GDT: HF Boards: 11/20/18 - Hitch'n it

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Did I ever say that they would need to create a software application to do it? Your job has absolutely no relevance to this discussion and the majority of your post makes no sense. Obviously it takes effort from people to do this. Ideally, you would see a better effort than one which includes the ridiculous discrepancies in back to backs between teams like Edmonton and Vancouver. I have no clue why everybody wants to defend the NHL so bad.

Now, somebody configuring a much better website than the NHL’s, on the other hand, is something that a group of decent engineers could do and it would absolutely not be the achievement of a lifetime. It would just be the decent work that you would expect from a corporation with such massive potential like the NHL.

Haha whatever you're studying there in Fremont, it has nothing to do with technology, huh? Or mathematics, or engineering.

A software application is EXACTLY what is required when creating an NHL schedule - and somebody who is a software engineer would have the right kind of background to at least work on said application, or have a role in designing the algorithm.
It does explain why the majority of his post makes no sense (to you).
To make things even worse (or make you appear even more ignorant) - software engineers don't create websites. That's the job of a software developer / web page designer.

Reactions: jMoneyBrah

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
yeah but I figured the Sharks were pretty good. Oilers don't look outmatched at all though. they've been solid I think

Edm is competitive when they work hard. But they have no room for error as they don’t have the talent or depth.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sharks are good at maintaining offensive zone time and minimizing defensive zone time, but they aren't great at doing anything with it. Not exactly scary offensively, or stingy defensively

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Sharks are good at maintaining offensive zone time and minimizing defensive zone time, but they aren't great at doing anything with it. Not exactly scary offensively, or stingy defensively
Yah they seem to just throw pucks from the point and go for the tip or lucky bounce.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Edm is competitive when they work hard. But they have no room for error as they don’t have the talent or depth.
true. They look like the better team every time McDavid is on the ice, but not so much when he's on the bench. Hopefully he'll have a good overtime

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Haha whatever you're studying there in Fremont, it has nothing to do with technology, huh? Or mathematics, or engineering.

A software application is EXACTLY what is required when creating an NHL schedule - and somebody who is a software engineer would have the right kind of background to at least work on said application, or have a role in designing the algorithm.
It does explain why the majority of his post makes no sense (to you).
To make things even worse (or make you appear even more ignorant) - software engineers don't create websites. That's the job of a software developer / web page designer.

lol, I’m studying business with a concentration in marketing and I can tell you that the NHL does a terrible job of marketing their league.

Also, you are wrong on their schedule. Here is an article for you, the ignorant one, on how they build their schedule.

A few clues as to how NHL puts together schedule - including the one that has Sharks on road for 16 of 21 - Working the Corners

Reactions: stopclickbait

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Deboer should be fired immediately.

Hmm the fastest and most talented player in the league and you ice Pavelski ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad