HF Wrestling Draft 2018 - Discussion Thread #2

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@M.C.G. 31 was a very good Assistant GM.

We were on the same page the entire time. I wanted Almas and Alister Black on my card. Our original plan for the top of the card looked something like;

CM Punk vs Alister Black
Tetsuya Naito vs Andrade Almas
Goldberg vs The Giant/Big Show
Dean Ambrose vs Tommy Dreamer/Terry Funk/Sabu [Hardcore Match]
Cesaro or Sheamus vs Katsuyori Shibata

Black went far earlier than we expected. Big Show went before we could get him. We decided to get The Uso's before they got taken.

Overall our plan from Page 1 of our PM's came out pretty close.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cor was wise to make Naito-Almas though.

You’re dead to me.

@M.C.G. 31 was a very good Assistant GM.

We were on the same page the entire time. I wanted Almas and Alister Black on my card. Our original plan for the top of the card looked something like;

CM Punk vs Alister Black
Tetsuya Naito vs Andrade Almas
Goldberg vs The Giant/Big Show
Dean Ambrose vs Tommy Dreamer/Terry Funk/Sabu [Hardcore Match]
Cesaro or Sheamus vs Katsuyori Shibata

Black went far earlier than we expected. Big Show went before we could get him. We decided to get The Uso's before they got taken.

Overall our plan from Page 1 of our PM's came out pretty close.

True that. Although, you wanted Punk vs. Black and I was DYING for Tanahashi and to do Punk vs. Tanahashi until I think Emp took him.

That made me sad.

Why did you have interest in re-doing Show vs Goldberg?

We wanted a big draw as co-main, although until Brody was taken I would have been content with Batista/Show/Goldberg vs. Bruiser Brody under Punk/Tana, Almas/Naito and Usos/Switchblade Conspiracy. He was taken early though so it never came up in discussions.

Cor and I had some disagreements though. If we were doing a boxing fight, I wanted Mayweather vs. Tyson. He took The Wolves, Revival with staggered individual picks, but disagreements happen and he was the one making the post at the end of the day.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You realized Tana was available and we were going to take him with our upcoming pick but he was taken.

Don’t make it seem like I wasn’t picking him despite realizing he was available

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You realized Tana was available and we were going to take him with our upcoming pick but he was taken.

Don’t make it seem like I wasn’t picking him despite realizing he was available
I’ll go on record as saying I didn’t want Punk vs. Black. I don’t think Black is big enough for the main event as a name yet.

Tana in the spot was too good to pass, though. I think that was the Shibata pick, and i was willing to miss out on him for Tana when I realized we could do Punk vs. Tana.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AND IM LOOKING THROUGH THE PM’s AGAIN AND ALMAS VS. NAITO WAS MY IDEA :rant::laugh:

Shibata/Sheamus too, but Shibata/Benoit would have been strong style until they’re skin tore off and craniums were caved in.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AND IM LOOKING THROUGH THE PM’s AGAIN AND ALMAS VS. NAITO WAS MY IDEA :rant::laugh:

Shibata/Sheamus too, but Shibata/Benoit would have been strong style until they’re skin tore off and craniums were caved in.

I wanted Almas.

You want Naito.

It was your idea to put Naito against Almas.

Sheamus vs Shibata was your idea but both were on my list.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wanted Almas too!

This was literally the first time he was mentioned

“Meh on Punk vs. Black when you have better wrestlers on the board, like Naito.

Honestly, I’d take Naito and then try taking Almas/La Sombra. Build up your wealth and get creative. You could be in a situation where you have a viable opponent for Punk, Ambrose, and can have Almas vs. Naito as your third top match in the battle of Los Ingobernales Mexico and Japan.”

When you brought up taking Black for Punk/Black

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Looking through, Sheamus/Shibata was on your list too.

I remember wanting Punk vs. Ramon too at the start lol.

We were on the same page 95% of the time though for sure.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Have to say that from what I remember of last year's cards, I think this year's cards overall were more impressive. What's crazy about that is that the draft wasn't split like last year either. I honestly didn't think while this draft was taking place that I'd like as many cards or as much about them as I did, but just some amazing stuff from everyone and across the board. Best part about it is that it opened me up to other viewpoints of wrestlers and the whole process has helped me learn more about a lot of guys who I just wasn't familiar with seeing as how I stopped following wrestling at least a decade ago. What's interesting is that I think there is some amazing talent in the wrestling business right now, but the best doesn't seem to get the most visibility though. Hopefully NXT helps to change that over time.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The polls were open for 3-4 days each round...

I was as much commenting on my own predicament with work, another draft and other obligations. That said the first round or two take a bit time to consider, or at least this year's did with some of the amazing cards.

Reactions: theedge9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I've not been one to take the voting results very seriously here, but I do like seeing what the others think. I think that two things should be established for future editions of this:

1. Don't run to some board unrelated to the wrestling draft looking for your buddies to vote for you, whether the board for your favourite team or anywhere else. Keep it in the discussion or the match up threads.

2. Don't change your vote unless it was a legitimate error, and if you change it let it be known.

This thing looks pretty ridiculous right now, and it was ridiculous enough in the first being a wrestling draft on a hockey board. The weak vote begging happened at least twice and the vote changing has happened several times as well. I also wouldn't blame Chris Cutter if he said to hell with it going forward. Are those two above rules enforceable? I don't know. I know that Chris Cutter said something about only allowing votes to count from posters who voted on each match up, but really if there isn't vote begging then it shouldn't be an issue. I would enjoy the process just as much with no voting, but if there is going to be voting it may as well not be a gongshow.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I can't believe some people got Aaron A. Aaronson, Richie Valens, The Big Bopper and Snowball II to vote for them.
Disgraceful.

Reactions: Morozov

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It's pretty easy. CP said he'd forfeit if anyone had a problem, so we wait to see if he's a man of his word.

Of course, he also changed his vote to try to restore balance after his screw up, but then backed out on that, so he probably won't.

We know who took the real L here already, the guy whose total was bumped up by several people who didn't vote in any other contest (one in one other to save face) because he went vote begging elsewhere. Then said he'd forfeit if anyone had a problem with it. Then proceeded to lash out at people who had a problem with it.

The L was given out days ago.

If this crap actually gets treated as a tie then I'll go ahead and forfeit, and unlike CP I'll live up to it. If we're playing a popularity contest then I'm not into it anyway.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would just guess the tiebreaker is most likes received... and I mean.... my content speaks for itself. Soooooooo?

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
You get to decide who advances. You said you'd forfeit, you created the whole mess, you benefited from the extra votes, you changed yours to try balance it out only to back out on that too.

You can advance or not, it's up to you. You sapped the fun out of it and ruined the genuine contest. If you want to win like that feel free. It's entirely up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: theedge9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->