OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just emailed my realty company and asked them their dog policy. I know they don't allow dogs, but I'm hoping that me renting with them for over 2 years now (and my sister renting with them for 3 years) may be enough for them to give me an exception. We'll see though, I personally don't understand why cats are fine but small dogs would be a problem. I wouldn't say a small yippy dog has any more destructive potential than a cat, which is why they have the "no dogs" rule.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Anyone that plays fantasy football need a sounding board for a trade. From me Kupp + Brieda for Hyde + Jones Jr.

My WR depth is Brown, Evans, Theilen, Boyd, Kupp, and Edelman. My RB depth is Fournette, Yeldon, White, and Brieda.

8 teams in a PPR format. Thoughts?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
GOd damn it, I wanted to complain about the horrific dialogue in that Wrinkle in Time garbage that is on netflix.

How did this movie earn money? Were the moviegoers suffering from some sort of brain trauma?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
GOd damn it, I wanted to complain about the horrific dialogue in that Wrinkle in Time garbage that is on netflix.

How did this movie earn money? Were the moviegoers suffering from some sort of brain trauma?
Did it earn money? It looks like it made close to its budget back, but that doesn't include any marketing which there was a lot of. Pretty sure it's considered a bomb.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Did it earn money? It looks like it made close to its budget back, but that doesn't include any marketing which there was a lot of .

It did not. Not even close if the Wikipedia numbers are right. It’s an overly ambitious movie imo. A miniseries that Netflix or Amazon threw money at might have worked better but I’m not sure. Also. Child. Actors.

Speaking of Netflix, I’m slogging my way through the second season of the iron fist. It might be less bad than season1?

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It did not. Not even close if the Wikipedia numbers are right. It’s an overly ambitious movie imo. A miniseries that Netflix or Amazon threw money at might have worked better but I’m not sure. Also. Child. Actors.

Speaking of Netflix, I’m slogging my way through the second season of the iron fist. It might be less bad than season1?
I have heard pretty much all good stuff about if2 honestly. But I haven't gotten to it yet because Luke cage is such a slog.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I have heard pretty much all good stuff about if2 honestly. But I haven't gotten to it yet because Luke cage is such a slog.

I’m only on episode 4, idk. I’d read more positive things and it’s better than how season 1 started but I’m not enjoying it. Season 2 of Luke Cage was better than season 1 in some ways but still not amazing. Alfre Woodard was a weak point and I didn’t see that coming, but it was an entire arc of it. The 2nd seasons of these shows seem to have a trend I’m not enjoying. Luke Cage is an unlikable idiot to fit the trend.

I just want to be caught up for DD S3

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

IF2 is actually pretty solid.

I thought it was better than Luke Cage as a whole.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
At least someone taught Finn Jones how to move when fighting this season.

Just finished episode 5 and the best I can say is that it's better than season 1 so far. Not exactly a high bar to clear. Certainly not anywhere near the quality of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Right now I’d still take Luke Cage but neither are shows I’d still be watching on their own.

Honestly, out of "Comic book tv shows"....Krypton is far superior imo.

They just cast Lobo.

LOBO....FINALLY.

God damn it DC, If Joker does well, I hope they just abandon the other timeline and go ahead with this one.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Honestly, out of "Comic book tv shows"....Krypton is far superior imo.

They just cast Lobo.

LOBO....FINALLY.

God damn it DC, If Joker does well, I hope they just abandon the other timeline and go ahead with this one.

Worth watching or just better than “I’m only watching this because it’s slightly interconnected to shows I like”?

I’ve been watching Supermansion and it’s a good Archeresque take on superheroes. Bryan Cranston voices the main character.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Worth watching or just better than “I’m only watching this because it’s slightly interconnected to shows I like”?

I’ve been watching Supermansion and it’s a good Archeresque take on superheroes. Bryan Cranston voices the main character.

SuperMansion you say?

Krypton is good because it is doing its own thing. It's about Superman's Grandfather Seg-el and you get glimpses of Doomsday, you are introduced to Zod, the council, everything. It's pretty solid if you ever wanted to see that part of Superman's family explored. I hate the CW crap.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
At least someone taught Finn Jones how to move when fighting this season.

Just finished episode 5 and the best I can say is that it's better than season 1 so far. Not exactly a high bar to clear. Certainly not anywhere near the quality of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

They finally figured out that darkness and masks help hide the stunt double. Aka what DD does so well.

Or the Punisher. It’s not like Netflix hasn’t been able to make good MCU shows or they haven’t made a good one in years.

Legends of Tomorrow is the best comic book show on the air currently. I will not entertain any other answers.

I still need to watch it.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Legends of Tomorrow is the best comic book show on the air currently. I will not entertain any other answers.

Was that one part of the 4 show crossover with The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl?

If so I’ve seen an episode :laugh:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I still need to watch it.

The 1st season is not very good. They were trying to make it serious like Arrow and Hawkgirl and Hawkman were just freaking awful, characters and actors.

From season 2 on they ran with the silliness and it has been a joy.

That crossover was fun

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
SuperMansion you say?

I do say. If someone likes Archer I think they’d like it.

giphy.gif

Krypton is good because it is doing its own thing. It's about Superman's Grandfather Seg-el and you get glimpses of Doomsday, you are introduced to Zod, the council, everything. It's pretty solid if you ever wanted to see that part of Superman's family explored. I hate the CW crap.

I’ll add it to the list and probably watch it years from now. I’ve tried with the CW superhero shows. Arrow was fine until he stopped killing for whatever reason, Supergirl was better before the CW got it and the Flash annoyed me. The CW can be entertaining but not so much with those shows.

If it’s that then I’m thinking of the other thing that people liked. Someone remind me.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The 1st season is not very good. They were trying to make it serious like Arrow and Hawkgirl and Hawkman were just freaking awful, characters and actors.

From season 2 on they ran with the silliness and it has been a joy.

That crossover was fun

Yeah it was a great crossover. Except I had no idea about and I’m watching The Flash and it jumps to an episode that I have no clue what’s going on. I thought my brain was acting up :laugh:

There was one that wasn’t on Netflix so I had to download that one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gotham is ok, it kind of does its own thing and I like the gritty violence and the villains. Krypton isn't on CW thank god.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah it was a great crossover. Except I had no idea about and I’m watching The Flash and it jumps to an episode that I have no clue what’s going on. I thought my brain was acting up :laugh:

There was one that wasn’t on Netflix so I had to download that one.

Arrow, Flash, and Legends cross over with Supergirl as well. There are episodes that will confuse the f*** out of you if you're just watching 1, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad