HF Wrestling Draft 2018 - Discussion Thread #2

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Some poster has stepped up anonymously to take over @Emperoreddy 's card

Oh shit, the anonymous HFWF GM.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please....

MichaelCole.jpg

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can we mention wrestlers we did not draft? And by mention, I mean only mention. For example I couldn't put in my card that The Rock said "Kenny Omega is a popcorn fart" could I?

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Can we mention wrestlers we did not draft? And by mention, I mean only mention. For example I couldn't put in my card that The Rock said "Kenny Omega is a popcorn fart" could I?

IIRC this came up previously and it's no.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rumors swirling that the anonymous GM is actually Eklund.

How close is everyone to submitting? Curious to know how much time I have here, but I don't want to hold people up.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

This one is interesting to me because I never heard a rule about it and was considering vague mentions, though more mentions of undrafted wrestlers or non-wrestlers.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I'm indifferent regarding the anonymous GM. Whether I know who's GM'ing or not doesn't effect my belief that my card can stack up against any other card here. I also prefer it to letting the picks go unused.

I'm hoping to be done after the weekend

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Rumors swirling that the anonymous GM is actually Eklund.

How close is everyone to submitting? Curious to know how much time I have here, but I don't want to hold people up.

Take your time.

This one is interesting to me because I never heard a rule about it and was considering vague mentions, though more mentions of undrafted wrestlers or non-wrestlers.

I was thinking more along the lines of guys other people drafted. I was going to mention one (not the example I gave), but it's easily avoided.

I would think undrafted guys would be fair game, but it's @Chris Cutter 's call. Drafted guys however I think should be a no-no. I would think it's OK to infer or reference them like "he was dressed in Hogan yellow and red" or something really basic like that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The GM being anonymous or not isn't a big deal at this stage. I'm probably done picking. Still don't get why it's anonymous.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If someone still has picks to make I certainly say keep making them. I anticipated being one of the last posters making selections. Since I seem not to be I look forward to seeing what everyone does. I drafted a lot of peripheral performers and I stopped picking days ago, so I'm guessing that we have some battle royales coming.

I hope that the anonymous GM can bring closure to that slow burning story arc. WWE looking for a piece of the HF Wrestling Federation.

What’s the difference between picking McGregor and KISS or Megadeth?

They were involved with wrestling before, McGregor wasn't. If the rule doesn't exist you could draft David vs Goliath or put on the greatest concert in history or something.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looking for an idea from someone that I'm putting in a pre-show match: a light heavyweight/junior/cruiserweight from a county that is not USA, England, Canada, Mexico, Japan, or Australia.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
When was all of KISS involved in wrestling?
Eric Bischoff thought it'd be a good idea and they even created a wrestler for the occasion. @les Habs also are we talking about naming wrestlers you missed out on, or wrestlers still available? I would wait till everybody is done picking if it's the latter.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Eric Bischoff thought it'd be a good idea and they even created a wrestler for the occasion. @les Habs also are we talking about naming wrestlers you missed out on, or wrestlers still available? I would wait till everybody is done picking if it's the latter.

No, it was the former. Not really a big deal at all.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would just recommend next time we have all the rules in the rules section. Seems like we have had a few mix ups due to it

Also, I still don’t know why I got told Tyson can’t be in match, when he has a WWE match on his record.

Reactions: M.C.G. 31

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I would just recommend next time we have all the rules in the rules section. Seems like we have had a few mix ups due to it

Also, I still don’t know why I got told Tyson can’t be in match, when he has a WWE match on his record.

What was his WWE match? He was an enforcer in a match, and he can be used as an enforcer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->