GDT: HF Boards: 11/20/18 - Hitch'n it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
These guys just waiting for Larsson to **** up all game

11z0wn.jpg

nah I'm barely paying attention at work, I looked up because there was a goal. Then had a hearty guffaw when I saw what happened.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
nah I'm barely paying attention at work, I looked up because there was a goal. Then had a hearty guffaw when I saw what happened.
Lol let them make fun of posters who are pointing out the fact that the player their team traded a Hart winner for just got walked. Only they are allowed to make fun of their inept gm.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I gotta be honest as a software engineer, coming up with an algorithm to satisfy your requirements would be an achievement of a lifetime. Of note: I make no claims at being the best coder or even the best type of Engineer to understand/tackle this challenge (I’d be much better suited to tackle the NHL’s website - which I don’t judge nearly as harshly as some around here... but I digress).

It seems to me that this would be an incredibly multi-dimensional example of The Traveling Salesman Problem amplified by not only having to optimize travel, but also arrival and departure dates... for 31 teams by 31 teams... with outside concerns (venue bookings)... and divisional and rest (back-to-backs) concerns.

All of this is to say: it’s laughable that your take is the NHL is inept because their schedule making doesn’t conform to the outcome you can so easy type into a text box - when the much more likely scenario is that they are dedicating an appropriate amount of resources to the challenge and the problem is more difficult to solve than you grasp.

Did I ever say that they would need to create a software application to do it? Your job has absolutely no relevance to this discussion and the majority of your post makes no sense. Obviously it takes effort from people to do this. Ideally, you would see a better effort than one which includes the ridiculous discrepancies in back to backs between teams like Edmonton and Vancouver. I have no clue why everybody wants to defend the NHL so bad.

Now, somebody configuring a much better website than the NHL’s, on the other hand, is something that a group of decent engineers could do and it would absolutely not be the achievement of a lifetime. It would just be the decent work that you would expect from a corporation with such massive potential like the NHL.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Did I ever say that they would need to create a software application to do it? Your job has absolutely no relevance to this discussion and the majority of your post makes no sense. Obviously it takes effort from people to do this. Ideally, you would see a better effort than one which includes the ridiculous discrepancies in back to backs between teams like Edmonton and Vancouver. I have no clue why everybody wants to defend the NHL so bad.

Now, somebody configuring a much better website than the NHL’s, on the other hand, is something that a group of decent engineers could do and it would absolutely not be the achievement of a lifetime. It would just be the decent work that you would expect from a corporation with such massive potential like the NHL.

I apologize if you struggle to find sense in a majority of my posts.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Man San Jose is almost perfectly disciplined. Lady Byng team.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Man San Jose is almost perfectly disciplined. Lady Byng team.
Everyone who plays the Oil is a Lady Byng team apparently, which is amazing when you have the most electrifying player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad