OT: HF Jets Lounge | Flying snowmobiles at the Grey Cup in Regina? Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
CI definitely has blackouts in Canada - I had it last year, and anything playing on a local channel was blacked out (TSN, CBC, etc). One of the reasons I switched to GameCenter and a VPN provider. In Winnipeg, anything on TSN-JETS would be blacked out, so between that and the national broadcasts, I really doubt you'd ever see much of the Jets on CI.

Thanks - I knew some games were blacked out, but not to that extent. Basically makes up my mind, because I've been reading through the Shaw cable promotional stuff for Sunday Ticket, and the package is awesome. Comes with a whole host of extras, and it's $57.25 per month for 4 months. I can't go wrong.

Happy wife = happy life. She's super pumped for the Packers vs. Bears and the Cowboys vs. Eagles this weekend. Needless to way, I count myself amongst the very lucky for this.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Thanks - I knew some games were blacked out, but not to that extent. Basically makes up my mind, because I've been reading through the Shaw cable promotional stuff for Sunday Ticket, and the package is awesome. Comes with a whole host of extras, and it's $57.25 per month for 4 months. I can't go wrong.

Happy wife = happy life. She's super pumped for the Packers vs. Bears and the Cowboys vs. Eagles this weekend. Needless to way, I count myself amongst the very lucky for this.

The Sunday Ticket package includes NFL RedZone. Not sure if you're familiar with it, but it rules. :D

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Staying OT, can anybody recommend a good skate sharpener? I need to get mine sharpened, and the guy I used to go to at the Vimy doesn't do it anymore, and I don't care much for the replacement.

We bought my 4 year old nephew skates for Christmas, and I need to teach him how to skate. My S-i-L and B-i-L don't skate, so I've inherited the job. I don't mind doing it, as he's a lot of fun and is already willing to sit through most of a Jets game with me.

I dug my skates out of the shed (haven't been on them for two or three years, sadly) and they're dull, dull, dull.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Speaking of sports packages, Shaw has a promotion where you get a free subscription to NBA League Pass as long as you have two or more Shaw services.

It's pretty cool, even as a casual NBA fan. Usually end up watching some games at work when I'm bored. And it's free. Free!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Speaking of sports packages, Shaw has a promotion where you get a free subscription to NBA League Pass as long as you have two or more Shaw services.

It's pretty cool, even as a casual NBA fan. Usually end up watching some games at work when I'm bored. And it's free. Free!

To each their own - free would be too much for me. If they paid me, I might watch basketball.

Yes, I do not like basketball. :D

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
To each their own - free would be too much for me. If they paid me, I might watch basketball.

I've been playing NBA 2K14 and it's been helping me understand a bit more. Still kinda bores me but the video game is a lot of fun! It took me ages to figure out what a "pick and roll" offence was haha.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Staying OT, can anybody recommend a good skate sharpener? I need to get mine sharpened, and the guy I used to go to at the Vimy doesn't do it anymore, and I don't care much for the replacement.

We bought my 4 year old nephew skates for Christmas, and I need to teach him how to skate. My S-i-L and B-i-L don't skate, so I've inherited the job. I don't mind doing it, as he's a lot of fun and is already willing to sit through most of a Jets game with me.

I dug my skates out of the shed (haven't been on them for two or three years, sadly) and they're dull, dull, dull.

I found the guy at the KWCC/Keith Bodley Arena to be pretty good.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada

I'm in the same boat. I try and watch but I cannot find enjoyment in it. The players act like the toughest guys in the world and then flop over when they are touched. The final 2 minutes usually takes 10 min to play out. Not to mention that the same teams always win it, I don't find it really that interesting seeing how half the league are essentially farm teams for the rich teams.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I found the guy at the KWCC/Keith Bodley Arena to be pretty good.

Thanks, I'll give it a try on Saturday.

Man, I dug out my hockey equip when I got home, and it's, shall I say, worn and smelly. Think I need to go get all new stuff. I haven't played anything other than street hockey or shinny in over a decade, and the gear looks it's age.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thanks, I'll give it a try on Saturday.

Man, I dug out my hockey equip when I got home, and it's, shall I say, worn and smelly. Think I need to go get all new stuff. I haven't played anything other than street hockey or shinny in over a decade, and the gear looks it's age.

If you haven't replaced your skates in that time period, you'll be amazed with the change. I have a pair from about 15 years ago, and a new pair of Grafs - the weight difference and increased stiffness is ridiculous. I can't believe how heavy older skates are - makes a huge difference.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
I've been playing NBA 2K14 and it's been helping me understand a bit more. Still kinda bores me but the video game is a lot of fun! It took me ages to figure out what a "pick and roll" offence was haha.

Haha yeah, the video games definitely help get you into it, for me that goes all the way back to NBA Jam and NBA Live for the SNES.

I also have an infinite amount of respect for the athletes in that sport. Amazing the stuff they can do, and considering how much I've always sucked at basketball, I can definitely appreciate the skill. :laugh:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I ate too much over Christmas. Been sick all day. Don't know if it's from the fudge I ate or the 4 glasses of wine I had last night. Took pepto and 2 mins later it came right back up. Ugh

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
^^ LOL I ate a chocolate bar on Christmas and am still feeling guilty. Pepto sucks, I've only had it twice in my life but both times my tongue turned black the following morning and there was an ashy taste in mouth ewww...

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I ate too much over Christmas. Been sick all day. Don't know if it's from the fudge I ate or the 4 glasses of wine I had last night. Took pepto and 2 mins later it came right back up. Ugh

Might be the combo of the fudge and wine. If it was red wine, ugh my body can't handle that. Hopefully you had today off from work to recover at least.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Might be the combo of the fudge and wine. If it was red wine, ugh my body can't handle that. Hopefully you had today off from work to recover at least.

Thankfully no work. Was up early to get a tv but went right back to bed. Whats funny is its been my sinuses that have made me feel bad all day but it was only about 10 minutes I felt sick to my stomach and the pepto and brunch came up. And it was white wine lol. Was up at 3 the night before with other end stomach issues. It's all self induced :(

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Small workout update. 65 lb squats are now way easier than 45 lb squats. Notice improvement especially balance wise. Lost a bit of weight over chistmas instead of the usual gain. I'm going to concentrate on diet.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Damn! I bought my 4 year old nephew skates as well and was looking forward to teaching him but I am moving away next week :(

Pro Hockey Life has good equipment, and they seem to train their staff well. You can also get a skate sharpening card.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Small workout update. 65 lb squats are now way easier than 45 lb squats. Notice improvement especially balance wise. Lost a bit of weight over chistmas instead of the usual gain. I'm going to concentrate on diet.

Good work! I have to get back on board. I go through phases where I get sick of being so careful of what I eat and tired of working out. I gain a few pounds and that's usually enough motivation to get back on the wagon :)

Didn't help that I broke my finger and am only now getting back to playing hockey. That has always been a big help in maintaining my weight.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Didn't help that I broke my finger and am only now getting back to playing hockey. That has always been a big help in maintaining my weight.

That's another thing I was going to get back into. Unfortunately my lifestyle doesn't allow for any sort of organized hockey. Not a huge deal. I'm not very good to begin with.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That's another thing I was going to get back into. Unfortunately my lifestyle doesn't allow for any sort of organized hockey. Not a huge deal. I'm not very good to begin with.

Don't need organized hockey. I am playing odr this year, I have 2 weekly shinny skates inside, and I sub in on 2 teams. Plenty of hockey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad