OT: HF Jets Lounge | Flying snowmobiles at the Grey Cup in Regina? Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Do you know how sex works, Duke? :laugh:

Umm, yes... :huh: :laugh:

That is why you wear a rubber lol

Girls Pejorative Slured. Only 20, works in a bar, barely gets by money whise, and doesn't even live on her own. How are you going to bring a kid into this situation. So stupid. Thought she had more sense then that but the hints were always there this might happen.

I guess you shouldn't have taken your Swede ass time.

Nice.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
ylMeMrn.gif

:laugh: . reminds me of the youtube evil hamster stare.

thanks to nofool6110 for gifing it

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Took long enough, but according to NORAD, Santa has finally arrived in Winnipeg.

Merry Christmas to all. And to all, a good night. :santa:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I now find myself on the horns of a dilemma. Mrs. Monty was unaware of the existence of the NFL Sunday Ticket package until this week. That's not quite right - she was unaware that it is available on Shaw is more accurate.

She loves football, specifically NFL football. She can name more than half of the starting quarterbacks, and all of the starters on the Vikings roster. Frankly, I find that awesome, and love that she will watch entire games with me. I consider myself very lucky that she wants to attend NFL games whenever we get the chance.

Here's my problem. She told me earlier in the hockey season that I could subscribe to NHL Centre Ice if I really wanted it. Now, she wants to get Sunday Ticket for next year, but we can't have both.

So my choice is NFL Sunday Ticket with TSN Jets OR NHL Centre Ice (but no TSN Jets). This means I could watch NFL games all day Sunday with my wife, plus all Jets games, or I could watch all the hockey games I wanted (but not all Jets games).

So what say you, HFJets best & brightest? I'm curious, because I am more conflicted by this choice than I thought i would be. It's a tough call.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I now find myself on the horns of a dilemma. Mrs. Monty was unaware of the existence of the NFL Sunday Ticket package until this week. That's not quite right - she was unaware that it is available on Shaw is more accurate.

She loves football, specifically NFL football. She can name more than half of the starting quarterbacks, and all of the starters on the Vikings roster. Frankly, I find that awesome, and love that she will watch entire games with me. I consider myself very lucky that she wants to attend NFL games whenever we get the chance.

Here's my problem. She told me earlier in the hockey season that I could subscribe to NHL Centre Ice if I really wanted it. Now, she wants to get Sunday Ticket for next year, but we can't have both.

So my choice is NFL Sunday Ticket with TSN Jets OR NHL Centre Ice (but no TSN Jets). This means I could watch NFL games all day Sunday with my wife, plus all Jets games, or I could watch all the hockey games I wanted (but not all Jets games).

So what say you, HFJets best & brightest? I'm curious, because I am more conflicted by this choice than I thought i would be. It's a tough call.

Get her the NFL Sunday ticket and get your Jets TV. Your wife is a saint for watching football with you and you should reward her as such......buy her "your" gift of full choice NFL Sundays and drop and kiss the ground!

NHL centre ice is a small sacrifice for the far greater good.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If you get Gamecenter you can watch all the games online. It's 150$ but it's worth it. Winnipeg games are blocked out in Winnipeg but it's fairly easy to get around. As far as the NHL is concerned I'm a big time Jets fan living in Spain :laugh:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB

Really easy decision if I were in your shoes: Sunday Ticket + TSN Jets. I'd hate having to miss Jets games, but that's just me.

I subscribed to NHL CI for 2-3 years, and always felt that I didn't put it to good use. I'd usually end up missing most of the Eastern games, and watched a ****-tonne of Sharks and Kings games late at night. Also, not all feeds are in HD with CI. NHL GameCentre is so much better, you can watch the games whenever you want.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada

Get TSN Jets. I cut off all my cable since I went back to school in the Fall. Having to get to a buddy's place to watch the game sucks when its -30 constantly.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Really easy decision if I were in your shoes: Sunday Ticket + TSN Jets. I'd hate having to miss Jets games, but that's just me.

I subscribed to NHL CI for 2-3 years, and always felt that I didn't put it to good use. I'd usually end up missing most of the Eastern games, and watched a ****-tonne of Sharks and Kings games late at night. Also, not all feeds are in HD with CI. NHL GameCentre is so much better, you can watch the games whenever you want.

I thought it would be easy, but a friend has Centre Ice - it was awesome to have our pick of games, and we watched a slew of them until almost midnight when we last visited them. I was like a kid in a a candy store. ;) And, Mrs. Monty doesn't mind me watching hockey games, but she'll only watch if it's a Jets game against a team she doesn't like or Olympic hockey.

I didn't realize that not all games are in HD, though, so that weights one side of the choice for sure. Every NFL game is in HD, and there's a lot of extras included, IIRC. I'll have to check it out to see what else we get with it. I'm fairly certain that being in Canada, we don't get any games blacked out - anybody know for sure?

#firstworldproblems, I guess.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I thought it would be easy, but a friend has Centre Ice - it was awesome to have our pick of games, and we watched a slew of them until almost midnight when we last visited them. I was like a kid in a a candy store. ;) And, Mrs. Monty doesn't mind me watching hockey games, but she'll only watch if it's a Jets game against a team she doesn't like or Olympic hockey.

I didn't realize that not all games are in HD, though, so that weights one side of the choice for sure. Every NFL game is in HD, and there's a lot of extras included, IIRC. I'll have to check it out to see what else we get with it. I'm fairly certain that being in Canada, we don't get any games blacked out - anybody know for sure?

#firstworldproblems, I guess.

CI definitely has blackouts in Canada - I had it last year, and anything playing on a local channel was blacked out (TSN, CBC, etc). One of the reasons I switched to GameCenter and a VPN provider. In Winnipeg, anything on TSN-JETS would be blacked out, so between that and the national broadcasts, I really doubt you'd ever see much of the Jets on CI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad