HF Wrestling Draft 2018 - Discussion Thread #2

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
IMG_1662.PNG

That was from yesterday. Easier to do on my mobile and as you can see I was ready to just click "post reply".

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I think that Emperor should just post his card. It literally would take only five minutes to list your matchups that you had created.

As for the swapping I think it should not be aloud. I have had to make tough decisions where I wanted to make a match but would have to draft both wrestlers. I had opted to take one wrestler over the other because I felt that if the other fighter was drafted between my picks that I would have had more options. The guy who I selected had less perceived value than the guy who I took though. If I knew that I could just drop the wrestlers if things didn’t go my way then I would have. This is only my second draft but that was never listed as an option.

Plus one more thing with Johnson going back into the draft is that whoever is first on at noon would get first dibs on him. Not is not fair in my book in free agency rounds. For sure example I am working twelve hour nights tonight and will still be asleep at noon tomorrow. To me free agency are for the wrestlers who have all been passed over and their is a free for all in them.

I think if someone gets stuck with a wrestler that they do not want then they should just be used as a special referee or a manager or in Johnson’s case as a bodyguard. Simple way around it.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
@Habsrule I was gonna ask if I can still keep Johnson if Butch counts anyway, I'm fine with the no swapping thing too. Less mucky.

I don’t really care. It is not my draft. I just think that their are rules which are stated and have been the same rules a few years in a row. Changing rules are fine if done before the draft but changing rules mid draft is not my favourite idea.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don’t really care. It is not my draft. I just think that their are rules which are stated and have been the same rules a few years in a row. Changing rules are fine if done before the draft but changing rules mid draft is not my favourite idea.
...wait so DO you care or DoNT you care LOL

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Question. Was stuck with no internet and crap almost all day yesterday so I missed the FA window. Can I make 4 picks today if I missed yesterday or am I limited to the two picks window? Either way not a big deal but I figure if I can do the 4 picks my card is probably done.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think that Emperor should just post his card. It literally would take only five minutes to list your matchups that you had created.

As for the swapping I think it should not be aloud. I have had to make tough decisions where I wanted to make a match but would have to draft both wrestlers. I had opted to take one wrestler over the other because I felt that if the other fighter was drafted between my picks that I would have had more options. The guy who I selected had less perceived value than the guy who I took though. If I knew that I could just drop the wrestlers if things didn’t go my way then I would have. This is only my second draft but that was never listed as an option.

Plus one more thing with Johnson going back into the draft is that whoever is first on at noon would get first dibs on him. Not is not fair in my book in free agency rounds. For sure example I am working twelve hour nights tonight and will still be asleep at noon tomorrow. To me free agency are for the wrestlers who have all been passed over and their is a free for all in them.

I think if someone gets stuck with a wrestler that they do not want then they should just be used as a special referee or a manager or in Johnson’s case as a bodyguard. Simple way around it.

Oh it's true, it's DAMN true.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I received a legal letter that if I draft any other "celebrities" that Donald Trump will not appear at my show.
He would say that. I think I know who he had send it too. He's pissed I broke it off with him before he broke it off with me. Just...tell Donny that it has to be about someone else sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: GongShowWilly

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You mean until nameless told us he was done. :D
It's not that he didn't put together a great card, AND storyline***, but that I just might've had to miss out on too many work days to see it, hell just reading and grasping everything. But I'm sorry I didn't vote it up last year. That was the one card I wanted to vote up. He would duck out on me this year, after getting me to get heavier in this shit last year LOL

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I revisited some Nowinski this year. Great talent despite his lack of experience. Decent enough on the mic and in the ring but loads of great character work.
Shame how his career ended.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I will probably be finished picking tomorrow. More importantly however, I am surprised but thrilled that the The Gambler was drafted.

Last edited:

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
I will probably be finished picking tomorrow. More importantly however, I am surprised but thrilled that the The Gambler drafted.

He was born to be in my card , perfect roll for him , couldn't pass it up
I have one pick left , then I will be done !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad