• League Draft

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Two players I very nearly selected were Dmitri Payet and Mario Goetze. Payet has had a great season. Goetze hasn't because his coach is a moron, but he's still a quality player that is much better than a number of Bundesliga players selected.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The player I almost selected was Alisson over Joao Felix. But, for whatever reason, when I was going to do that I hadn't realized Felix had not been picked yet. Alisson went one pick before mine anyway.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
One guy I'm very surprised wasn't picked only because of who is a part of this draft is Ascacibar. The best Argentinian player has to have some pull right? :laugh:
He's too good to draft. Cant have a cheat code on the team. THats why LITN didnt pick him first.

Seriously though he has derailed his career. Still has tremendous potential but needs to fire his agents and get back to teams that are relevant. I still expect him to be the 5 on Argentina. Maybe not the new Masch as I wanted but still good.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Speaking of LITN Messi's days as a false 9 are over I think. Maybe because his teams dont need him there buit im not so sure he has the explosiveness anymore to play it

Reactions: les Habs

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I understand he's old, but S. Cazorla has possibly been the best Spanish midfielder statistically in La Liga since his return from injury. He's started the past few games for Spain as well.

Matip, a player who started a CL final wasn't picked up as well. Kloppo said he's world class.

Dusan Tadic plays a different position, but he leads Ajax in goals and assists. It's not like he was a terrible player in the PL either, he was pretty good.

Lucas Torreira, Leando Parades and Lucas Pacqueta have had terrible seasons, but I think all 3 of them still have sky high potential.

Bonucci sucked for Milan, but seems he's having a bounce-back year for Juve. Surprised he didn't get picked up since he's probably one of the best ball playing CBs around.

Glad no one brought into the Wilfred Zaha hype, probably the most overrated player in the PL.

Donyell Malen, Odsonne Édouard, Filip Kostic other names I was considering at times.
I thought about Torreira but I got better DMs so glad I didnt need him. As for Parades he definitely doesnt have sky high potential

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oblak best keeper in the world? Hmm

side note, why is Kai considered having a down year. The kid has been anazing every time i tuned in. With all the hype on german prospects on here im shocked this one gets so little attention. He could be the best german talent.
I think Leroy Sane is the best of them when healthy but Kai isn’t far behind and could surpass him. Werner probably third or fourth. Not sure who’ll be better between him and Gnabry.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think Leroy Sane is the best of them when healthy but Kai isn’t far behind and could surpass him. Werner probably third or fourth. Not sure who’ll be better between him and Gnabry.
I didnt count Sane as he is not a prospect anymore

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Who were you comparing him against? Don’t think there’s many hyped up young Germans right now outside of Kai then.
Crazy if you told me in 2014 that the group of English prospects coming up seem more talented than the Germans.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Looks like we are just missing @Vasilevskiy and @robertmac43 for rosters. How should I create the poll? Should I just link the roster thread or copy and paste the tactics? I don't want to copy and paste some of the ones that are huge though because that will make the thread just hard to read.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Crazy if you told me in 2014 that the group of English prospects coming up seem more talented than the Germans.
It’s happened before at youth/prospect/young pro level. I wouldn’t bet on England knocking Germany or a Germany level team out of a tournament any time soon. And I know Germany has fallen since their World Cup won but England has never ever even once knocked an A level side out of a tournament (in the knockout stages) away from home in the entire history of tournament football.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So far LITN is my favourite team (without counting mine :D), just personal preference
I think I like your team the best so far, but I wouldn't start Pjanic as I think he is a little washed up. I would even go as far as saying that you're better off starting McTominay or Keita.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think that one thing with his team is that Joao Felix and Messi can kind of interchange there

Yep, that was the point. I did draft Jimenez and Lacazette, I just didn't really see a good reason to use them as starters.

I also was only able to draft that much talent for my bench because I had a feeling that Castagne wouldn't get drafted. There are very few other players I would be comfortable using as a backup LB and backup RB.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
For what it's worth, now that I have all the tactics in and teams set up (aside from robertmac) this is what FM shows as the season preview:

season-preview.png

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad