Heritage Jersey

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
You're probably the same guy who doesn't ever go to games and when he does brings his own beer and chips.

you do realize that you, as an obviously way more invested fan than others should be the first person lining up to buy the jerseys. what the hell will you do with 15K posts when the Sens get moved?

The hate for Melnyk is mind boggling to me. Frustration sure...but boycotting products out of spite is just silly.

kXv32.jpg

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
It depends where the jerseys are purchased, I think, based on a recent article on the BoH board about Detroit only selling jerseys in person at their arena.

If you buy online from NHL.com, the price is split evenly among all thirty teams. If you buy from a local retailer or the Sens Stores, more of the money goes to the Sens, I think.

So if you end up buying from NHL.com, probably only $5-10 is going directly to the Sens and Melynk.

Ah ja...you're right. Found that thread.

According to the BoH people and the article being discussed, it's actually all proceeds from outlets and affiliates that would go direct to the Sens and doesn't have to be distributed. It's still counted toward HRR for cap reasons but does not get put in the kitty. Which is a pretty sweet deal for the teams I imagine...

Unless you're Buffalo and are actively trying never to sell another jersey ever.

My bad Benny.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm just going to try and run some bleach over my heritage jersey, see how it goes. Maybe I can save myself 130.

Anybody with any inside scoops know if Edge, or Indo Edge versions of this jersey will be available? I recall seeing a guy on the Ice Jerseys forum who had a Made In Canada authentic of the newly released Flames alternate. My assumption would be it was an Edge 2.0.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You're probably the same guy who doesn't ever go to games and when he does brings his own beer and chips.

you do realize that you, as an obviously way more invested fan than others should be the first person lining up to buy the jerseys. what the hell will you do with 15K posts when the Sens get moved?

The hate for Melnyk is mind boggling to me. Frustration sure...but boycotting products out of spite is just silly.

I dont wanna support the person responsible for holding the Sens back. Fudge me, right?

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I dont wanna support the person responsible for holding the Sens back. Fudge me, right?

Then support the guy who's the only reason the Sens are still around. Guess what? It's the same guy!

The lack of logic some people here are displaying is perplexing. You have no problem enjoying the product, but God be damned if you'll spend a dime supporting that product. Ever think if Melnyk were to actually make a profit at some point, instead of continually throwing his own money at a losing venture then he might be more willing to spend more? Your team has by far the cheapest seats in Canada but your supporters still can't sell out more than a handful of games each year (usually thanks to Leafs or Canadiens fans). Why exactly should Melnyk toss more money into something the community doesn't seem willing to support, even simply to the degree of breaking even?

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He's also the person responsible for the Senators not playing in seattle.
Nope. Im sure tons of people would buy the Sens and keep them in Ottawa,

Then support the guy who's the only reason the Sens are still around. Guess what? It's the same guy!

The lack of logic some people here are displaying is perplexing. You have no problem enjoying the product, but God be damned if you'll spend a dime supporting that product. Ever think if Melnyk were to actually make a profit at some point, instead of continually throwing his own money at a losing venture then he might be more willing to spend more? Your team has by far the cheapest seats in Canada but your supporters still can't sell out more than a handful of games each year (usually thanks to Leafs or Canadiens fans). Why exactly should Melnyk toss more money into something the community doesn't seem willing to support, even simply to the degree of breaking even?
The sens are constantly in the top of attendance, money from the playoff games, im sure the Sens naturally sell a lot of merchandise being a Canadian team, etc. Melnyk is cheap despite great fan support. Melnyk is the problem, not the fan support.

And if a lot of people do that, how will Eugene get more money if no one is spending it?
Hopefully it forces him to sell or at least get a partner. Sens will never win a cup as long as hes the owner.

I dont wanna turn this into a Melnyk thread but...

Elliotte Friedman is saying the cap could be at 80mil in 4 years. We're currently handcuffed at 50mil despite a ton of fan support.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That money would better serve him if you invested it into one of his companies, purchasing a suite, or topping lac lemy's bribe to mayor watson.:sarcasm:

Now why would i invest any of my money into his companies?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Now why would i invest any of my money into his companies?

Because if you buy 1000 jerseys, you have a 1000 jerseys that lose value.

Investing in a company gives you the chance to get a return on your investment. If Melnyk's company lands a major hit on a product your investment could be very fruitful.

1000 jerseys at 130 each is $130,000.
Trimel Pharmaceuticals is currently trading at 0.59 per share.
A $130,000 investment would net you 76700 shares in his company.
If his company grows to what Biovail is right now (27.30) you would have a return of $2,093,910.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Investing in a company gives you the chance to get a return on your investment. If Melnyk's company lands a major hit on a product your investment could be very fruitful.

If his company grows to what Biovail is right now (27.30) you would have a return of $2,093,910.

Hmmmm, that is tempting.

NOT

slapshot12phil

Dec 18, 2010
That colour picture practically guarantees that its the same as our black jersey. They just swapped the black and the vintage white.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Time to buy on Trimel was a month ago, when stocks were ~$0.40

It's still not a bad speculative buy, though. It shouldn't get much lower than it currently is.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
It kind of looks like there won't be an shoulder patches.

Also, I see heritage white in the back of the jersey...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad