Heritage Jersey

SenatorArmy*

that's actually the whole jersey, due to Melnyk's financials constraints he could not afford the material for complete jerseys. They're going to be short-sleeve belly jerseys & we lose the game when our players eventually get hypothermia

Milan the God*

Assuming this is the white heritage one that's rumoured, they need to make these and the blacks our regular jerseys

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010
No thanks, don't want these as our regulars.

Make a new red and white 2D logo concept.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
The team won't move away from Red Home jerseys.

The writing is on the wall for our current away jersey, so I expect a version of the heritage classic jersey to become our new away.

Then for the 2016-2017 season, Ottawa will get a new home, and another Heritage classic jersey. (when we're rumored to host)

In short by 2017:

Home- replaced with either a red =O= jersey, or a 2D logo jersey.
Away- replaced with a variation of the 2014 heritage classic jersey
Alternate- no change
2017 Heritage Classic- full out barber pole jersey.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I just hope that this version of the heritage jersey keeps the 'O' as the logo...if rumours of having the 3D logo on the jersey pan out :shakehead

Karlsson and Spezza both said the jersey looks "old", so I highly doubt they are using the 3D logo.

andpro

Dec 30, 2009
Halifax, N.S.
I really hope this and the current third becomes our new set. Ottawa needs a timeless jersey that will stand the test of time. I think this set would give us that look that teams like Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Detroit all have. These are real hockey sweaters and not a cartoonish logo on a cookie cutter jersey like we currently have.

It's time we go back to our roots and tap into the history of our club.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I really hope this and the current third becomes our new set. Ottawa needs a timeless jersey that will stand the test of time. I think this set would give us that look that teams like Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Detroit all have. These are real hockey sweaters and not a cartoonish logo on a cookie cutter jersey like we currently have.

It's time we go back to our roots and tap into the history of our club.

I'm in the probably minority that think that despite the fact that the heritage jerseys look amazing, I'm not a big fan of them being the main jerseys because of the O crest.

The =O= logo is not bad, but the team has had a the Spartan/Senator (not sure the correct term) as the main crest for 20 years. I'd rather they keep some form of that logo.

I'd prefer the old 2D logo, even if it had to be reshaped a bit. But here is a concept from google images.

OttawaSenators.jpg

I'm going to assume that I'm probably in the vast minority who thinks so. But if the heritage jerseys are going to be the main jerseys, I'd like to see the O swapped out for a form of the 2D logo.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Please stop with the kiddy 2D Crests! It's almost as bad as our current 3D kiddy Crest! :rant: Especially that stupid scarf!

I'm in the probably minority that think that despite the fact that the heritage jerseys look amazing, I'm not a big fan of them being the main jerseys because of the O crest.

The =O= logo is not bad, but the team has had a the Spartan/Senator (not sure the correct term) as the main crest for 20 years. I'd rather they keep some form of that logo.

I'd prefer the old 2D logo, even if it had to be reshaped a bit. But here is a concept from google images.

OttawaSenators.jpg

I'm going to assume that I'm probably in the vast minority who thinks so. But if the heritage jerseys are going to be the main jerseys, I'd like to see the O swapped out for a form of the 2D logo.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
How many teams have a vintage white jersey?

How many a white?

White is a normal jersey colour and it looks good.

Rangers, Blackhawks, Bruins, Blue Jackets, Penguins, Flyers, Red Wings, Canucks, Flames, and the Sens have all incorporated vintage white into a uniform in recent seasons. That's a third of the league.

Didn't include Phoenix, Minnesota, or Anaheim because they incorporate beige in their team colours. If you include them, it's nearly half of all teams.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
White is a normal jersey colour and it looks good.

Rangers, Blackhawks, Bruins, Blue Jackets, Penguins, Flyers, Red Wings, Canucks, Flames, and the Sens have all incorporated vintage white into a uniform in recent seasons. That's a third of the league.

Didn't include Phoenix, Minnesota, or Anaheim because they incorporate beige in their team colours. If you include them, it's nearly half of all teams.

White is bland and not unique. I don't remember any teams having a primarily vintage white jersey.

In a perfect world teams could have two differently coloured jerseys though. White and dark isn't necessary anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad