Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This is my top "shutdown" guy Pete?

i

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Who is number 6 for the Oilers needs to be sent down to the AHL poor Oilers goalie putting the team on his back

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I gotta be honest as a software engineer, coming up with an algorithm to satisfy your requirements would be an achievement of a lifetime. Of note: I make no claims at being the best coder or even the best type of Engineer to understand/tackle this challenge (I’d be much better suited to tackle the NHL’s website - which I don’t judge nearly as harshly as some around here... but I digress).

It seems to me that this would be an incredibly multi-dimensional example of The Traveling Salesman Problem amplified by not only having to optimize travel, but also arrival and departure dates... for 31 teams by 31 teams... with outside concerns (venue bookings)... and divisional and rest (back-to-backs) concerns.

All of this is to say: it’s laughable that your take is the NHL is inept because their schedule making doesn’t conform to the outcome you can so easy type into a text box - when the much more likely scenario is that they are dedicating an appropriate amount of resources to the challenge and the problem is more difficult to solve than you grasp.
Whoa, a real life engineer? :clap:

Reactions: jMoneyBrah

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Larsson did get walked badly there, but he also did help create the Oilers first goal. Still, you'd hope to see better defense from him

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Who is number 6 for the Oilers needs to be sent down to the AHL poor Oilers goalie putting the team on his back
Beleive it or not folks, every D gets walked now and then. But im sure you just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad