OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
This. Obviously we cannot get into politics, but i am so sick of shootings happening almost like it's a regular occurrence. I am so sick to my stomach over having people die. It's hard enough to live in this world with the way cancer and other diseases are. The short time we get to learn, live, and love should never ever ever be taken.

Yeah, this one hit home in the way other shootings recently haven't, because I had a lot of friends when I was younger who went to shule at L'simcha. And it was at a bris, for pete's sake! I haven't heard yet if the little kid survived. :(

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not sure why my post got purged. Meant it to be optimistic and not political in anyway. Oh well.

Praying for all.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It really is stupid. Not sure why he did it but it doesn’t matter walk away move on. So much needless death in the world and that’s not even getting into all the kids that die from things related to not getting the proper nutrition (and other preventive measures). It’s in the millions!

Charity wise that’s basically the only thing I give too. Helping people get the right food. Whether it’s helping start their own business or education so they can get ahead/be able to grow their own foods.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I live three blocks from Tree of Life. But despite the close proximity, I'm not that shocked. I subconsciously expect a mass shooting just about everywhere.

Reactions: Andy99

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I live three blocks from Tree of Life. But despite the close proximity, I'm not that shocked. I subconsciously expect a mass shooting just about everywhere.

And unfortunately I expect to experience/be at one in my life. Hell, some of my friends already were when that guy shot up LA Fitness. I always make sure I know where the exits are.

Reactions: tom_servo

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do you actually believe that or is it just a visceral reaction to a tragedy?

It's a great time to be alive, relative to the entirety of human history.

It's a clear reaction to what is going on. Let's not dive into that discussion right now. It leads to politics or stuff that doesn't need to be debated at a time where we can all agree is a time to mourn.

Reactions: DegenX

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To something a little less down, I just placed an order for Captain toad on the switch. The reviews are great, has anyone here ever played it?

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
To something a little less down, I just placed an order for Captain toad on the switch. The reviews are great, has anyone here ever played it?

Been thinking about getting a switch on the new year. Is there any new portable game consoles coming out soon that I should wait for?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Been thinking about getting a switch on the new year. Is there any new portable game consoles coming out soon that I should wait for?

I don't think so, I'd 100% say you should get a switch though. It has games in all varieties, I think the only area it is weak in is sports games. That's just dependent on EA extending beyond FIFA on the switch.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, this one hit home in the way other shootings recently haven't, because I had a lot of friends when I was younger who went to shule at L'simcha. And it was at a bris, for pete's sake! I haven't heard yet if the little kid survived. :(

No kids I believe....I grew up in Squirrel Hill and am Jewish, different temple...my parents live within a few blocks of Tree of Life....they’ve been hearing no children were shot or injured...a neighbor’s son was there and he got out early...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
This. Obviously we cannot get into politics, but i am so sick of shootings happening almost like it's a regular occurrence. I am so sick to my stomach over having people die. It's hard enough to live in this world with the way cancer and other diseases are. The short time we get to learn, live, and love should never ever ever be taken.

My wife told me today she wants to move back home to Canada and she’s done living in such a violent country.

After having lived seven years in Canada and desperately missing the peace I feel there, I struggled to even argue with her.

My only reason for being here is so my daughter and father can be together.

Was happy to see this post after everything going on today TBTH.

We bought the game for my daughter a couple years back and she begged me to beat bosses she struggled with, so I actually played the game a lot. It’s really cool, just don’t do the maze time trials... it was a nightmare and my daughter kept begging me to finish it... heed my warning!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nothing really, I am thinking about getting as well mostly because my gf wants it too and she really doesn't game besides on my snes classic that I modded to have Dr.Mario/Tetris.

I just like beating her ass in games and then smash talking her, I really want Mario Kart, lol.

The portable gaming bit was Nintendo's market when the DS destroyed the PSP. I wonder if that might awaken people to make a portable device again with the success of the Switch.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Nothing really, I am thinking about getting as well mostly because my gf wants it too and she really doesn't game besides on my snes classic that I modded to have Dr.Mario/Tetris.

I just like beating her ass in games and then smash talking her, I really want Mario Kart, lol.

The portable gaming bit was Nintendo's market when the DS destroyed the PSP. I wonder if that might awaken people to make a portable device again with the success of the Switch.

Played the DS when I worked in summer camps. At least one of the kids would play up during the day so they’d lose their DS for the night :laugh:

One night I was sitting on our cabin deck playing on a DS while the kids were in bed reading or playing on their DS’s. I hear a lot of laughing so I go on pictochat and see one of them write “Tom (not my real name) sucks Jesse’s (a camper) balls” I replied “Hey this is Tom” then I hear one of the kids yell out “oh ****” :laugh:
Can’t really be mad a kids when your laughing lol

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
:hhal:
My Zombie pug :laugh:

60FCEBEE-295D-4E9F-A7E2-7BA8F9108717.jpeg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
No kids I believe....I grew up in Squirrel Hill and am Jewish, different temple...my parents live within a few blocks of Tree of Life....they’ve been hearing no children were shot or injured...a neighbor’s son was there and he got out early...

My aunt lived a mile from there and belonged for years. I told @ColePens earlier that I probably went there two dozen times as a kid between high holidays and bar/bat mitzvahs. Just awful.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My aunt lived a mile from there and belonged for years. I told @ColePens earlier that I probably went there two dozen times as a kid between high holidays and bar/bat mitzvahs. Just awful.

We were reform....Rodef Shalom...I think I went to Tree a couple times though as a kid for someone else’s bar mitzvah too...I remember a family friend who was filmmaker made a film in the 70s there—-God and Mr. ?, don’t remember the title— and I was an extra in the film coming out of the synagogue or on the front steps...that’s my main memory of the place....

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My wife told me today she wants to move back home to Canada and she’s done living in such a violent country.

After having lived seven years in Canada and desperately missing the peace I feel there, I struggled to even argue with her.

My only reason for being here is so my daughter and father can be together.

I always talk about wanting to move to Europe or Canada, but I honestly think I'm at the point where I'd legitimately consider it. Obviously it's not only the shootings, it's a lot of things, but these things fuel me even more to want to take my family line back to Germany. My grandma moved to the US from Germany after WWII as a teenager, I still sometimes think she made the wrong decision.

I've started to look at jobs with Rolls Royce Nuclear in the UK whenever I've had free time recently, more so for curiousity but I wonder if it's more than that.

Was happy to see this post after everything going on today TBTH.

We bought the game for my daughter a couple years back and she begged me to beat bosses she struggled with, so I actually played the game a lot. It’s really cool, just don’t do the maze time trials... it was a nightmare and my daughter kept begging me to finish it... heed my warning!

This is good to hear, days like today make me to wait to just cuddle up in a blanket and play a relaxing and happy game. Captain Toad should be great for that.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Dude was a conspiracy theorist anti semite who believed Jewish people ruled the county and were destroying it for everyone else.

Some people are just lunatics. I hope they nail him to the wall. I cant believe they even took his behind to the hospital afterward.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
And unfortunately I expect to experience/be at one in my life. Hell, some of my friends already were when that guy shot up LA Fitness. I always make sure I know where the exits are.

Wow. I can't believe anyone EXPECTS to be in a non-natural disaster mass casualty event. That's an immense paranoia to carry all day.

By all means, know exits. For fire and other reasons.

But wow. I'm sorry you actually feel that way.

I always talk about wanting to move to Europe or Canada, but I honestly think I'm at the point where I'd legitimately consider it. Obviously it's not only the shootings, it's a lot of things, but these things fuel me even more to want to take my family line back to Germany. My grandma moved to the US from Germany after WWII as a teenager, I still sometimes think she made the wrong decision.

I've started to look at jobs with Rolls Royce Nuclear in the UK whenever I've had free time recently, more so for curiousity but I wonder if it's more than that.

This is good to hear, days like today make me to wait to just cuddle up in a blanket and play a relaxing and happy game. Captain Toad should be great for that.

Lol. Good luck with Germany. Maybe twenty years ago.

My family is from there and it's not nearly as idyllic anymore. :(

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad