Votes: 9 69.2%
  • League Draft

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think a head to head thing would be better (not like much else going on on this board at the moment anyway).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hey folks, itching to get the simulation going. Database is completely set up, teams have been made, competition was created and a couple people have sent in their preferred tactics/team. I'll tag the people that haven't. Again, if you could just send me a formation, role preferences (like advanced forward, etc.) and tactical style preference (Control Possession, Gengenpress, Tiki-Taka, Vertical Tiki-Taka, Wing Play, Route One, Fluid Counter-Attack, Direct Counter-Attack, Catenaccio or Park the Bus). Shouldn't take long to send and I'll start simming and posting results!

@Live in the Now @SJSharks39 @Duchene2MacKinnon @Vasilevskiy @Wee Baby Seamus @Pavel Buchnevich @Savant @robertmac43 @Cassano @The Abusement Park

PM any questions you may have.

I figure if I don't get something maybe by tomorrow I'll just go with what the game recommends for your team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hey folks, itching to get the simulation going. Database is completely set up, teams have been made, competition was created and a couple people have sent in their preferred tactics/team. I'll tag the people that haven't. Again, if you could just send me a formation, role preferences (like advanced forward, etc.) and tactical style preference (Control Possession, Gengenpress, Tiki-Taka, Vertical Tiki-Taka, Wing Play, Route One, Fluid Counter-Attack, Direct Counter-Attack, Catenaccio or Park the Bus). Shouldn't take long to send and I'll start simming and posting results!

@Live in the Now @SJSharks39 @Duchene2MacKinnon @Vasilevskiy @Wee Baby Seamus @Pavel Buchnevich @Savant @robertmac43 @Cassano @The Abusement Park

I figure if I don't get something maybe by tomorrow I'll just go with what the game recommends for your team.
Just go with what it recommends for me. I’m fine with that:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At the same age: Sancho scored 1 goal and 4 assists. Ronaldo had 2 goals in the Liberatores in 8 games and otherwise wasn't even playing top level. Messi scored 1 goal and barely played at all. Mbappe had 1 goal and 2 assists. Neymar is the only one of those examples that outproduced Ihattaren but he was a freak already at 17. Ihattaren had 7 goals and 9 assists (also in the only youth game he played he had 2 goals in 1 game), he also had the 2nd most chances created (behind Bergwijn, but he lost the ball half as much) on the team, the most dribbles, 2nd most fouls against (Dumfries the most), etc.

Aside from Neymar none of them were relied upon to be the top creator, nor did they become key pieces of their teams as Ihattaren has. Reinier is a great talent but barely played, and more than half his production came against the last place team in the league while he played for an offensive powerhouse and by far the best team in the league (neither of which PSV were) and he wasn't tasked with nearly as much responsibility as Ihattaren either.

Ok, but none of the players you mentioned aside from Neymar outproduced Ihattaren at the same age, and none of them were key players on top teams in their leagues either. So...

As I said, players are born in different parts of the year. I interpreted the stats how I think is most fair. And I use rates, not raw totals. My formula for how I judge stats taking into account a few different factors will favor some and not favor others. I don’t however think Ihattaren gets a raw deal with how I interpreted them, and quibbling about one or two names that reflects your difference in judgement of interpreting a few variables doesn’t change the larger point.

We can agree to disagree about this, but I don’t even think our opinions are that far apart.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How was that quibbling about one or two names? I mean you can’t just make a baseless statement about Ihattaren not having elite production for his age, go on about how there’s a consistent formula, then provide a bunch of examples and then when I provide the actual stats and how none of the names you mentioned outproduced or had as big a role as him (except the prodigious Neymar, playing in a different role) at the same age/year just say agree to disagree I measure stuff differently. I mean do what you want but you are just saying things that aren’t true.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oblak best keeper in the world? Hmm

side note, why is Kai considered having a down year. The kid has been anazing every time i tuned in. With all the hype on german prospects on here im shocked this one gets so little attention. He could be the best german talent.

Reactions: YNWA14

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
How was that quibbling about one or two names? I mean you can’t just make a baseless statement about Ihattaren not having elite production for his age, go on about how there’s a consistent formula, then provide a bunch of examples and then when I provide the actual stats and how none of the names you mentioned outproduced or had as big a role as him (except the prodigious Neymar, playing in a different role) at the same age/year just say agree to disagree I measure stuff differently. I mean do what you want but you are just saying things that aren’t true.

This is getting ridiculous. You mention me, and I try to explain why I didn’t have the player in my team. I could’ve not responded, but I thought I should be nice about it and compliment the player. As I said, I’m a fan. You then start picking apart my team in a disrespectful manner telling me how this guy is better than players I picked.

At that point, for all intents and purposes you violated the spirit of the competition where we don’t criticize the picks others make. You were clearly looking for an argument and were criticizing the players I picked.

I gave my opinion based on how I see the game and you are making this into a factual discussion. There are no facts here, only opinions. I made the picks I did based on how I view the game. If you view it differently, I’m certainly not stopping you. That’s all I’m going to say anymore about this. Have a nice day.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Oblak best keeper in the world? Hmm

side note, why is Kai considered having a down year. The kid has been anazing every time i tuned in. With all the hype on german prospects on here im shocked this one gets so little attention. He could be the best german talent.
I think the big thing for Kai is his stats are down. I agree that he is a crazy talent and if he went in the first round, I would have understood it but this year I don’t know if you can necessarily say he’s been deployed deeper or just expected to do more defensively but definitely been doing less on the stat sheet and more defensively.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
We can talk about undrafted players now, yeah? I had a bunch of guys on my list who didn't end up taken and who I could've seen taken as early as round 10 or 11.

Reactions: YNWA14

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
McTominay's been one of the players that has always played well whenever I've seen United, needed a back-up for Pjanic and he fits there, getting better too.
Him and Fred have been incredible this season. I thought McTominay was going to end up being more of a squad player but he’s become a really really good midfielder.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah don’t see why not. I’ve mentioned a few.

Yeah that's what I thought, cool.

I'm surprised no one took Sebastien Haller, who has been at times very impressive this year and was stellar at Frankfurt last year.

I'm surprised no one took Declan Rice, if only for the potential factor. There are young English players who got picked who he should've gone LONG before.

Julian Draxler has been a forgotten man since he moved to PSG, I think. I was never super fond of him, but I am surprised he didn't get taken.

Andreas Christensen is a classy CB.

Jeremie Boga has been one of the best players in Serie A this season.

As far as I can see at a glance, Ilicic is the only Atalanta player picked, which is weird.

Strange to me that James Maddison got picked very early and Jack Grealish didn't get picked at all.

Aaron Ramsey hasn't hit the ground running at Juve but is still a very good midfielder.

Reactions: Cassano and YNWA14

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I'm surprised no one took Sebastien Haller, who has been at times very impressive this year and was stellar at Frankfurt last year.

I'm surprised no one took Declan Rice, if only for the potential factor. There are young English players who got picked who he should've gone LONG before.

Julian Draxler has been a forgotten man since he moved to PSG, I think. I was never super fond of him, but I am surprised he didn't get taken.

As far as I can see at a glance, Ilicic is the only Atalanta player picked, which is weird.

Strange to me that James Maddison got picked very early and Jack Grealish didn't get picked at all.

Aaron Ramsey hasn't hit the ground running at Juve but is still a very good midfielder.
I was between Soumare and Declan Rice for my last pick. But I’m also very surprised he didn’t get taken.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was considering a couple of Atalanta guys, but part of it was down to tactics. Plenty of players who didn't get picked though, I agree.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I took Castagne as well.

Go with what it recommends at the positions for me. I'm going to do my writeup today, which will explain the formation and the style I'd have the team play. The rest can be up to recommendations.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I understand he's old, but S. Cazorla has possibly been the best Spanish midfielder statistically in La Liga since his return from injury. He's started the past few games for Spain as well.

Matip, a player who started a CL final wasn't picked up as well. Kloppo said he's world class.

Dusan Tadic plays a different position, but he leads Ajax in goals and assists. It's not like he was a terrible player in the PL either, he was pretty good.

Lucas Torreira, Leando Parades and Lucas Pacqueta have had terrible seasons, but I think all 3 of them still have sky high potential.

Bonucci sucked for Milan, but seems he's having a bounce-back year for Juve. Surprised he didn't get picked up since he's probably one of the best ball playing CBs around.

Glad no one brought into the Wilfred Zaha hype, probably the most overrated player in the PL.

Donyell Malen, Odsonne Édouard, Filip Kostic other names I was considering at times.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
One guy I'm very surprised wasn't picked only because of who is a part of this draft is Ascacibar. The best Argentinian player has to have some pull right? :laugh:

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I understand he's old, but S. Cazorla has possibly been the best Spanish midfielder statistically in La Liga since his return from injury. He's started the past few games for Spain as well.

Matip, a player who started a CL final wasn't picked up as well. Kloppo said he's world class.

Dusan Tadic plays a different position, but he leads Ajax in goals and assists. It's not like he was a terrible player in the PL either, he was pretty good.

Lucas Torreira, Leando Parades and Lucas Pacqueta have had terrible seasons, but I think all 3 of them still have sky high potential.

Bonucci sucked for Milan, but seems he's having a bounce-back year for Juve. Surprised he didn't get picked up since he's probably one of the best ball playing CBs around.

Glad no one brought into the Wilfred Zaha hype, probably the most overrated player in the PL.

Donyell Malen, Odsonne Édouard, Filip Kostic other names I was considering at times.

Meant to put Matip in my post. He's another one I'm very surprised about.

Reactions: Cassano

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Wow I don’t know how I forgot about Tadic.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

I'm a big fan of Haller, but with only 22 rounds, I found it hard to justify the selection with the season he's having. West Ham is most of the problem though, in my opinion. I think he's a phenomenal player and didn't like that move for him.

Rice was on my list, and I was also surprised he wasn't picked. Christensen was on my list, but I didn't think it was a lock he'd be picked. There are a lot of good CB's, and he wasn't an every game starter this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad