or support to the team, past, present or future. Support will come and go. To take a page out of Trouba's book, it's not our problem as individual fans to keep the team viable, it's up to True North to manage accordingly.

I can 100% relate to your being "liberated". Every time the season ends, I feel this same feeling... from the financial and time commitment of going to the games, regular season and playoffs. Organizing the logistics of getting there and childcare while the wife and I go to the game. Liberated from watching the games on TV, or listening to them on the radio, liberated from being sucked into the social media and mainstream media narratives... analytics... all of it.

But every fall, it starts again. Many will be back, cherry picking games and new STH will fill empty spots. It's the cycle of life. Everyone will put in their fair share based on their level of interest and means as they choose.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
No matter how many years or seasons you've supported the team, no matter the price range or quantity of seats you have/had, you are a part of what attracted, kept and keep the team here for everyone's entertainment. Not to mention driving the local economy. There shouldn't be any hard feelings or guilt for adjusting your level of commitment or support to the team, past, present or future. Support will come and go. To take a page out of Trouba's book, it's not our problem as individual fans to keep the team viable, it's up to True North to manage accordingly.

I can 100% relate to your being "liberated". Every time the season ends, I feel this same feeling... from the financial and time commitment of going to the games, regular season and playoffs. Organizing the logistics of getting there and childcare while the wife and I go to the game. Liberated from watching the games on TV, or listening to them on the radio, liberated from being sucked into the social media and mainstream media narratives... analytics... all of it.

But every fall, it starts again. Many will be back, cherry picking games and new STH will fill empty spots. It's the cycle of life. Everyone will put in their fair share based on their level of interest and means as they choose.
Thanks for the post!
I will still attend games, but this time it will be on my terms. Like you, childcare was an issue, and I had to struggle to sell seats I couldn't go to (post on Seat Exchange... then lower the price on Seat Exchange... then post on Kijiji... then arrange to meet... then get stood up... repeat). It wasn't all bad, I still love live hockey. I also enjoy watching the same product in the comfort of my own home.

Reactions: Sabadecade

han316

Feb 6, 2013
I look forward to buying a few select games at season ticket holder price without being part of a contract! I may even go to an exhibition game for free if history repeats itself :P
I definitely won't be missing those nights where i stay downtown after work on a Tuesday where it's -30 outside just because i couldn't sell my ticket below cost... That's 15 hours away from home and it happened way to often. :(

I think i will actually enjoy hockey more because of this and going to games will be a lot more fun knowing i actually want to be there.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
To be candid, if I didn't have the seats I have I doubt I'd be renewing at the end of my term. I know I can pick and choose to attend pretty much any game during the season but having the seats I have (on the aisle being a huge thing) is still making the commitment worthwhile but it's damn close. TN and their fan abuse is wearing my commitment pretty thin, not to mention all the pains in the ass that go with being the point man in a STH group. It's almost not worth it, I'm starting to think.

m.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
I look forward to buying a few select games at season ticket holder price without being part of a contract

That may happen less now that many of the people who were having difficulty selling seats will have relinquished their seats, also as a result more people who are going to try and do exactly that. You might have to be quicker to snag those types of deals in the future.

To be candid, if I didn't have the seats I have I doubt I'd be renewing at the end of my term. I know I can pick and choose to attend pretty much any game during the season but having the seats I have (on the aisle being a huge thing) is still making the commitment worthwhile but it's damn close. TN and their fan abuse is wearing my commitment pretty thin, not to mention all the pains in the ass that go with being the point man in a STH group. It's almost not worth it, I'm starting to think.

Similar to my situation, our seats are fairly exclusive therefore easier to resell.
I don't mind being the point man in our group, however, I do agree, it's a little extra work.
I'm not sure I'm at the "fan abuse" point yet but there definitely are some things True North can do to "improve" things.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
My family are not renewing (2019/2020 is their last year) and offered me their tickets. great seats, and I like going to the games, but why be a season ticket buyer?

the move to digital to take a chunk out of the secondary market while telling us it was for our convenience really made me think about why I would be a season ticket holder if I lived in WPG.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I love how some guy can make an account today and then try to **** all over TNSE

My experience with being a STH as part of a group has been nothing but great. We made a request this year of seeing if we could a Jet to come to one of STH holders kids team. Jacob Trouba came out twice, once at the bequest of TNSE and once just because he is pretty good guy. They don't have to do these things, we are a group of 20 people who split 4 tickets. Yet they went out of there way to get one of there players to come out for a few hours to see these kids.

Some ******* comes on here crying about not getting a free jersey well I got nothing to say but get lost. What they did above is worth more then some free swag, those kids and there parents will remember that forever.

Wow, this is absolutely shocking to me. I was organizing a group of 14 people for 4 seats (I say 'was' because we did not renew) and TNSE has never done anything but dare me to leave when I voice a concern. And here you are getting Jets players to come to your kid's practice. I'm just shocked at this (happy for you and the kids, obviously, but shocked at the apparent lack of consistency when dealing with STHs).

And for the record, I don't care about free swag AT ALL. I care about a functioning website, decent customer service, and a freer market when it comes to me having to sell tickets. I have to eat way too many tickets because the only viable/safe place to sell tickets floors my sale price at my STH price, PLUS layers on a bunch of fees for the buyer. That doesn't work for me.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk

We have also been on the relocation list forever and we have seen several new season ticket holders come into our price level with better seats than us. Halfway through our last TPA, they offered us to move BACK ONE ROW AND OVER TWO SEATS and they wanted us to sign a new TPA for that amazing privilege.

"Here are worse seats and they can be yours simply by locking in for 2 additional years!!!

Reactions: BigZ65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad