OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
AyAWUZj.jpg

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yup. Politics have gotten too toxic to deal with. This is a hockey site, better to focus on hockey. Let people have their toxic tantrums elsewhere. There are no shortage of places for that.

I don't disagree, but I also feel like things aren't going to get better for pushing it further away from mainstream rationalism.

Anyway, 2 more days until me and the wife return to Pittsburgh on holiday, and I'm just uber-stressed about everything. I should be doing stuff to solve that rather than loitering around here, but the latter is far more attractive. Going to be far too busy once we're there too. Thank gods none of the other possible weddings are likely before we (probably) migrate.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I don't disagree, but I also feel like things aren't going to get better for pushing it further away from mainstream rationalism.

Anyway, 2 more days until me and the wife return to Pittsburgh on holiday, and I'm just uber-stressed about everything. I should be doing stuff to solve that rather than loitering around here, but the latter is far more attractive. Going to be far too busy once we're there too. Thank gods none of the other possible weddings are likely before we (probably) migrate.

Neat. What all do you have planned?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Neat. What all do you have planned?

One day of beer - hopefully Dancing Gnome and the chocolate stout release, but a lot of time at the bar she used to work at hanging out with her old friends and regulars, Friday is the wedding decorations, Saturday the wedding, Sunday eating gobbleritos and saying hi to her best friend's new baby, then off to Florida where we stay with her cousin for a couple of days and do theme park stuff, before 4 days of Disney with a lot of her family.

Gonna need a holiday at the end of it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
One day of beer - hopefully Dancing Gnome and the chocolate stout release, but a lot of time at the bar she used to work at hanging out with her old friends and regulars, Friday is the wedding decorations, Saturday the wedding, Sunday eating gobbleritos and saying hi to her best friend's new baby, then off to Florida where we stay with her cousin for a couple of days and do theme park stuff, before 4 days of Disney with a lot of her family.

Gonna need a holiday at the end of it.

Sounds like too much family time. I'll actually be in DC this weekend for my nephew's christening, but am returning Sunday. Our plan is to go to Mad Mex when we get back, so maybe I'll run into you. :laugh:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sounds like too much family time. I'll actually be in DC this weekend for my nephew's christening, but am returning Sunday. Our plan is to go to Mad Mex when we get back, so maybe I'll run into you. :laugh:

Well that's the problem with emigrating. She's super tight with her family, and only getting to see them once or twice a year really sucks for her, so when back she crams as much in. I like her family, but at the same time, I'm not so sure whether I'll feel the same after this.

And if you see a Viking looking guy with a British accent in the Monroeville Mad Mex, say hello and we can have the weirdest moment possible :laugh:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
For the handful of you who ventured there, the political board is no more
To add to this ... going forward there will be a very low tolerance for politics site-wide. Unless it directly relates to hockey, like funding for an arena, expect any post with political content to be edited, deleted and/or infracted at the discretion of site mods. And lest anyone think to invoke the first, it doesn't apply to a privately owned site like this one.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To add to this ... going forward there will be a very low tolerance for politics site-wide. Unless it directly relates to hockey, like funding for an arena, expect any post with political content to be edited, deleted and/or infracted at the discretion of site mods. And lest anyone think to invoke the first, it doesn't apply to a privately owned site like this one.

This sounds like something that the lizard people would do.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Talk about revitalizing a career. That would be like Sid at age 35 going on to win 4 cups in a row with 3 more CS trophies. NWO took an old and washed up babyface Hogan and gave him 10 more years of absolute dominance.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm ok with that. It's not a topic that is fun to talk about or even think about.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Kinda at the mercy of Ticketmaster.

They are super shady, but have a near monopoly.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Daredevil Season 3 is so good. Easily top tier of the shows, maybe the best of them.

Is it though? It's more of the "DareDevil must fight his personal demons and then rise as DareDevil again, 3 seasons worth!"

I am almost 99% ok with them cancelling the show. IT hasn't progressed at all in the sense of the character. You now know more about his personal life (just 1 tid bit that wasn't revealed in the show until now) and then the rest has been done over and over and over again to death. I grew up liking the character and was pumped, I thought the 2nd season was fairly decent and that they would build on it, then that moronic mini series came out and I had doubts that they would progress DD.

I was right. It was just so much of the same stuff. Bullseye bit was interesting and giving him a more fleshed out backstory was as well. That was the highlights for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad