• League Draft

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Option 1: (normal draft)

Every player is available in the one draft. Pick the best team possible.

Option 2: (league draft)

There would be a separate draft for each league. Open to this but thinking PL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, and a misc draft where all leagues outside of those 5 are fair game. So basically 6 total drafts (probably running at the same time) and you pick the best team from each league. I think that we would probably need less for this or maybe just draft 18 players.

Interested:

@SJSharks39
@Vasilevskiy
@Venkman
@Pavel Buchnevich
@YNWA14
@robertmac43
@Cassano
@Wee Baby Seamus
@Live in the Now
@Duchene2MacKinnon
@Savant

Possibly interested
@S E P H

RULES copied from last year:

-Snake draft. 22 rounds. So you'll have essentially two players per position if you choose. NOTE, you must have a minimum of two goalkeepers.

-We won't be drafting managers. You're the manager, so your formation, tactics, etc.

-No judges as of yet. I'd be open to it to an extent, but it's not necessary. That said I would say that we should focus on a building a team to both be competitive now and in the future. I guess think of it as we're all new franchises. I would consider things like your players fitting your formation/tactics, having a balanced squad, having players who can take freekicks, penalties, corners, etc. You should also identify a captain and a vice-captain.

-Minimum of 2 GKs per team.

-Trades are allowed. One for one trades only though. So a few examples:

---One pick for one pick.
---One pick for one player.
---One player for one player.
---Two picks for one player and one pick.
---One pick and two players for two picks and one player.

Etc, etc. I think that illustrates the point.

ALSO, when you agree to a trade one of you needs to post the deal and the other needs to quote that post and write "agreed", "confirmed" or something of that nature. Until the post is quoted and agreed to the trade has not occurred, but when that happens it's done.

-10 hours between picks. If you miss a pick, 8 hours from then on, 6 hours after a second missed pick. If you miss three picks your place in the draft will be subject to review, IE you may be dropped from the draft. Either way please use another member as a proxy if you can't make a pick and if something comes us just PM me. Also, please try your best to keep the draft moving along as quickly as possible. After you make a pick you'll need to make sure you PM the next guy on the list. If their PM box is full, post in the discussion thread that it's their turn. Also, please make sure you check to see if it's your turn to pick just to be sure.

-NO DISCUSSION, hints or otherwise, about undrafted players please.

-The Picks thread is for PICKS ONLY, while the Discussion thread is for everything else.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I’d rather do a normal draft as I think separate drafts will end up being pretty top heavy but either works for me!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would partake if someone is needed. I always miss this thing cause I work in an area with little to no wifi come summer time. Seems like the perfect thing to pass the time atm when I'm cooped up wit 4 bars.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d prefer a normal draft.

I also think we should be our own judges. Create a bracket with matchups. Vote on team vs. team matchups and last team left wins.

Reactions: robertmac43

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm gonna be honest.

I didn't participate in the discussion post draft because I was embarrassed that I forgot to draft a back up goalie Lol. Only realized it after the draft.

I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’m thinking give it until tomorrow for people to sign up and then I’ll get the draft thread up and we start on Tuesday. Everyone okay with that?

Also looking like it’s going to be a normal draft.

Reactions: YNWA14

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m thinking give it until tomorrow for people to sign up and then I’ll get the draft thread up and we start on Tuesday. Everyone okay with that?

Also looking like it’s going to be a normal draft.

I dont mind a league centric one either. Can we start tomorrow?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I’m hoping to get at least one more person before I do the draft thread. If we get one early then I’ll get the thread up and we can start today (without a clock).
Thanks for organizing it. I’m sure people will be happy to have the distraction.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How’s this for ambitious - If we are all quarantined let’s do it over the same day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->