OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Vancouver driving at its best. It’s a busy street downtown and 50km (30 mph) speed limit :laugh:

0Lnvk4E_d.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-15_21-12-19.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-15_21-12-19.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 2

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Of course it is a BMW.

I would guess on gender of driver....but....I mean....

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I like them too, just not of the cargo variety.
I wear cargo shorts. I also wear crocs (without socks, though), I keep my hair buzzed short just so I never have to do anything to it, I can't bother to shave most of the time. I'm surprised nobody has thought that I'm homeless yet. Honestly, I'm quickly turning into a dad. I was even getting the dad bod until I started eating healthy and working out again. The sad thing is, I don't even have any kids....

Reactions: EightyOne

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Any photographers out there? I used to be into it but got busy with work and sold off all my DSLRs and gear. Now my wife has expressed interest in taking pictures with something other than just an iPhone and we actually have the time now. Plus where we live it's much easier to shoot wildlife since we literally have all kinds of wildlife on our property (We've seen great horned, barred and saw-whet owls, plus many other species of birds. Bear, deer, fishers, coyotes, foxes, etc...) So I picked up an entry level DSLR with a typical 18-55 kit lens plus a cheap 55-250 telephoto for Christmas. Too bad I'm going to break and say she needs faster wide angle lenses and longer telephotos and I'll soon be spending thousands. Why does everything we want to do have to be so expensive?

Reactions: Clare2904

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I've always had a bridge camera, Fuji. I use at the tennis and they have a decent zoom, up to 50x and sport mode with burst speed to take 20 rapid shots.

I need an upgrade but I go to less tournaments here in NA than I did when I lived in the UK so can't justify the cost.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I've always had a bridge camera, Fuji. I use at the tennis and they have a decent zoom, up to 50x and sport mode with burst speed to take 20 rapid shots.

I need an upgrade but I go to less tournaments here in NA than I did when I lived in the UK so can't justify the cost.
Aren't there many venues where they won't allow you in with "professional" equipment, aka, an SLR with a large lens? Helps having something a little more discreet. Not to mention a LOT easier to carry around with you. I used to have a Canon Rebel XT and a Canon 30D way back in the day, paired up with a 17-55 f2.8 IS, sigma 70-200 f2.8 and a 400 f5.6. I loved those telephotos but they're not exactly comfortable to carry around all day. What I really wanted was a 600mm F4 IS but I could never justify spending that kind of money on a single lens.

I actually bought my wife a Canon Rebel SL2 for $200 less than I paid for the Rebel XT well over 10 years ago, not even factoring in inflation. The difference between the 2 cameras is insane with the new technology. I always tell people who are looking into going the SLR route to sink more money into a quality lens and go for the cheapest camera body that has everything you need. Lenses hold their value much better since they don't come out with new lenses every year. They might upgrade a lens every 10-15 years, and the old versions will still be worth money.

I do love the versatility and performance of SLRs, I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. But, you get what you pay for.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
20181116_072612.jpg

Ah nice foggy fall morning, eh?

No.

That's 3/4 mile visibility due to wildfire smoke. 150miles from fire.

It's starting to burn my eyes and give me a headache after a week.

20181116_072631.jpg

That's a normal color sun for 730 am, right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad