OT: HF Jets Lounge | Flying snowmobiles at the Grey Cup in Regina? Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Having the flu when staying at someone else's house for the holidays sucks. I just want to be in my own bed with my ensuite bathroom so I don't have to leave my room.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Just bought a new laptop. A Lenovo Yoga. It's quite a change from my old Acer that was a gaming laptop.

Kewl! The Yoga is a great machine - love the size/weight, and the touchscreen is great. The folding keyboard is very slick. Congrats!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Kewl! The Yoga is a great machine - love the size/weight, and the touchscreen is great. The folding keyboard is very slick. Congrats!

Really enjoying it so far! I went for the smaller one that was a bit heavier, and had a couple of hours longer battery time. Really enjoying it so far! I mean, I'm currently sitting with it unplugged, and it hasn't died yet, unlike my old computer!:laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Really enjoying it so far! I went for the smaller one that was a bit heavier, and had a couple of hours longer battery time. Really enjoying it so far! I mean, I'm currently sitting with it unplugged, and it hasn't died yet, unlike my old computer!:laugh:

You should get anywhere between 6-12 hours, depending on what you're using it for. Battery life of the new non-gaming machines is getting to be pretty darned nice. :nod:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
You should get anywhere between 6-12 hours, depending on what you're using it for. Battery life of the new non-gaming machines is getting to be pretty darned nice. :nod:

Yeah, that's what they told me at the store too! Thought about getting a MacBook, but decided to go with this. Didn't really feel like the extra battery time was worth the extra money.

Now if I can just figure out a quicker way to check my battery than to go to the Desktop and check it there!:laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, that's what they told me at the store too! Thought about getting a MacBook, but decided to go with this. Didn't really feel like the extra battery time was worth the extra money.

Now if I can just figure out a quicker way to check my battery than to go to the Desktop and check it there!:laugh:

Hit Windows-C (Windows Key + C) - brings up the charms bar, the time, and the battery meter, or swipe in from the right on the touchscreen. :nod:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
:laugh:
Hit Windows-C (Windows Key + C) - brings up the charms bar, the time, and the battery meter, or swipe in from the right on the touchscreen. :nod:

Thanks!

However, come to think of it, me being paranoid about my battery running out and me having to check it every 5 minutes is probably unnecessary now!:laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, really windy and snowing here.

After the crazy ice storm last week, Toronto is 4C today - everything is thankfully melting off, and trees are springing back to normal. Had a couple that had sagged over our driveway.

Just talked to my parents - sounds a bit nasty in Winnipeg right now.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
After the crazy ice storm last week, Toronto is 4C today - everything is thankfully melting off, and trees are springing back to normal. Had a couple that had sagged over our driveway.

Just talked to my parents - sounds a bit nasty in Winnipeg right now.

Good news for you guys in TO. Hopefully everything gets cleaned up.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
It's brutal at the airport. Trying to clear snow in our parking lot and it's all just blowing right back in; almost not worth it. Whoever decided to build this terminal facing North is an idiot.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I feel the need to go out and shovel and/or snowblow, but there's not much point to it as the snow's going to come down for most of the day, and I'll just be going out in the evening to move all the snow that's drifted back in.

Crap.

We had Perogy Making Day lined up for this afternoon, but our friends live in Lockport and are not chancing a drive in these conditions. I guess I'll have to fill the time with the World Juniors game, sigh.:D

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I was supposed to come back to the city from Kenora today, looks like that won't be happening. Anyone know how the highways are?

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Ugh, tried literally everywhere to try and find a PS4 and they're all sold out.

Serves me right for waiting until December 28th

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Well, that was fun. Not. Almost 5 1/2 hours of snowblowing and shoveling but at least it's finished and I won't have to go out tomorrow in the -5000 C temps to do it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just started watching Suits over the holidays.

Amazing show, I'd highly recommend it and it's on Netflix.

Yea I am on it as well I think I am just wrapping up episode 2.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

This thing is awesome so far. I don't at all understand why people are whining about Windows 8. Flipping between pages, pointing at things with your fingers instead of using the mouse. I really feel like this is a really great combination between a tablet and a laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad