OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
To add to this, I think ray and Dex are the real standouts of the season. Sister Maggie was also great. Oviously Fisk is awesome. Karen was far better than she had been in dd2, punisher, or defenders. Foggy was solid, and Matt's story has brought him back to being Matt again which I think is great.

I really loved pretty much everything about it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
To add to this, I think ray and Dex are the real standouts of the season. Sister Maggie was also great. Oviously Fisk is awesome. Karen was far better than she had been in dd2, punisher, or defenders. Foggy was solid, and Matt's story has brought him back to being Matt again which I think is great.

I really loved pretty much everything about it.
Everyone was good, but the whole Matt story thing, it's like they took 3 seasons to do this, 3 seasons!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Everyone was good, but the whole Matt story thing, it's like they took 3 seasons to do this, 3 seasons!
Why is it bad to develop him over time instead of all at once? One to set him up trying to balance his two lives, one to break him down and show why he thinks balance can't work, and one to rebuild. I honestly don't get the criticism.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why is it bad to develop him over time instead of all at once? One to set him up trying to balance, one to break him down and show why he thinks balance can't work, and one to rebuild. I honestly don't get the criticism.
They've been developing him for 3 f***ing seasons dude.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If a show stops developing the main character, the show probably should have already ended.
The thing is, you can't keep going back to the well for developing him, they had a few people they touched on and they did a good job on that, but if you keep spending so much time in the past of a character and then his whole "re-rise" as his alter ego, it's tiring.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The thing is, you can't keep going back to the well for developing him, they had a few people they touched on and they did a good job on that, but if you keep spending so much time in the past of a character and then his whole "re-rise" as his alter ego, it's tiring.
They aren't going back to any well, they are continuing ongoing character arcs.
1. He started off wanting to balance life as Matt and DD. Along the way it was getting people hurt and caused him to lose focus on both, so he thought he had to choose one. He chooses DD. He sees his attachments as weakness

2. He doesn't kill, and leaves Fisk alive in season one. He battles with this all of season two against both punisher and Elektra. Then with Fisk out in season 3 he decides that punisher was right. He has to sacrifice his own soul to stop him.

Bringing them together, his friends end up helping him again. They basically save his soul by convincing him not to kill Fisk. He realises that they are a strength, not a weakness.

And he has never had to re-rise as daredevil. He was always daredevil. It's Matt that was lost and needed to be revived.

His character has had ongoing development. It has followed along from start to finish but it has not repeated itself. It has common themes of anger and abandonment issues and questions on how to balance these two sides of himself, but it's not going back to old points. It's continuing those points to their next stage.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They aren't going back to any well, they are continuing ongoing character arcs.
1. He started off wanting to balance life as Matt and DD. Along the way it was getting people hurt and caused him to lose focus on both, so he thought he had to choose one. He chooses DD. He sees his attachments as weakness

2. He doesn't kill, and leaves Fisk alive in season one. He battles with this all of season two against both punisher and Elektra. Then with Fisk out in season 3 he decides that punisher was right. He has to sacrifice his own soul to stop him.

Bringing them together, his friends end up helping him again. They basically save his soul by convincing him not to kill Fisk. He realises that they are a strength, not a weakness.

And he has never had to re-rise as daredevil. He was always daredevil. It's Matt that was lost and needed to be revived.

His character has had ongoing development. It has followed along from start to finish but it has not repeated itself. It has common themes of anger and abandonment issues and questions on how to balance these two sides of himself, but it's not going back to old points. It's continuing those points to their next stage.
Alright fine, you make good points.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dude they kept developing him for like FIVE ****ing seasons come on :laugh:

</s>
iRHAm9z.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The rest of the Smash Bros Ultimate roster got leaked it looks like. I've seen a lot of convincing fake leaks before, but this one takes the cake. The new characters are
Banjo Kazooie, Isaac, Mach Rider, Geno and Chorus Kids, with Ken and Shadow as Echo Fighters

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The rest of the Smash Bros Ultimate roster got leaked it looks like. I've seen a lot of convincing fake leaks before, but this one takes the cake. The new characters are
Banjo Kazooie, Isaac, Mach Rider, Geno and Chorus Kids, with Ken and Shadow as Echo Fighters

Nice. On the flip side, I feel bad for Sakurai as he hates leaks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nice. On the flip side, I feel bad for Sakurai as he hates leaks.

Yeah for sure, he wanted to keep it quiet but some random French guy leaked all of this stuff. I bet he's disappointed, but the leaks are pretty much making everyone super hyped to play this game. I think it will probably be the highest selling Switch game up to date, even beating out BotW and Super Mario Odyssey. And hey, I actually spelled Odyssey right the first time there.

I bought Animal Crossing for the Gamecube off of Ebay on Monday, and it apparently is delivered already today. That's crazy, it wasn't projected to get here until next Monday but the seller got the disk to USPS within an hour of me ordering the game. I want to get hyped for Animal Crossing on the Switch, which looks like it will be out in early 2019.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yeah for sure, he wanted to keep it quiet but some random French guy leaked all of this stuff. I bet he's disappointed, but the leaks are pretty much making everyone super hyped to play this game. I think it will probably be the highest selling Switch game up to date, even beating out BotW and Super Mario Odyssey. And hey, I actually spelled Odyssey right the first time there.

I bought Animal Crossing for the Gamecube off of Ebay on Monday, and it apparently is delivered already today. That's crazy, it wasn't projected to get here until next Monday but the seller got the disk to USPS within an hour of me ordering the game. I want to get hyped for Animal Crossing on the Switch, which looks like it will be out in early 2019.

Oh man, I can't wait for Animal Crossing. Loved it on GameCube. If it were to come out before Thanksgiving this year (impossible) I'd be sure grateful. But I guess Smash'll have to do.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh man, I can't wait for Animal Crossing. Loved it on GameCube. If it were to come out before Thanksgiving this year (impossible) I'd be sure grateful. But I guess Smash'll have to do.

I just looked it up, it sounds like the rumored Animal Crossing release date for the Switch is in March or April of next year. Considering it was only announced in September, I think you have to be really happy if that ends up being the case.

I know Smash Bros is out on December 2nd, but I'm not sure if there are any significant games between that release and Animal Crossing that catch my eye. I'm thinking Yoshi's Crafted World, which is out around New Year's, is going to be like Kirby All-Star Allies and be insanely easy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I loaded up Animal Crossing on the GameCube tonight, and I can't even describe the feeling I had when I learned Isabelle wasn't included in that game yet. I was genuinely deflated when I learned she wasn't introduced until New Leaf, I had never felt that kind of disappointment in a game before :laugh:

I'm going to try a new thing tomorrow, I'm going to go to the gym before work. Seeing how I start work at 7, this should be interesting. Waking up at 4:45 to go to LA fitness better be worth it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I loaded up Animal Crossing on the GameCube tonight, and I can't even describe the feeling I had when I learned Isabelle wasn't included in that game yet. I was genuinely deflated when I learned she wasn't introduced until New Leaf, I had never felt that kind of disappointment in a game before :laugh:

I'm going to try a new thing tomorrow, I'm going to go to the gym before work. Seeing how I start work at 7, this should be interesting. Waking up at 4:45 to go to LA fitness better be worth it.

I have only played the GC version so I don't get why Isabelle is such a big deal.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
AC_Isabelle_7XU6aGu.17345b1513ac044897cfc243542899dce541e8dc.9afde10b.png

Look at this face and tell me she isn't adorable :laugh:

Instead of waiting for the Switch version to come out, I think I'll just buy the 3DS version for cheap. I'll be needing various forms of entertainment if I'm going to be in this weird device that's supposed to bend my leg for me for 6 hours a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad