HF Wrestling Draft 2018 - Discussion Thread #2

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well I think all of us would have taken one if we knew one was available and assuming having none left shaped our matches. Stuff messes up sometimes unfortunately.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The board said none left though, and still does, so it's pretty whack to have one be available when people were led to believe there wasn't.

I 100% would have taken one during the draft but the board was updated to say none left so I didn't. It shaped multiple picks that I made.

I understand that there was an error, as the countdown of how many matches remained seems to have been wrong. I don't know what should be done. Do nothing is one option, but as you say it negatively affected whoever would have taken that match. Give anyone who wants one the chance to take the match is another option, but that is not exactly fair to those who now wasted a pick by taking one earlier. I'm pretty ambivalent to it as I never intended to draft a match type this time and I can see both sides. Chris Cutter can decide.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Ill def take one from the free No DQ bowl...look at my line up. I wouldve grabbed one before too. Obviously.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I will just say this about the Hardcore/DQ match from my end. It too shaped my card and my pick choices differently. The match I'm applying it isn't changing, but I think it enhances it. Also, if affected my picks now because I'm still not done yet. And for the record, the pick wasn't made in collusion with @Chris Cutter (not that anyone thinks that). I just discovered it and then made the pick. For what it's worth.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I apologize to @les Habs since it was clearly my mistake and should have double-checked. But I agree with the crowd that think the pick should be invalid. I mislead people and I'm sure the match would have been drafted before day 6 of Free Agency.

Reactions: Morozov

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
OK, so being at work I didn't look at any other threads and now I have. So...

• The rules clearly state that there are five Hardcore/No DQ matches. Four were taken. Yes a mistake was made, but anyone could have taken the last match at any time. I did my due diligence in making sure it wasn't picked before I took it.
  • The rules also clearly state that you have to use everyone you draft, and yet an exception was made so someone could dump a guy they didn't want.
  • Someone can say they would have taken the match, but I know in at least one instance it would not have been available for them to make the pick because I would have taken it before it fell to them.
  • Since I made my picks this morning, on time, I now lose one well after the fact and two guys on my list to finish my card have been taken. So I'm screwed out of two guys for no fault of my own. So I assume that this latest round of Free Agency will now be invalidated.
  • Not sure what difference it makes when it's taken with the "would have been drafted before day 6 of Free Agency" comment. Would it have made a difference had I taken the match in the 16th round?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The theoretical musings regarding who would or would not have taken the match don't really matter. There was contradictory information in the OP that was never cleared up. Chris Cutter runs the show and decided.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Isn't CHGoalie using Ahmed Johnson after all since many expressed that they did not approve it? I don't get the point of bringing it up.

A) I'm working 2 jobs this summer, mistakes happen, I already apologized. Updating the OP is a chore and I appreciate those who have helped out.

B) It's a draft on a hockey forum, like I said at the very beginning, it's not that serious of a thing, there is no prize at the end of the day. So yeah, I'll have to do decisions on the fly which might not be popular but it is what it is.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I like the Jamie Noble pick this late. Good wrestler who can pull off some character work too.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The theoretical musings regarding who would or would not have taken the match don't really matter. There was contradictory information in the OP that was never cleared up. Chris Cutter runs the show and decided.

There were multiple theoretical musings regarding who would or would not have the match. Curious you didn't direct your post elsewhere as well.

Isn't CHGoalie using Ahmed Johnson after all since many expressed that they did not approve it? I don't get the point of bringing it up.

A) I'm working 2 jobs this summer, mistakes happen, I already apologized. Updating the OP is a chore and I appreciate those who have helped out.

B) It's a draft on a hockey forum, like I said at the very beginning, it's not that serious of a thing, there is no prize at the end of the day. So yeah, I'll have to do decisions on the fly which might not be popular but it is what it is.

CHGoalie using Ahmed Johnson is irrelevant. The point is you made the "change" for him. That was the point and it's completely valid.

I appreciate your apology, but it's entirely unnecessary. I'm not upset nor was I. I'm just stating my case and posting on principle and making a valid point based on what I'm reading. There were some complaints (two I believe) about it being essentially unfair, but again I miss out on picks as a result. If the idea is to be fair to all parties, then I'd say the round should be invalidated but instead I guess I'll just have to miss out on picks.

I know it's a chore, hence why I've always had help when I've done drafts.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

Who brought up that? And yeah I have a decent audible or two in mind for Ahmed's pre show bout. Rules is rules.

You shall apologize for nothing. And we thank you for it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have been on the side line waiting for the official call to submit cards. My full trust and faith is with @Chris Cutter . I've learned to trust this man.

As for any drama - this is all fun for me. I'm game for anything. As long as we are all cool and nobody is purposely exploiting rules, let's roll. This is too much fun.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think images fit just fine, at least on the old version of the site. If it doesn't work, I'll pm you and email address.

Okay cool I have everything saved in a word doc if it ends up being a mess when I send it. Also,removing pictures are no big deal at all so I can just remove them too they're not important, no need to cause a headache and work for you if it doesn't work right.

I am pretty excited to see everyone's card because I purposely have followed no ones picks, so I am ready to be surprised. It also means I have zero idea how my card stacks up in the slightest!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad