HF Wrestling Draft 2018 - Discussion Thread #2

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I will try to get mine in over the next few hours. I've got 30 hours of flying coming up tomorrow so won't meet the deadline otherwise haha.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m almost done but I have to get to my vacation to get done which is Wednesday.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's definitely not, they aren't that important haha.

The person I'm drafting I mean, definitely agree that managers are underrated. The manager I just picked in Mitchell was awesome.

I considered Mitchell before going a different route with Albano. He's pretty good. I am also high on managers lately. Three of my matches are built, storyline wise, around a manager. Lack of managers (due to Vince's random aversion to them) is a big problem with WWE today.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Ffs I wrote my whole thing in a conversation on here with one match left and then accidentally touched the wrong spot on my screen and lost it all.

Reactions: ColePens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ffs I wrote my whole thing in a conversation on here with one match left and then accidentally touched the wrong spot on my screen and lost it all.

Always save elsewhere my man, I was writing here, but luckily I saved on my gmail drafts. Then my browser crashed.

I am very close, just need some media, which gives me some trouble, especially with new boards

Reactions: Morozov

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm mostly done, just trying to get my point across without writing a novel. Editing stuff down from what I wrote yesterday primarily.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Whats the best way to make imaging work because mine keep coming up broken

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Whats the best way to make imaging work because mine keep coming up broken

I copied my image and pasted into word. Resized, and then pasted it copied from word to the forum box and it seemed to work well. I did all my text first then put images in where I wanted them last.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I copied my image and pasted into word. Resized, and then pasted it copied from word to the forum box and it seemed to work well. I did all my text first then put images in where I wanted them last.
Too bad I have iOS

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
My card has no fancy graphics or anything. I will let the matches speak for themselves.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I sent in my card. A few things:

• TLDR for most of you, but the way it's formatted you can just see the matches.
  • Bios purposely on the bottom so as to avoid spoilers and also very short, but more details in matches. There you can see how I used a few guys differently, created new gimmicks/factions or just made subtle changes (more details in matches).
  • If someone I drafted isn't in match header they appear in a match.
  • Tried a different way of presenting the matches if you read them in detail. Not meant to be the whole match, but more major details. Jim Ross provides the actual commentary! I ran out of time and so some are a bit more thorough, but all are similar. Thought it could highlight some of the moves and how the match might play out to a degree, but again not the whole match. Even added all the themes (some are new).
  • Results are bolded at the bottom of the commentary if a) you care and b) it's TLDR for you.
  • Also think there are moments of humor.
  • I'll say it now, I don't do women's wrestling.
  • I kept the card lean because I think it's excellent as is considering I had to draft it. There are still as of yet undrafted wrestlers I was thinking of using. In fact I was thinking of a second card, but I like the strength of my card (at least as I see it).
Really love my card and think the matches would be fantastic. I'm not just saying that either. Of course it's all subjective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Cutter

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My card has no fancy graphics or anything. I will let the matches speak for themselves.

My "fancy" graphics is just a small picture of the wrestler under his name for the card. It's really riveting stuff. :D

It's always interesting how people present their cards because it can sway how people vote. Not graphics wise, but what info people decide to put in the card.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yes people like different things. I don't care at all about graphics, but I can be swayed positively or negatively by writing.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
They can’t compete with the card my partner and I created anyways.
B****, I BET ALL THE MOTHER f***ING MONEY IN MY MOTHER f***ING WALLET THAT f*** YOUR BITCH ASS CARD.
maxresdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad