OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Instead of waiting for the Switch version to come out, I think I'll just buy the 3DS version for cheap. I'll be needing various forms of entertainment if I'm going to be in this weird device that's supposed to bend my leg for me for 6 hours a day...

Honestly that may be the only 3DS game I regret purchasing...Smash on the 3DS is the worst possible way to play Smash. It bordered on painful to play.

Some game just demand a controller be used.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Honestly that may be the only 3DS game I regret purchasing...Smash on the 3DS is the worst possible way to play Smash. It bordered on painful to play.

Some game just demand a controller be used.

I was actually talking about Animal Crossing. But I owned Smash4 for both 3DS and WiiU, and yeah, it was a pain to play on the 3DS.

I really liked the 3DS Earthbound stage (Magicant?), though. The one with Flying Man.

asdadasdads.PNG

How's retirement?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I was actually talking about Animal Crossing. But I owned Smash4 for both 3DS and WiiU, and yeah, it was a pain to play on the 3DS.

D'oh. In that case yeah, go crazy. That's the only Animal Crossing game I've ever played...I definitely see the appeal, but I'm more the binge a game until I never want to play it again type than the play for a bit every day type (Stardew Valley and the old Harvest Moons are more my speed because of that).

I really liked the 3DS Earthbound stage (Magicant?), though. The one with Flying Man.

asdadasdads.PNG

How's retirement?

Earthbound may be my most inexplicable gaming blind spot. I've tried to start it a couple times, but always get distracted...and my JRPG backlog is always so huge that it's never at the top of the list.

One of my earlier memories was being at a K-Mart and being given the choice between two SNES games as my first non-Mario game to own...Earthbound or Mario Paint. I made the right decision for a 6 year-old, but it's hard not to regret that now :laugh:

Oh, and if you can't tell my parents didn't know anything about gaming. The choice was based entirely on both games coming in giant boxes (Earthbound because of the guide I wouldn't have been able to read; Mario Paint because of the mouse).

Retirement sucks. Everything is awful all the time. Eat Arby's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Earthbound may be my most inexplicable gaming blind spot. I've tried to start it a couple times, but always get distracted...and my JRPG backlog is always so huge that it's never at the top of the list.

One of my earlier memories was being at a K-Mart and being given the choice between two SNES games as my first non-Mario game to own...Earthbound or Mario Paint. I made the right decision for a 6 year-old, but it's hard not to regret that now :laugh:

Oh, and if you can't tell my parents didn't know anything about gaming. The choice was based entirely on both games coming in giant boxes (Earthbound because of the guide I wouldn't have been able to read; Mario Paint because of the mouse).

Retirement sucks. Everything is awful all the time. Eat Arby's.

I bought and downloaded Earthbound on the WiiU. It's a difficult RPG and I have not made it far at all -- I doubt I ever will. It was probably a good choice going with Mario Paint. Growing up I went from the NES to the Genesis and then back to Nintendo with the N64. I've missed out on a whole bunch of late NES-era classics and almost all of the SNES games.

And you sound like Mike Lange. Apparently he eats there extremely often.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why is Justice League just coming out on DVD in November when the Blu-Ray version has been out for a while now?

Edit: Nevermind. I don't know why Best Buy's website listed it as being released November 2018 when I see it was released back in like March.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We had chinese food tonight and we planned to order it the day before, instead of ordering rice so it saves us time, my gf made it in the rice cooker the night before.

Mind you, she's Asian.

She cooked the rice on the "keep warm setting" and as I was eating it, I noticed the rice tasted funky....turns out it wasn't cooked well and we both have food poisoning.

SHE HAD ONE JOB! ONE JOB!

Now I squirt out of my bum.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Castlevania Season 2!!!!!

Man, I miss this game and the animated series was fantastic.

Also, I wish Richard Armitage would be the guy that took over for Ben Affleck if Hamm passes and Affleck leaves.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Big McLargehuge @Empoleon8771

I ordered Animal Crossing: New Leaf last night. Matter of fact... I have a backlog of 3DS games to play. Like Metroid Samus Returns.

@ColePens I'm heading out to Pie for Breakfast for lunch. I'll be getting breakfast and won't be getting pie.

Im very interested in ur take on pie. And i would get a piece to share. You are there.... might as well.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Holy jesus. And I thought 9 innings was f***ing boring enough. They've done almost double? Gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad