HF Wrestling Draft 2018 - Discussion Thread #2

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Thanks for putting it all together Chris, I always have so much fun with this draft. I'll be casting votes later tonight so I have time to read everyone's stuff and maybe check out some wrestlers I am unfamiliar with.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Thanks for putting it all together Chris, I always have so much fun with this draft. I'll be casting votes later tonight so I have time to read everyone's stuff and maybe check out some wrestlers I am unfamiliar with.
No problem! It's always a blast to see how it unfolds and the ideas of the posters on this board :)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Venue Count:

5x - New York
2x - Philadelphia
1x - Alberta
1x - Florida/Mars
1x - The Island of Misfit Toys :laugh:

No one ran in Chicago or Japan this year?
Good call! LOL I wonder how many actual other NYers picked NY...Chicago rules, its just too hot or too cold there.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I think this is the first year I've used NY, in hindsight I wish I didn't if only to be different.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just finished looking at the cards.

We all f***ing rule.

There’s literally not one card I wouldn’t want to to watch.

Prior to reading them all, I would have been disappointed not making it far, but no matter what, we’re all getting eliminated by other quality cards.

This is awesome

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
There's still a few cards I haven't gotten to sink my teeth into just yet.
Can tell everyone put effort into their cards.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Can't thank me, I hit the randomizer up 5 times :naughty:
So in other words you didnt go with the first random order, or the second. Or the third. Or even the fourth. FIVE times you hit the "randomizer" until it matched the 10 cards appropriately to your liking!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Getting ready to go through them now. My cursory glaces told me that people spent a lot of time building the cards up and not just throwing a bunch of names out, which I like. I will do a drive by on each card and give a few thoughts.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It actually takes a long time to get through all of the cards and it seems like everyone has a card that would be worth watching. Really strong work put into presentation too.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
My fav first round match up has lions tigers bears and some nutcase dancing around beating the shit out of himself

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1) Thank you @Chris Cutter for doing this every year. I can't say it enough. This is so much fun.

2) You f***ing jerks are killing it. Every card is so good. Usually there are like 3-4 easy matches and there are no easy matches. The creativity this year is through the roof.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Hey guys. Seeing as I lost in the first round I would like to ask you to play a little game. If you had my roster what matches would you make.

Okada
Jericho
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Christian
British Bulldog
Adam Cole
Jimmy Snuka
Pentagon Dark
Goldust
Vampiro
Bob Orton
Bobby Lashley
Monster Matanza
Steve Blackman
Shane McMahon
Chief Jay Strongbow
Kung Kong Bundy
Jinder Mahal
Hurricane Helms
Tye Dillinger
Angélico
Son of Havoc
Joey Ryan
Doink the Clown
Singh brothers
Dario Cueto
Ivelisse

Ladder match
Hardcore match
Ironman match

Reactions: quoipourquoi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I won't speak to your entire card, but your Main Event was great. One change I would have made would have been to have Adam Cole vs Christian straight up.

Jinder Mahal is considered a jobber here, so having him in one of your title matches didn't really help you.

As soon as you got both Matt & Jeff, I think priority number one should have been to find another top tag team to face them, even if you lost out on Christian due to it. Even if you nagged Roderick Strong instead of Steve Blackman, Adam Cole + Roderick Strong vs The Hardy's would have done extremely well and then you find someone else to face Christian. Heck, Bulldog vs Christian could work with the right story behind it.

Reactions: theedge9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Hey guys. Seeing as I lost in the first round I would like to ask you to play a little game. If you had my roster what matches would you make.

Okada
Jericho
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Christian
British Bulldog
Adam Cole
Jimmy Snuka
Pentagon Dark
Goldust
Vampiro
Bob Orton
Bobby Lashley
Monster Matanza
Steve Blackman
Shane McMahon
Chief Jay Strongbow
Kung Kong Bundy
Jinder Mahal
Hurricane Helms
Tye Dillinger
Angélico
Son of Havoc
Joey Ryan
Doink the Clown
Singh brothers
Dario Cueto
Ivelisse

Ladder match
Hardcore match
Ironman match

I will have a look at this later, though I think that many of your matches were correct given the wrestlers. It was a good card overall and a solid improvement from the card last year. This card has a lot of really out there characters so some pairings become tricky.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00